Character Discussion Mihawk wanted to be the Pirate King but gave up on his dream

But Mihawk and Crocodile are both addressed in that question. And we know that Crocodile did want to be the Pirate King

The way it's framed in my opinion implies that Mihawk had the same ambition
You can look at it that way but at best it's just an assumption. Mihawk's past is shrouded in mystery and he was implied to be betrayed in the past so I can see why you'd think this way tbh. However as it stands it's simply headcanon and from what we know he only cared about swordsmanship

Well, I am afraid they're not technologically advanced enough to shrink images. That's why every single image they use is a cropped version of the original. I doubt they'd go out of their way to shrink images just to include Doffy and Buggy. Once again, if he has such an ambition, why's that no included in his own data?
It's further implied in this chapter by what Buggy says tbh, he's clearly indicating that Crocodile and Mihawk once desired to be PK which is the point of this thread.

Gol D. Roger

ΘΆΙ¦Ι› Φ„Ι¨Κ€ΗŸΘΆΙ› Σ„Ι¨ΥΌΙ’
β€Ž
It's further implied in this chapter by what Buggy says tbh, he's clearly indicating that Crocodile and Mihawk once desired to be PK which is the point of this thread.
He's talking about his own childhood dreams. It's like you asking your friends about their dreams before you go on to explain yours. He's trying to get them to connect with him emotionally by bringing up their own childhood dreams. That's an usual tactic people use to persuade others. The only person in that room who shared a similar dream is, perhaps, Crocodile.

Mihawk's gonna enter the throne wars one way or another, and he along with Crocodile will make Buggy a primary PK candidate. Given how well this gag is going, Buggy may actually end up being ahead of Blackbeard, and it'll happen via Mihawk and Crocodile.

If Mihawk's actually interested in being PK, then it creates a direct conflict b/w Luffy's and Zoro's dreams as that makes Mihawk a direct opponent to Luffy as he's the main guy from their crew and he aims to take Luffy's head. To avoid that, Oda needs to make Mihawk neutral while still involving him in the throne wars, and that'll only happen if Mihawk has no interested in being the PK.

If Mihawk's actually interested in being PK, then it creates a direct conflict b/w Luffy's and Zoro's dreams as that makes Mihawk a direct opponent to Luffy as he's the main guy from their crew and he aims to take Luffy's head. To avoid that, Oda needs to make Mihawk neutral while still involving him in the throne wars, and that'll only happen if Mihawk has no interested in being the PK.
He's going to end up going after it either way
Either
  • He stays with cross guild and they all go for the one piece
  • He leave and hopefully hides in another castle idk

He's talking about his own childhood dreams. It's like you asking your friends about their dreams before you go on to explain yours. He's trying to get them to connect with him emotionally by bringing up their own childhood dreams. That's an usual tactic people use to persuade others. The only person in that room who shared a similar dream is, perhaps, Crocodile.

Mihawk's gonna enter the throne wars one way or another, and he along with Crocodile will make Buggy a primary PK candidate. Given how well this gag is going, Buggy may actually end up being ahead of Blackbeard, and it'll happen via Mihawk and Crocodile.

He was interested and failed

That's the theme of OG warlords ; Bronze medalists who couldn't become Great Pirates , let alone pK.

I doubt Mihawk ever wanted to be PK, his dream was WSS. He actively avoided becoming a yonko.

It's the equivalent of in my country the CEO of the national state owned Post Company earning 6x as much as the Prime Minister without the hassle. The Prime Minister needs guards wherever he goes, nobody even knows the CEOs name or face. Mihawk wants the perks but not the hassle.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Mihawk had a secondary goal as well that he gave up on or lost. Perhaps travel freely and drink red wine without hassle was his secondary dream, something he had as a Shichibukai but is gone now unless he fights for it?

And even after buggy ask what they wanted to be when they started out as young pirates they are confused which implies their answer isn’t to become the pk . They then ask buggy what he wanted because they have no idea. One clearly ventured out to see to pursue the best sword fighter available , the other is closer to a mafia boss than a β€˜pirate’ . They clearly have no interest in the one piece it’s buggy’s goal.
Post automatically merged:

You're not missing anything. Other people are missing more than just "something" though, I'd argue a few chromosomes are on the loose :specialmeh:
Sigh