Marvel Cinematic Universe

Favorite MCU character?

• Total voters
G

Gorosei Informer

I loved this movie so much.

I had high expectations going in, and I wasn't disappointed at all.

GoG is best trilogy of MCU tbh
Could not agree any more than this! Way better than I expected and hoped for! Seemed shaky at first for me and I hated that organic planet BUT my god it built up to an amazing finale and was way better than I hoped and feared too!

Could not ask for a more satisfying conclusion to the GOTG films and characters, if it's really over too.

I am really shocked to see people complain about "phase 4" being shit.
Reminds me of people saying "season 8 of GoT is shit", when it was in a decline since season 4.

The whole MCU is a complete and utter cash grab, with incredibly shallow and mono dimensional characters. Tell me ONE thing that actually distinguishes these chracter in their behaviour. They are ALL good guys with good intentions and somewhat funny. They have no moral dilemmas, no doubts (except spiderman who had the same doubts for 3 movies, wow character development!) and serve only one purpose, to move the "plot" forward.

There have been possibly 5 good movies out of the MCU: Avenger 1, Iron Man and maybe GOTG.
The rest, is completely interchangable shite. It's like saying that a big mac is different from a chicken burger from McDonalds. They look different, they taste slightly different but they are the same pre packaged shit.
The problem you guys have is that the first phases at least had some good actors, now even those are gone.

They have no moral dilemmas, no doubts
Tony and Thor had quite a lot of doubts. Thor specifically was full of doubts in his worthiness and powers both in his first and 3rd movie, as well as End Game where he went pure depressed. Thanos, too, had good bit of moral dilemma when he had to kill a daughter he loved for the sake of his goals.

There have been possibly 5 good movies out of the MCU: Avenger 1, Iron Man and maybe GOTG.
Ain't no way Avengers 1 stands above Infinity War lol.

Tony and Thor had quite a lot of doubts. Thor specifically was full of doubts in his worthiness and powers both in his first and 3rd movie, as well as End Game where he went pure depressed. Thanos, too, had good bit of moral dilemma when he had to kill a daughter he loved for the sake of his goals.
Nice, 3 characters, out of what, 30 movies and a hundred characters?

The "ptsd" of Tony Stark was a joke, lasted half of a super shitty movie. His moral change is literally "I was bad but now I am good", and it is done in the first 30 minutes of hte first movie.
Thor 3 is a pure comedy with barely any plot, it is actually very similar to the plot of Iron Man 3 for what happens.

Ain't no way Avengers 1 stands above Infinity War lol.
Avengers 1 was, compared to Infinity war, a cohesive and coherent story which was also original, tying up movies in a cool way.
Infinity war is a stretch of a movie with cool bits, but except for a cool main villan with a stupid dream, which butchers the original Marvel character giving him a plan that doesn't make any sense and making no sense of the actions of the past, like why Thanos is sending minions to fail again and again intead of low diffing the universe.

Nice, 3 characters, out of what, 30 movies and a hundred characters?
Hey, you implied there are none.

I can think of some others, uhh... Hulk is living embodiment of self doubt and moral dilemma, although his story kind of drifted since Ragnarok.

Peter Quill is one of the better characters as far as self doubts and hiding behind a facade is concerned. Rocket, too. Guardians cast in itself is very good imo

Thor 3 is a pure comedy with barely any plot, it is actually very similar to the plot of Iron Man 3 for what happens.
Gotta disagree with this. Dude loses his father straight off, loses his hammer (which he considered source of his power), loses easily to his evil sister and is plunged into some space dimension while his home is ravaged by the aforementioned sister.

Defeated, lost, and just full of doubt. He slowly learns that it's not the hammer which gives him power, but he's the source of his own might. Finds his true self, and the entire scene with Odin in his "dream" is also very nice. The power-up sequence in Ragnarok was cherry on top.

And even then, he has to make hard decision of watching Asgard fall and escape with survivors. Becoming true King and heir to Odin at the end, finally coming full circle from the very first scene of the movie as he takes the throne.

Ragnarok was awesome underneath all that comedy. But Ragnarok was not the full story- it was supposed to set Thor up as the main character of Infinity War. When you watch both back to back, it's the best succession in all of MCU imo.

Avengers 1 was, compared to Infinity war, a cohesive and coherent story which was also original, tying up movies in a cool way.
Infinity war is a stretch of a movie with cool bits, but except for a cool main villan with a stupid dream, which butchers the original Marvel character giving him a plan that doesn't make any sense and making no sense of the actions of the past, like why Thanos is sending minions to fail again and again intead of low diffing the universe.
Thanos can't low-diff the universe. He didn't even have any stones outside of one lol. And he still had to wait for a lot of things to happen; for instance, Odin's fall.

I disagree that Infinity War doesn't tie up prior movies though. Ragnarok leading into Infinity War is one of the best two movie chain. It also ties up Civil War and finally brings all the Avengers back together. And Wakanda being the main fight zone is also a nod to Black Panther.

Both Guardians of Galaxy 1 and Guardians of Galaxy 2 were irrelevant to MCU timeline, until Infinity War came and tied them up in a big way.

Thor 2, Dr. Strange, Age of Ultron, etc, all introduced one Infinity Stone at a time and led to Infinity War, too.

IW was the entire lead-up of Cour 2 and Cour 3. Every single movie led up to it in some way (other than maybe Ant Man)

Guardian was the first Marvel movies I have been seen in theatre for years, and it was quite good. Not like the first, but still really okay.

Miles ahead of Strange multiverses and Love and thunder crap
Love and Thunder was the worst pile of crap I've ever seen lol. That and She Hulk killed any interest I had in seeing Wakanda Forever and Quantumania. The only thing I liked about it was Thor becoming the adoptive father of Gorr's daughter.

GOTG 3 was amazing. Us Rocket Raccoon fans were eating good during the movie.

Truly.

Quantumania is the worst Marvel ideas put into one movie ever.
I wish we could get a villain as good as the High Evolutionary as the new "main villain" instead of Lang the Lonqueror
Post automatically merged:

Guardian was the first Marvel movies I have been seen in theatre for years, and it was quite good. Not like the first, but still really okay.

Miles ahead of Strange multiverses and Love and thunder crap
I love the slander nicknames for Love and Thunder and Mulitiverse of Madness

Love and Blunder
Multiverse of Midness
:suresure:

Last edited:
MCU as a whole is a lot of hit-and-miss for me, but Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3 is very good, easily the best MCU movie since the Infinity War + Endgame for me (yeah, I'm not that much of a fan of Spider-Man, although Miles Morales and his multiverse friends are freaking AMAZING, can't wait to see the second movie).

Do you guys prefer Dark World over L&T?
To me, all Thor movies except for Ragnarok are shit tbh.
Out of MCU, I liked the most the first two Iron Man movies, Guardians 1st and 3rd (2nd was a bit meh to me), 1st Avengers were good, Captain America and Winter Soldier were good, IW+Endgame were a satisfying end to the saga.
The rest are either ok passable or Thor-level shit :moonwalk: