Marvel Cinematic Universe

Favorite MCU character?

• Total voters
Forced romance, Thor being over the top and not in a good way. The plot was okay-ish, but really,
I think the entire early sequence with Odin and taking his powers away was really good. I agree about romance bit though, wasn't that much of a fan of Jane bits, but Thor's unintentional ignorance and plot was pretty good. Loki was gr8 too.
Thor was my least fav Avenger for a reason. But Ragnarok was great.
I think a lot of people were indifferent to or even disliked Thor for a good while. Ragnarok -> Infinity War is probably what made him fan favorite. Ragnarok setting him up as essentially the MC of Infinity War, where he was probably at his peak and best.

I think the entire early sequence with Odin and taking his powers away was really good. I agree about romance bit though, wasn't that much of a fan of Jane bits, but Thor's unintentional ignorance and plot was pretty good. Loki was gr8 too.

I think a lot of people were indifferent to or even disliked Thor for a good while. Ragnarok -> Infinity War is probably what made him fan favorite. Ragnarok setting him up as essentially the MC of Infinity War, where he was probably at his peak and best.

At this point I'm convinced prof Jane Foster is cursing Thor movies with her presence, since all movies with her and Thor are worse than ones without her and with Thor.

Agree on Loki being a good villain, and the storyline with Odin stripping Thor's powers is fine, albeit a little cliche. I mostly had beef with the romance storyline, heck, Padme x Anakin was more believable if anything.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 was a great surprise, the perfect movie to conclude the trilogy and James Gunn's run with the MCU, and I found it much better than Endgame and everything else that has come from the studio since.

Sadly it may be the only thing left that kept me interested in the MCU so far.
GOTG 3 is probably going to be the only good movie of Phase 5 tbh. The MCU needs to be put on ice for a while, people are just tired of superhero movies