Powers & Abilities Mind blowing theory about Luffy's Devil Fruit.

So I was scrolling through Youtube, when the description of a video caught my attention. I'm normally not one to subscribe to Youtuber theories, but I figured I'd click it and give it a chance. Right off the bat, I noticed that the theory is done from someone in Japan, and the majority of the structure of this theory is actually based behind goroawase. After realizing that, I buckled down and decided to watch the whole thing to see where it leads, and I'll tell you, I was not disappointed. In fact it was mind blowing at just how much Oda uses goroawase when it comes to the series. Like way more than those of us not native to Japan realize. Now just to be forewarned, the language is in Japanese, with English subtitles. Anyway, if you want to give it a watch, I don't think you'll be disappointed. All I have to say, is "2,9" = fucking mind blown.

So I was scrolling through Youtube, when the description of a video caught my attention. I'm normally not one to subscribe to Youtuber theories, but I figured I'd click it and give it a chance. Right off the bat, I noticed that the theory is done from someone in Japan, and the majority of the structure of this theory is actually based behind goroawase. After realizing that, I buckled down and decided to watch the whole thing to see where it leads, and I'll tell you, I was not disappointed. In fact it was mind blowing at just how much Oda uses goroawase when it comes to the series. Like way more than those of us not native to Japan realize. Now just to be forewarned, the language is in Japanese, with English subtitles. Anyway, if you want to give it a watch, I don't think you'll be disappointed. All I have to say, is "2,9" = fucking mind blown.

English when?

So Luffy's fruit could be the Nika Nika no Mi, but it describes oil/ignition? This can work, because for example, Kuma's fruit doesn't even describe Kuma's powers, it just describes the paws on his hands.

I've always found Luffy's flame attacks extremely random and weird. They didn't really make sense to me tbh. At least Sanji's "seems" to be something genetic and explained by friction.

However, Id still be confused as to how 1037 was referencing Luffy. Maybe it's a prophecy for Zunisha to return to Wano when Sun God Nika arrives?

Luffy being oil would be pretty sick though, but does that mean he's actually a logia when awakened?

Last edited:
So he is basically saying Luffy's awakening will be oil? I dont know how to feel about another fire based powerup.

Anyway, Sawyer also predicted that the awakening gorosei talking about is definitely related to gomu gomu no mi. His prediction is neat as well, check it out =>
I think it'd be more than just fire, there's a slew of oil properties Oda could go after if that's where he's heading with Luffy's awakening.

Plus, man made rubber is made from petroleum lol. I'm just curious how Oda can explain this well enough. I'm imagining some crazy shit that Luffy could do to the environment though.

As to why the WG would be so scared of the DF, that's definitely weird too, unless his awakening really is broken

If its Nika i hope its not gonna happen, since im one of those who would dislike it if Luffy's fruit is a chosen fruit which is the strongest object ever surpassing even Ancient Weapon etc...i'd watch the video first maybe later after work
I don't think it implies its stronger than an ancient weapon. However, it does kind of match what WsW was asking Jinbe: Is Sun God Nika their savior? They are the "Sun" Pirates for a reason. It's not that Luffy is the Sun God, it's that his devil fruit is.

You'd have to also wonder why Shanks would randomly raid a WG ship for a Devil fruit like that. Unless he knows what it does. Why would WsW also get imprisoned for it when working for Cipher Pol? Seems pretty extreme to me.

Anyway, we'll see I guess. I've just found it fascinating that Luffy could always ignite his fits that way.

I don't believe Luffy's red hawk has anything hidden behind it. When Oda answered the question of why Sanji can use flames and not be burned by it, he simply said "Sanji's soul burns hotter than fire". I mean, we've even seen people like Doflamingo use flame attacks so again I don't think there is some big mystery behind this phenomenon, just that characters are able to achieve these abilities based off of their willpower.

You know there is a theory section here right?

And those theory based on goroawase are pure bullshit. Ohara made a video not long ago about the "best" japanese youtuber that made a lot of theories based on goroawase. And we can already notice how they don't workout and he said.

To sum up, this kind of theories are useless.

This is crazy.If this turns out true,this japanese guy is a genius.It makes all sense for Luffy's DF be the one the Gorosei are talking about,Oda made WhosWho talk about the gomu gomu no mi for a reason.

So Luffy's fruit could be the Nika Nika no Mi, but it describes oil/ignition? This can work, because for example, Kuma's fruit doesn't even describe Kuma's powers, it just describes the paws on his hands.

I've always found Luffy's flame attacks extremely random and weird. They didn't really make sense to me tbh. At least Sanji's "seems" to be something genetic and explained by friction.

However, Id still be confused as to how 1037 was referencing Luffy. Maybe it's a prophecy for Zunisha to return to Wano when Sun God Nika arrives?

Luffy being oil would be pretty sick though, but does that mean he's actually a logia when awakened?
How does it not make sense when rayleigh explained vulcanization? Do you know what vulcanization is? vulcanization, chemical process by which the physical properties of natural or synthetic rubber are improved; finished rubber has higher tensile strength and resistance to swelling and abrasion, and is elastic over a greater range of temperatures. This simultaneously explains how he is able to produce heat/fire and why his rubber properties while vulcanized resistant it

How does it not make sense when rayleigh explained vulcanization? Do you know what vulcanization is? vulcanization, chemical process by which the physical properties of natural or synthetic rubber are improved; finished rubber has higher tensile strength and resistance to swelling and abrasion, and is elastic over a greater range of temperatures. This simultaneously explains how he is able to produce heat/fire and why his rubber properties while vulcanized resistant it
Can you reference what you are talking about? I do not recall Rayleigh talking about Vulcanization.

I recall vulcanization was a very short lived theory about Luffy's CoA until we saw others do it. Vulcanization also doesn't set rubber on fire.