Future Events Major Overlooked Reason why Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido is Inevitable

Since this Topic is Discussed so much lately, i wanna explain something Very Important that many Readers Overlooked regarding Wano Match Ups. Wano Arc wasn't Planned Yesterday, it was Planned +20 Years Ago !! You know what it means? It was planned a Decade before Oda even thought about Supernova

So basically, Oda's Original Wano Arc didn't include Law & Kid Alliance & didn't include Supernova Trio joining Kaido
Then who were the Main Players?!

It's very simple, Straw Hats Pirates arrived at Zou, made an Alliance with Momo (Wano) & then Neko said that they need Marco too
So this is the Original Alliance "Straw Hats + Wano + Marco" against "Beasts Pirates". That's what Wano Arc is about
And this is Exactly like Dressrosa where Straw Hats + Dressrosa Rebellion + Law fought against Donquixote Pirates
(Law & Marco even joined alone & without their Crews)

However, Oda added Supernova halfway through the Story & since they are meant to be Rivals for Luffy then Oda must come up with a way to let them Shine. Since Wano Arc is a very Major Story Event & The World will never be the same as it was after it ends & also Final Arc will start as soon as Wano Ends. Then Oda must include Most Supernova in this Arc to Highlight them before Final Arc arrives which basically Wraps everything up

So Oda decided to Add 03 Supernova to Luffy's Side (Law + Kid + Killer) & also add 03 Others to Kaido's Side (Drake + Hawkins + Apoo) However, these Supernova wouldn't join Luffy so that they end up helping him Defeat some Officers, obviously the only Justification Oda can give for adding them is that they also want Kaido's Head hence why Oda made Kaido be Law's Target & made Kid meet Kaido before Wano Arc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But before i explain Supernova's Role in this Arc, let's talk about Wano "Original" Match Ups +20 Years Ago:

There were No Supernova so Kaido's Side only had ---> Kaido + Three Calamities + Flying Five + Fukurokuju
And Luffy's Side had ---> 09 Straw Hats (There was no Robin) + Scabbards (9 at Most) + Marco

We can ignore Fukuro since his Match-Up is obviously Raizo
So Luffy's Alliance must take down Kaido, Calamities & Flying Five

Kaido's Top Henchmen are obviously Calamities so Three among Top Alliance Fighters must take them down
Since Marco is alone & he is one of Top Alliance Fighters, he Must Fight one of Calamities, because Flying Five are Underwhelming for him & he shouldn't Fight Kaido because it's Straw Hats Role to Shine & he cannot go by without Defeating anyone because he Represents the Third Alliance, otherwise his Addition will look like for nothing

So for Marco's Alliance to be Justified, he must Fight One of Calamities
And Another Calamity must be taken down by a Straw Hat for obvious reasons
Leaving One Calamity remaining, should Oda give it to another Straw Hat? Obviously not, because the Alliance is Made-Up of Three Sides
Two of them are already Fighting Two Calamities so the Third one must be taken by the Third Member of the Alliance (Wano Side) which is why One of Scabbards must do it

And this isn't something new, in Dressrosa Arc, Doflamingo too had Three Major Officers
And the Alliance against him was composed of Three Sides (Straw Hats + Dresserosa Rebellion + Law)
Do you remember who took down Trebol + Pica + Diamante?
It was One of Straw Hats Side + One of Dressrosa Side + Law

So the same is happening in Wano:
One of Straw Hats Side will Defeat a Calamity ---> Sanji vs Queen
One of Wano Side will Defeat a Calamity ---> Inurashi vs Jack
Third Ally will Defeat a Calamity ---> Marco vs King

And the Motives are also the same:

Kyros (Country Side) took Revenge on Diamante who Killed his Wife ---> Inurashi (Wano Side) will take Revenge on Jack for Destroying Zou
Zoro (SH Side) Defeated Pica who was Endangering the Main Battlefield ---> Sanji (SH Side) will take Down Queen who was Endangering entire Ground Floor
Law (Third Ally) Defeated Trebol who was trying to not let them reach Doffy ---> Marco (Third Ally) will take Down King who is not allowing anyone to reach Kaido

As for Remaining Straw Hats, they are obviously meant to take down Flying Five:

Jinbe vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Brook vs Black Maria
Nami vs Ulti
Usopp vs Page One

As for Chopper, he didn't have a Match-Up because Oda needed him to stay & help Cure Injured, otherwise Oda will fail to Justify how Wano Samurai could have Beasts Pirates who outnumber them, so Oda had to make sure Doctors are there to Help or Maybe he was supposed to take down Page One while Usopp captures Bao Huang & have no Match-Up (Similar to Enies Lobby Arc where he also rescued Robin & didn't have a Match-Up)
Finally Oda added a New Straw Hat who is Robin, so he simply decided to make her join in one of those Fights & make it a Tag-Team Fight (Brook + Robin vs Black Maria)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, we return to Supernova that Oda decided to Add
As i explained before, he can't justify their Presence unless they also want Kaido's Head & other Match-Ups are already Established
So what was the Solution Oda came up with?! Adding another Yonko, so he brought Big Mom back

Since Yonko are Too Strong, Oda cannot make a Single Supernova Fight her, so he have to choose either Two or all Three of them
But since he also added Three More on Kaido's Side, he cannot use all Three on Big Mom, so he chose Two only & made them Hyped as Strongest Supernova

This leaves him with One Supernova left on Luffy's Side (Killer) & Three on Kaido's Side (Hawkins, Apoo & Drake)
So Oda simply made one of those Three a Traitor & took care of them by having them Fight each other

This resulted in Law + Kid vs Big Mom & Killer vs Hawkins & Drake vs Apoo
This way Oda added Supernova to Wano Arc without Changing his Original Plan

So Big Mom & Supernova are added to take care of each other
And Most Straw Hats are meant to Fight Top Headliners
And One from each of Three Alliances Defeats One of Calamities

What does this leave us with??
What is Oda's Original Roof Battle? Original Main Match-Up? Original Big Fight??

It's none other than "Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido" !!! It always has been Planned like this & Supernova Fighting Each Other + Big Mom proves that Oda refuses to change his Original Plan & i proved to you how Oda handles Three Calamities just like he handled Doffy's Top Three (Bird vs Bird + Science vs Science + Beast vs Beast)

As for Yamato i didn't forget about her, she simply doesn't have a Match-Up & her Role is to assist with Kaido & have a Bond with Momo
So you could say her Fight is with Kaido, whether she will be Part in Final Minutes against Kaido or not is left to be seen but it still doesn't change anything i said before

Conclusion:

Oda's Original Wano Plan didn't Include any Supernova nor Robin nor Big Mom
Match-Ups were:

Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido (With Yamato & Momo Involved)
Inurashi + Sanji + Marco vs Jack + Queen + King (Kaido's Top 3 vs Top Fighter from Each Alliance)
Remaining Straw Hats vs Top Headliners
And ofc some additional Wano Match-Ups for Drama such as Raizo vs Fuku & Kin'emon vs Kanjuro ... etc

But with Supernova being Added & also Robin, Oda decided to include Big Mom resulting in Additional Match-Ups that don't effect the Original Ones:

Kid + Law vs Big Mom
Killer vs Hawkins
Drake vs Apoo
And he made Robin join in one of Top Headliners Fight instead of making a New Character for her

And since Supernova were there to Kill Kaido initially, he allowed them to have a Fight against him Once & also added Big Mom to it to Balance things
Which resulted in Roof Battle we saw in Chapter 1000

But the Main Fight which Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido didn't happen yet & it doesn't need to happen on the Roof, that was meant for Scabbards & Supernova only
This is also why Kaido vs Luffy 1 v 1 was Off-Paneled & Finished Fast, it was because that Entire Roof Battle wasn't in Oda's Original Plan, so he tried to Wrap it up as Fast as possible & prepare for the Real Main Match-Up

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
You seem to be on the spot but man, Zoro vs King could have been such an awesome battle...
He would have joined Kaido fight after it anyway. I guess I am too greedy in Wano but Oda is also generous so can you blame me? :catblush:

Still sounds weird that Marco and Inuarashi get that much focus but as you said, already happened with Law and Kyros in DR...
Sad that Zoro vs King likely wont happen but I said long ago, Zoro's strength is wasted anywhere else except against the Emperors.
Good thread, still waiting for the Imu reveal one. :catpole:

I’d never heard the Calamities - Doffy’s officers comparison before but that part definitely makes a lot of sense actually.

I still think Zoro v King has a good chance of happening but this is an alternative take that I find interesting and it may have some real credibility behind it.

I don’t agree with all of it, for example P1 wasn’t really an Ussop fight. If Ussop does get a fight I think it’s more likely the numbers.

Last edited:
You seem to be on the spot but man, Zoro vs King could have been such an awesome battle...
He would have joined Kaido fight after it anyway. I guess I am too greedy in Wano but Oda is also generous so can you blame me? :catblush:

Still sounds weird that Marco and Inuarashi get that much focus but as you said, already happened with Law and Kyros in DR...
Sad that Zoro vs King likely wont happen but I said long ago, Zoro's strength is wasted anywhere else except against the Emperors.
Good thread, still waiting for the Imu reveal one. :catpole:
I also would love to see Zoro vs King, but this Point made me have some doubts & i thought it was worth mentioning.

Im-Sama Theory evolved into Full One Piece Analysis lol I'm really planning to release it as a PDF or Online Documents
Cuz a single Thread here will be ridiculously long even by using Tags & it's taking me so much time

Last edited:
Since this Topic is Discussed so much lately, i wanna explain something Very Important that many Readers Overlooked regarding Wano Match Ups. Wano Arc wasn't Planned Yesterday, it was Planned +20 Years Ago !! You know what it means? It was planned a Decade before Oda even thought about Supernova

So basically, Oda's Original Wano Arc didn't include Law & Kid Alliance & didn't include Supernova Trio joining Kaido

It's very simple, Straw Hats Pirates arrived at Zou, made an Alliance with Momo (Wano) & then Neko said that they need Marco too
So this is the Original Alliance "Straw Hats + Wano + Marco" against "Beasts Pirates". That's what Wano Arc is about
And this is Exactly like Dressrosa where Straw Hats + Dressrosa Rebellion + Law fought against Donquixote Pirates

However, Oda added Supernova halfway through the Story & since they are meant to be Rivals for Luffy then Oda must come up with a way to let them Shine. Since Wano Arc is a very Major Story Event & The World will never be the same as it was after it ends & also Final Arc will start as soon as Wano Ends. Then Oda must include Most Supernova in this Arc to Highlight them before Final Arc arrives which basically Wraps everything up

So Oda decided to Add 03 Supernova to Luffy's Side (Law + Kid + Killer) & also add 03 Others to Kaido's Side (Drake + Hawkins + Apoo) However, these Supernova wouldn't join Luffy so that they end up helping him Defeat some Officers, obviously the only Justification Oda can give for adding them is that they also want Kaido's Head hence why Oda made Kaido be Law's Target & made Kid meet Kaido before Wano Arc

But before i explain Supernova's Role in this Arc, let's talk about Wano "Original" Match Ups +20 Years Ago:

There were No Supernova so Kaido's Side only had ---> Kaido + Three Calamities + Flying Five + Fukurokuju
And Luffy's Side had ---> 09 Straw Hats (There was no Robin) + Scabbards (9 at Most) + Marco

Kaido's Top Henchmen are obviously Calamities so Three among Top Alliance Fighters must take them down
Since Marco is alone & he is one of Top Alliance Fighters, he Must Fight one of Calamities, because Flying Five are Underwhelming for him & he shouldn't Fight Kaido because it's Straw Hats Role to Shine & he cannot go by without Defeating anyone because he Represents the Third Alliance, otherwise his Addition will look like for nothing

Leaving One Calamity remaining, should Oda give it to another Straw Hat? Obviously not, because the Alliance is Made-Up of Three Sides
Two of them are already Fighting Two Calamities so the Third one must be taken by the Third Member of the Alliance (Wano Side) which is why One of Scabbards must do it

And this isn't something new, in Dressrosa Arc, Doflamingo too had Three Major Officers
And the Alliance against him was composed of Three Sides (Straw Hats + Dresserosa Rebellion + Law)

Kyros (Country Side) took Revenge on Diamante who Killed his Wife ---> Inurashi (Wano Side) will take Revenge on Jack for Destroying Zou
Zoro (SH Side) Defeated Pica who was Endangering the Main Battlefield ---> Sanji (SH Side) will take Down Queen who was Endangering entire Ground Floor
Law (Third Ally) Defeated Trebol who was trying to not let them reach Doffy ---> Marco (Third Ally) will take Down King who is not allowing anyone to reach Kaido

Jinbe vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Brook vs Black Maria
Nami vs Ulti
Usopp vs Page One

As for Chopper, he didn't have a Match-Up because Oda needed him to stay & help Cure Injured, otherwise Oda will fail to Justify how Wano Samurai could have Beasts Pirates who outnumber them, so Oda had to make sure Doctors are there to Help or Maybe he was supposed to take down Page One while Usopp captures Bao Huang & have no Match-Up (Similar to Enies Lobby Arc where he also rescued Robin & didn't have a Match-Up)
Finally Oda added a New Straw Hat who is Robin, so he simply decided to make her join in one of those Fights & make it a Tag-Team Fight (Brook + Robin vs Black Maria)

As i explained before, he can't justify their Presence unless they also want Kaido's Head & other Match-Ups are already Established
So what was the Solution Oda came up with?! Adding another Yonko, so he brought Big Mom back

Since Yonko are Too Strong, Oda cannot make a Single Supernova Fight her, so he have to choose either Two or all Three of them
But since he also added Three More on Kaido's Side, he cannot use all Three on Big Mom, so he chose Two only & made them Hyped as Strongest Supernova

This leaves him with One Supernova left on Luffy's Side (Killer) & Three on Kaido's Side (Hawkins, Apoo & Drake)
So Oda simply made one of those Three a Traitor & took care of them by having them Fight each other

What is Oda's Original Roof Battle? Original Main Match-Up? Original Big Fight??

It's none other than "Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido" !!! It always has been Planned like this & Supernova Fighting Each Other + Big Mom proves that Oda refuses to change his Original Plan & i proved to you how Oda handles Three Calamities just like he handled Doffy's Top Three (Bird vs Bird + Science vs Science + Beast vs Beast)

As for Yamato i didn't forget about her, she simply doesn't have a Match-Up & her Role is to assist with Kaido & have a Bond with Momo
So you could say her Fight is with Kaido, whether she will be Part in Final Minutes against Kaido or not is left to be seen but it still doesn't change anything i said before

Conclusion:

Match-Ups were:

Inurashi + Sanji + Marco vs Jack + Queen + King (Kaido's Top 3 vs Top Fighter from Each Alliance)
And ofc some additional Wano Match-Ups for Drama such as Raizo vs Fuku & Kin'emon vs Kanjuro ... etc

But with Supernova being Added & also Robin, Oda decided to include Big Mom resulting in Additional Match-Ups that don't effect the Original Ones:

Kid + Law vs Big Mom
Killer vs Hawkins
Drake vs Apoo
And he made Robin join in one of Top Headliners Fight instead of making a New Character for her

And since Supernova were there to Kill Kaido initially, he allowed them to have a Fight against him Once & also added Big Mom to it to Balance things

But the Main Fight which Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido didn't happen yet & it doesn't need to happen on the Roof, that was meant for Scabbards & Supernova only
This is also why Kaido vs Luffy 1 v 1 was Off-Paneled & Finished Fast, it was because that Entire Roof Battle wasn't in Oda's Original Plan, so he tried to Wrap it up as Fast as possible & prepare for the Real Main Match-Up

Kidd was always planned.

Oda plans a lot of things far ahead of when its actually important, but thinking that he cares about matchups so much that he planned them 20+ years ago just sounds ridiculous.
Oda doesn't have to Plan the details, but he have the Main Concepts & i Highlighted it

Oda's Original Idea is very simple:

Luffy + Zoro vs Kaido
Rest of Straw Hats vs Top Kaido Fighters
One Top Fighter from each of Three Alliances vs Kaido's Top 3
As simple as that

So i don't mean he thought about Who's Who & Sasaki & Black Maria & Calamities in detail
But he had in mind of what will Straw Hats & Alliance role be
Post automatically merged:

Kidd was always planned.
Kid & other Supernova were Planned not long before their Introduction in Sabaody Arc
Wano was Planned before OP Started

Oda said this, not me
Post automatically merged:

the fact that Marco's bounty will not be revealed in the manga but in a vivre card is the best evidence that he will not be the who defeats King. Kings bounty is still unknown if they were to fight till the end Oda would just reveal their bounties together . King's bounty will be revealed at the beginning of his fight with Zoro.
Actually, that proves why Marco's Fight is against King
Because if it was Zoro's, Oda would have Mentioned his Bounty to Hype Him, but since his Fight is against a Half-Retired Pirate, then Bounties are not needed. Only Queen's Bounty was needed because it's Hype for Sanji & Jack's Bounty was revealed because he had his Own Arc before Wano

Pica's Bounty was also not Revealed even though Zoro defeated him, & other Two Officers too

A simple notion is to understand how Luffy spelled 'I got this' merely after realizing Zoro was unable to continue assisting him. This is not necessarily a matter of honor, the fight had started in group as a matter of fact, plus it's possible that Zoro will want to save Yamato if Luffy is still out. I concur that Zoro trusts Luffy enough to eventually let him take on Kaido alone since he still spelled those words, but it would not be so massively bad if the two changed at Kaido together in my opinion.

Zoro already helped fight Kaido. He even gave him a new scar in the process. It's nonsensical for Oda to have Zoro help fight Kaido, injure him to the point where he needs to be removed from the fight, and then bring him back immediately after he gets healed.

Zoro was brought down to the live floor because that is where he is going to be needed the most.

Luffy already told Law and Zoro to go downstairs because he's got this. Zoro going back up to the roof to help Luffy means he doesn't have faith that Luffy can win.

You're fooling yourself and have been reading something completely different than the rest of the World if you think Zoro is going to throw his faith in Luffy out the window and rush back up to the rooftop to help him.

Jinbe vs Who's Who
Franky vs Sasaki
Brook vs Black Maria
Nami vs Ulti
Usopp vs Page One

Conclusion:

Match-Ups were:

Kid + Law vs Big Mom
Killer vs Hawkins
Drake vs Apoo

You forgot about Orochi. You should of added Hyori and Momo to orochi or something

@Salah WG Thank you, couldnt agree more. Have one question, what about Denjiro matchup? I feel if Marco does need help against King, it would be Denjiro assisting.
This guy is a Pearl, so happy he is a Zorofan :D

Very well written and makes perfect sense.
Thanks ^^

I didn't talk about Scabbards in detail because we have no clue whether Oda planned them all or not, it's possible they were only 5, give or take.

For example, notice how the ones who got a Match-Up are those who were Introduced before Wano:

Kin'emon Defeated Kanjuro
Raizo is Fighting Fukuro
Inurashi vs Jack
Neko going after Peros

But those who got Introduced in Wano are currently without Match-Up or Oda got rid of them differently such as the way Asura went down fast against Oden's Drawing & same thing happened to Kiku later on.
Now Kawamatsu & Izo are just in Live Floor with No Match-Up & Denjiro is missing

Also remember that when Kin'emon mentioned Kanjuro in Dressrosa & his Flashback was shown, Kanjuro's Original Design was Denjiro's, but then Oda changed it in Volume Release, so it's possible that Oda didn't plan for 9 Scabbards at first & they were less

However with addition of BM & Supernova, the Arc became much Longer so Oda had to make more Scabbards to give Wano Side more Screen Time

So it's possible Denjiro, Kawamatsu & Izo won't have a Match-Up or they will simply help protect people here & there, meet Hiyori, help Momo with something ... etc