General & Others Make One Piece great again

Okay so in this thread you can discuss the things you didn't like and how you would change it to make the story better but you can't make a big change just give your opinion on other ways Oda could have chosen to develope a certain plot that would have been better for example you can't say i would let Ace live but you can change the way he died
I start with Bigmom's amnesia i think it was unnecessary and added nothing to the story you could have had her wake up on the beach and go to onigashima by herself or get captured and put in sea stone when she was unconsious
I would have Kidd attack the prison to save Killer instead of him getting caught by fodders that he should have been able to knock out with coc
I would shorten Udon it was a very boring time and instead of Luffy learning advcoa fighting fodders i would have him learn it by fighting Queen but no one would win Queen uses plague on him and tells him to join Luffy refuses and then Queen leaves him to die and goes to onigashima after that we can have Raizo, and Kawamatsu save him and take over the prison alongside Kidd and Killer.

Last edited:
Get rid of DBF arc, shorten the Dressrosa countdown, the 2nd half of WCI...
Kill Spandam and Pound... Carrot dies instead of Pedro...
Yubashiri gets destroyed during the Zombie Ryuma battle instead of a random rust...
Give Chopper and Robin more badass battles...
Give the SHs outside Luffy and ZSJ 1 Haki each before New World...
Fujitora has cover story...

What about Making the Strawhat's a bit more like actual pirates? Where's the looting and the ship battles damn it.
You cant really have ship battles when you have guys who can destroy war ships as if they were paper.
Post automatically merged:

Give the SHs outside Luffy and ZSJ 1 Haki each before New World...
A HUGE YES ON THIS ONE.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Usopp in Syrup Village, having seen nothing of the world or faced any difficult opponents - “I want to be a brave warrior of the sea!”

Usopp, more than two years after leaving his village, visiting fantastical islands and defeating several powerful villains by himself - “Oh shit, is that fodder in front of Onigashima??” *cowers in fear on the ship*

I think Oda can start off by selecting his editors a bit more carefully.
Don't off panel hyped fights only to give us the result via newspaper or text. The rumble in Mary Geoise is one of the biggest offenders along with the pillage of Baltigo. Show us the fights!

I'm all for extending the arcs as long as there are no allocations being involved. What I mean is that if Wano is being extended, then I don't want future arcs to be shortened.
In my opinion, the more chapters the arc contains, the more information we have. More nformation is better.

I like the overall feel of pre-ts days. The aesthetics, designs, whatever all exude some kind of uniqueness or innocence that most stories don't have. Now, everything just feels a bit more clutter and noisier if that makes any sense.

Characters need to be more fleshed out with more signature move sets. How many times are we going to see characters just swinging their swords or weapons and then calling it a day? Show more named moves.

Continue with the databooks. We need more information regarding current characters because we don't know jack shit about them. Trivial facts like age, height, hobbies, suffice.

Last edited:
Gin appeared in Whole Cake.

Instead of saving her, Tama was ultimately taken to the brothel only for Denjiro to use her powers in advance and put her dango in the feast for the festival so the gifters would be on our side when the battle starts.

Pound stayed dead.

Zoro and Sanji shared Luffy's pain in Thriller Bark.

In Udon, Luffy and Kid would have fought (forced by the enemy) and become stronger by doing so.

More amputated limbs in Dressrosa, Oda was free to go wild having Leo and Mansherry there.

Make the Shs more relevant to the story than being background characters. And please just stop Ussop's chicken gag or at least decrease it. I was really irritated with this in Dressrosa I mean he had some awesome brave moments pre-ts, now it's just too much. Also every sh need to be pushed beyond their limit in a fight, I mean it's a future pirate King's crew, I can't actually see how they can compete against BB/Marine aside of LZSJ

Usopp in Syrup Village, having seen nothing of the world or faced any difficult opponents - “I want to be a brave warrior of the sea!”

Usopp, more than two years after leaving his village, visiting fantastical islands and defeating several powerful villains by himself - “Oh shit, is that fodder in front of Onigashima??” *cowers in fear on the ship*
Dressrossa Ussop was super irritating and it wasn't funny at all.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Make the Shs more relevant to the story than being background characters. And please just stop Ussop's chicken gag or at least decrease it. I was really irritated with this in Dressrosa I mean he had some awesome brave moments pre-ts, now it's just too much. Also every sh need to be pushed beyond their limit in a fight, I mean it's a future pirate King's crew, I can't actually see how they can compete against BB/Marine aside of LZSJ

Dressrossa Ussop was super irritating and it wasn't funny at all.
You mean the same Usopp who fell ass backwards into the protection of so many mighty gladiators/pirates, and also saved literally everyone by using his cunning and playing to his strengths by scaring Sugar half to death?? For fuck’s sake, this guy prevented Luffy and Law from disappearing from the world!! Have some God damn confidence in yourself, bro!! The Beast Pirate foot soldiers shouldn’t be that scary!!! :usoprice:

You mean the same Usopp who fell ass backwards into the protection of so many mighty gladiators/pirates, and also saved literally everyone by using his cunning and playing to his strengths by scaring Sugar half to death?? For fuck’s sake, this guy prevented Luffy and Law from disappearing from the world!! Have some God damn confidence in yourself, bro!! The Beast Pirate foot soldiers shouldn’t be that scary!!! :usoprice:
He can litterally do better than just having a luck that sugar fainted bcs of seeing his face. Him unlocking Coo at the end was a redemption and a great feat no doubt about that.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oda is just overdoing this really. I mean I love ussop so much, Oda needs to give him better portrayal as he seems to be more of a chicken now than pre-ts which should be the contrary in my opinion.
Right?? I understand he wants Usopp to remain the weakest member of the crew to keep up some sense of verisimilitude, but he can still be the biggest pussy in the SHP *AND* be more capable than most other snipers in the world. If you don’t wanna overpower him, MAKE THE OTHER STRAW HATS STRONGER LIKE THEY NEED TO BE ANYWAY :crocusuh:

Right?? I understand he wants Usopp to remain the weakest member of the crew to keep up some sense of verisimilitude, but he can still be the biggest pussy in the SHP *AND* be more capable than most other snipers in the world. If you don’t wanna overpower him, MAKE THE OTHER STRAW HATS STRONGER LIKE THEY NEED TO BE ANYWAY :crocusuh:
As I stated above, Oda needs to make the Shs more relevant. But I feel really bad for what he is doing to Ussop (and also Robin).
Like pre-ts Ussop went 1 v 1 against luffy, shot the damn wg's flag, and even taunt Rob Lucci just to buy some time for luffy and bring his spirit back and a lot more.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oda just doesn't like Marksmen, he probably views it as less chivalrous than being a Swordman, even though irl Bullets made swords useless
That’s fine if it’s true; I didn’t make Oda create a sniper as one of his main protagonists, so even though he clearly has an affinity for swordbois, he has an obligation to do his sharpshooter justice after 23 years.