MHA Spoilers 343

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Literally, ReDestro has an ideology, has an Illuminati group, intends to subvert the public to take over and reshape japan

Meanwhile AFO just wants to make money and exert soft power on the world after 200+ years of being alive and scheming :milaugh:

Not sure if this is meta of Hori since AFO lacks any ideology at all and that's what Deku told Shiggy to get way back in the early days or not. But damn is AFO just a pale imitation of ReDestro

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Literally, ReDestro has an ideology, has an Illuminati group, intends to subvert the public to take over and reshape japan

Meanwhile AFO just wants to make money and exert soft power on the world after 200+ years of being alive and scheming :milaugh:

Not sure if this is meta of Hori since AFO lacks any ideology at all and that's what Deku told Shiggy to get way back in the early days or not. But damn is AFO just a pale imitation of ReDestro
With his Quirks and power AFO could have had the biggest company in the world right now or be president

AFO dream job

Post automatically merged:

And WTF with this pace seriously ?

We are already at the finale stage ?

Hori really wants to finish MHA ASAP

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Stain: Slay false heroes and remove the greedy impetus that plagues current Hero Driven Society (Villains bad too)

Overhaul: Make use of Anti-Quirk bullets and then the cures for those bullets to rule the underworld as violence intensifies in a Post Allmight World (secret goal to get rid of quirks forever?)

ReDestro: Remove the limitations on the individual and take self freedoms to their absolute via a shadow council of influential business, political and entertainment moguls. Make any sacrifice, no matter how personal, to see a world where anyone can express themselves.

All For One: Disrupt Japan's society in a long term ploy to destabilize the world and make them desperate for resources he can provide for major $$$ and soft power.

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

Overhaul's would fuck up society, driven by his own twisted notions of quirks, society and the fall of the Yakuza who he is indebted to.
ReDestro's would be chaotic and impossible to control but comes from an earnest desire to see everyone able to use their gifts without being threatened or penalized for it.

AFO's just empty. If he said rule the world, that'd of been generic but at least more direct for all his sneaking around.

Yeah I don’t understand at all. Hori is jumping the gun so fast
This manga could have been really good but why everything is so rushed
Pre-War, MHA was amazing.

Todoroki Drama? A high point.
LoV? Amazingly characterized villains.
Hawks' subplot? Interesting, had plenty of growth potential

The only downside was the kids. MHA could've been great but now it's breakneck paced and lacking any creativity or charm.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Stain: Slay false heroes and remove the greedy impetus that plagues current Hero Driven Society (Villains bad too)

Overhaul: Make use of Anti-Quirk bullets and then the cures for those bullets to rule the underworld as violence intensifies in a Post Allmight World (secret goal to get rid of quirks forever?)

ReDestro: Remove the limitations on the individual and take self freedoms to their absolute via a shadow council of influential business, political and entertainment moguls. Make any sacrifice, no matter how personal, to see a world where anyone can express themselves.

All For One: Disrupt Japan's society in a long term ploy to destabilize the world and make them desperate for resources he can provide for major $$$ and soft power.

:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

Overhaul's would fuck up society, driven by his own twisted notions of quirks, society and the fall of the Yakuza who he is indebted to.
ReDestro's would be chaotic and impossible to control but comes from an earnest desire to see everyone able to use their gifts without being threatened or penalized for it.

AFO's just empty. If he said rule the world, that'd of been generic but at least more direct for all his sneaking around.

The only downside was the kids. MHA could've been great but now it's breakneck paced and lacking any creativity or charm.
Even the war wasn’t that bad. There were good moments.
- the lab fight with Mirko
- Dabi reveal
- Gigantomachia destroying the world
- Endeavor roasting Shiggy
- Twice vs Hawks and Twice dying
- Midnight dying

There were bad points too but manageable.

But after that Hori became nuts with his manga.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
- Dabi reveal
- Midnight dying

The war was a bad point for the series IMO. Hori revealed everything far too quickly there. And it kept coming. So Dabi got revealed, but nothing stuck because that was about the 50th reveal by that point. Mr. Compress getting his identity spoken about meant nothing either. The pace was too quick after Twice died.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The war was a bad point for the series IMO. Hori revealed everything far too quickly there. And it kept coming. So Dabi got revealed, but nothing stuck because that was about the 50th reveal by that point. Mr. Compress getting his identity spoken about meant nothing either. The pace was too quick after Twice died.
Compress reveal felt flat af. 0 emotions or stakes from it.

Destro being beaten off screen wasn’t my cup of tea. Same for Mirio bland boy return who added nothing to the story/war.

Toga vs Ochacco was big lol too.

the war wasn’t perfect and was dragged too much but it was still enjoyable

I liked the kids. They were good in lighter hearted moments and had solid dynamics...Its just that he half assed actually fleshing them out. Early on, a lot of the students like Momo, Iida, Jiro and Kirishima were really solid and given fufilling character arcs. Some characters were given characters moments like Mineta, very early on in the series, but never got anything beyond that. Which is sort of my problem. A lot of the students have gotten stuff but haven't been an active presence to make those moments memorable and largely don't feel like they exist as characters outside these moments. Like, when was the last time that we actually focused on someone like Kirishima or Momo or Kaminari for anything more than a few one off panels? It just feels like Hori focused on the plot and didn't bother to actually flesh out characters he easily could(and this is true for literally all of them).

If Hori had been more methodical with actually giving each student something to do(and not made half of them pretty much red shirts), then I think their conversations with Deku would have had a lot more impact. Like seriously, who the fuck cares what Koda and Sato think? Or Ojiro or Sero. Those guys have barely done anything ever. They've just sort of been around.

Also, I still really care for the LOV. Yes, they are characterized decently well, but they just aren't great antagonists, and Hori had to stretch the imaginations of bullshit in order to make them a legitimate threat. For the most part, the league isn't very threatening, with only a few members actually worth a damn(also, I don't think Spinner and Shigaraki's relationship was well fleshed out).

Remember when All Might was said to have virtually eliminated nearly all organized crime in Japan, leaving only a few stragglers which were barely getting by like Overhaul's gang?

Seems he missed the organisation with ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MEMBERS that was on par in power with hero society. If thats not jumping the shark, I'm not sure what is.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Compress reveal felt flat af. 0 emotions or stakes from it.

Destro being beaten off screen wasn’t my cup of tea. Same for Mirio bland boy return who added nothing to the story/war.

Toga vs Ochacco was big lol too.

the war wasn’t perfect and was dragged too much but it was still enjoyable
I can't say I enjoyed it much honestly. Apart from Lady Nagant and Overhaul returning, I haven't enjoyed MHA much since the later parts of the War Arc

Has Overhaul done anything since being reintroduced?

- Dabi reveal
- Midnight dying

The war is my favourite MHA arc by a decent margin, even though its pacing became slow in the last few chapters.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I mean, we already knew this was happening last chapter.

Last chapter literally said "yep, WAR IS BEGINNING NEXT WEEK" in big bold letters on that final page.
There is : the war begins next week : some chapters to build up the tension more, maybe one or two chapters dedicated to the plan etc

Here we have : the real fights begins now without any breaks.

honestly the 10 last chapters where a wild ride. Ever since the end of the paranormal war everything was on a roll.
It’s impossible to go that fast when telling a story. You can’t fell anything. You can feel hype at all.

I can't say I enjoyed it much honestly. Apart from Lady Nagant and Overhaul returning, I haven't enjoyed MHA much since the later parts of the War Arc

Has Overhaul done anything since being reintroduced?
Lol no he did nothing at all. Overhaul was reintroduced for nothing for now.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I liked the kids. They were good in lighter hearted moments and had solid dynamics...Its just that he half assed actually fleshing them out. Early on, a lot of the students like Momo, Iida, Jiro and Kirishima were really solid and given fufilling character arcs. Some characters were given characters moments like Mineta, very early on in the series, but never got anything beyond that. Which is sort of my problem. A lot of the students have gotten stuff but haven't been an active presence to make those moments memorable and largely don't feel like they exist as characters outside these moments. Like, when was the last time that we actually focused on someone like Kirishima or Momo or Kaminari for anything more than a few one off panels? It just feels like Hori focused on the plot and didn't bother to actually flesh out characters he easily could(and this is true for literally all of them).
Apart from the evolution of Bakugo and Deku's friendship, which was a nice subversion of what I think everyone expected that relationship to be, I find most of Hori's student aimed arcs to be generic or uninspiring. Early on it feels a lot like reading Naruto or any other older shonen, so I'm not endeared to the kids at all. To me, every time the series focuses on them, it gets worse.
If Hori had been more methodical with actually giving each student something to do(and not made half of them pretty much red shirts), then I think their conversations with Deku would have had a lot more impact. Like seriously, who the fuck cares what Koda and Sato think? Or Ojiro or Sero. Those guys have barely done anything ever. They've just sort of been around.
Sure sure, though I think Hori just writes the adults better too. Endeavor whenever he leads a chapter is always much more interesting than any kid focused chapter for the heroes side.
Also, I still really care for the LOV. Yes, they are characterized decently well, but they just aren't great antagonists, and Hori had to stretch the imaginations of bullshit in order to make them a legitimate threat. For the most part, the league isn't very threatening, with only a few members actually worth a damn(also, I don't think Spinner and Shigaraki's relationship was well fleshed out).
They were jobbers. Even the second strongest Pre Sad Man parade, Dabi, was pretty underwhelming. He did nothing but lose. So I get ya there, Hori really should've had their quirks evolve to some A villain threat level or something after My Villain Academia, since that's the arc where they come into their own.

Remember when All Might was said to have virtually eliminated nearly all organized crime in Japan, leaving only a few stragglers which were barely getting by like Overhaul's gang?

Seems he missed the organisation with ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND MEMBERS that was on par in power with hero society. If thats not jumping the shark, I'm not sure what is.
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:

That's hilarious. Even if we wanna credit just how smart / capable the MLA were, missing 100k of revolutionaries is so unimaginable lmfao. The only way to salvage that is if they grew to those numbers after Allmight cleaned up most organized crime

Lol no he did nothing at all. Overhaul was reintroduced for nothing for now.
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::josad:

ReDestro? Lady Nagant?

Did they ever do anything else?

There is : the war begins next week : some chapters to build up the tension more, maybe one or two chapters dedicated to the plan etc

Here we have : the real fights begins now without any breaks.

honestly the 10 last chapters where a wild ride. Ever since the end of the paranormal war everything was on a roll.
It’s impossible to go that fast when telling a story. You can’t fell anything. You can feel hype at all.
They were never planning to tell us the plan. That much was obvious from the amount we changed to montage as soon as the plan was brought up. The plan was always going to be revealed mid battle.