Character Discussion Mihawk wanted to be the Pirate King but gave up on his dream

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
If you actually look at the original page, Doflamingo and Buggy are cropped out, no reason Mihawk wouldn't be cropped out as well if it was really just about Crocodile.
They can't insert the whole thing as they need to include data on the sides. They crop the relevant pictures and sometimes keep the adjacent panels intact to avoid getting weird-shaped panels. That's how Robin appears in the panel beneath:

Again, if Mihawk has such an aim, why didn't they include it in his own data? Irrc, it's in this book we got to learn about Mihawk's proper name.

I mean, is it really headcanon when Buggy pretty much looked at Mihawk and Croc and said "Hey remember when you guys wanted to be pirate king?"
He just asked them what they wanted to be when they were younger. Nothing implies that Mihawk was chasing the PK title in his youth. His only goal from what we know was becoming the WSS and that's it. He has no crew no flag and it's stated in his VC he went around challenging swordsman making a name for himself. No information about him alludes to PK ambitions

They can't insert the whole thing as they need to include data on the sides. They crop the relevant pictures and sometimes keep the adjacent panels intact to avoid getting weird-shaped panels. That's how Robin appears in the panel beneath:

Again, if Mihawk has such an aim, why didn't they include it in his own data? Irrc, it's in this book we got to learn about Mihawk's proper name.
They could just scale it down if they needed to fit the entire thing there lol, but no, supposedly they decided to crop out Buggy and Doflamingo but keep three guys including Mihawk, two of which we know for an absolute fact completely desired to be PK but had that dream crushed lol but Mihawk apparently didn't.

And that "weird-shaped panel" cope is just weak, it took me 30 seconds to do this lmao, someone professional who is paid could make it look much better, appearance isn't an excuse.

If Mihawk wasn't suppose to be there they could have very easily removed him, but they didn't, instead they decided to keep him alongside Moria and Crocodile, two guys who dream of PK.

He just asked them what they wanted to be when they were younger. Nothing implies that Mihawk was chasing the PK title in his youth. His only goal from what we know was becoming the WSS and that's it. He has no crew no flag and it's stated in his VC he went around challenging swordsman making a name for himself. No information about him alludes to PK ambitions
But Mihawk and Crocodile are both addressed in that question. And we know that Crocodile did want to be the Pirate King

The way it's framed in my opinion implies that Mihawk had the same ambition

Goat's theory.

Mihawk used to have a friend/rival who wants to become PK. Could be a guy or girl. Then they betrayed Mihawk hence Mihawk's distrust for others. They could have a crew back in the day but the crew got killed or disband.

Mihawk realizes that his charisma and influence wasn't enough to become PK so he settles for WSS title which is where he met Shanks.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
They could just scale it down if they needed to fit the entire thing there lol, but no, supposedly they decided to crop out Buggy and Doflamingo but keep three guys including Mihawk, two of which we know for an absolute fact completely desired to be PK but had that dream crushed lol but Mihawk apparently didn't.

And that "weird-shaped panel" cope is just weak, it took me 30 seconds to do this lmao, someone professional who is paid could make it look much better, appearance isn't an excuse.

If Mihawk wasn't suppose to be there they could have very easily removed him, but they didn't, instead they decided to keep him alongside Moria and Crocodile, two guys who dream of PK.
Well, I am afraid they're not technologically advanced enough to shrink images. That's why every single image they use is a cropped version of the original. I doubt they'd go out of their way to shrink images just to include Doffy and Buggy. Once again, if he has such an ambition, why's that no included in his own data?