Miura gave everything and then some, it's really sad

This is sad, I hope all the mangaka will be well, and rest well.

• Yes!

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • People think that common sense does not apply to mangaka.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
“I had a high fever of 40 degrees Celcius. Thinking about it, I only had 2 days of rest this year ”(1993)
“I lost 5 kilos without doing anything. I wonder why? ”(1993)

“In the past 2 months, my average sleep time has been less than 4 hours. Soon I will be Mr. Satonaka. ” (reference to something, I don't know) (1993)
“Since I moved, my average sleep time is less than 4 hours. I'm going to gammu ”(1994)

“I took a day off for the first time in a month and a half, and when I left, I had heat stroke” (1995)
“I went to Okinawa on my first big holiday as a mangaka, and I spent two and a half days out of the 4 days off, suffering from heat stroke” (1998)
“My first big break as a mangaka was in Okinawa” (2002)

“My days off are half a day every 2 months. I haven't had 2 consecutive days off in 4 years. I'm getting tired of it. ”(2004)
“I had a breakdown from overwork. I lost Gwynn’s hundred great books (I don’t know what that is). Ugh! ” (2005)
“For the first time in my life, I caught a cold twice in the same month” (2007)

“I will be 27 in July. Looking back, 27 years full of drawings, is that what you want? (1993) "
“It's the same thing every year, but I'm working on Christmas and New Year. I want to eat Osechi from time to time. (1994) "
“I had a day off for the first time in a month and a half, and when I left, I had a heat stroke! (1995) "

“After a movie, I always go to Loiho near the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building for a review meeting with friends and stay there until the first train leaves. (1996) “ “I bought some clothes and shoes for the new year party. I only have two pairs of sneakers. (1996) “

“I'm going to be 30 in July and, looking back, I've been drawing manga like Kintaro sweets. (1996) “

“In a month and a half, I was only able to go out for two hours to have dinner at Jonathan's house. A little inmate? (2001) "
“If I don't see people for a long time, my mouth doesn't work properly. (2002) “

“My thirties are almost over. My life is a mess, with nothing but manga. But I can't go back now, so I'm going to continue! I will stay indoors again this year. (2006) " “After all, I am not staying at home because I am alone. (2006) "

“I have been too busy to go out for a week, and chocolate has become a precious food for me. Thank you very much. (2006) “
“I drew soldiers all the time during my absence. (2007) "

“Two-thirds of my body is made up of calorie mates (some supplement maybe). Does this mean that 2/3 of Berserk is supplied by Otsuka Pharmaceutical? (2009) “
“I couldn't see the cherry blossoms with the naked eye, not even once this year (2011)”

Author of Berserk died 2 weeks ago. It was made public today.

As a side note. Be appreciative of Oda's breaks and ongoing tenacity to writing a 1000 chapters of manga at the level of art/story quality that we get. This forum makes its agenda way too much to shit on Oda for a plot decision or him taking a break.

People forget that manga can essentially be a lifetime work, and for Miura it was. For Oda, it's slowly becoming that.

In his final years, he was so much devoted to his work. He even had planned to write another manga after the completion of Berserk. He had added more assistants to his workstation to speed up the process. Unfortunately, fate had other plans set for him.
This should be the lesson to all those who complains on mangaka taking too much break. We should admire what we get.

Damn, it's really terrifying to read this now that we know he"s dead.
Oda can have a 1 month break if he wants.
Just don't think about stuff like this.

Oda has far higher enthusiasm (outwardly) about his manga than Miura ever did. Miura of course loved his work and devoted to finishing it, but he had a slew of other personal issues ranging from depression and loneliness that very clearly affected his progress Oda also is not plagued with health issues and still releases on a consistent schedule.

No point in being fearful of something that might never happen. Not saying you have to expect OP to finish with no complications, but just take every chapter as a token of appreciation. A lot of work goes into delivering it.

I feel once he finishes Wano it will be a massive accomplishment because not only does he end an arc that's probably 150+ chapters, he ends a 400+ chapter storyline, and that will always be permanent. Just wish the author good health. It's good that Oda still loves his work

B

Ballel

“My thirties are almost over. My life is a mess, with nothing but manga. But I can't go back now, so I'm going to continue! I will stay indoors again this year.
This is the saddest part 😭

In his final years, he was so much devoted to his work. He even had planned to write another manga after the completion of Berserk. He had added more assistants to his workstation to speed up the process. Unfortunately, fate had other plans set for him.
I think maybe, deep down he was tired of it and didn't want to live like this any longer.
It's good he can rest now.
At the end of the day, Berserk is just a comic. No one should throw their life away for a bunch of drawings.

The stories of real people matter more than those of fictional characters.

ALI!

Stand on the edge of your dream and fight
His death still saddens me to the date, and it's unfortunate what he has been through, to some degree, I can relate to what he was going through. His close friend, Mori Kouji wrote about how friendly and talkative person Miura was yet he never married or had any quality time with friends/family, lol you can hardly find any pictures of him.

he requested a biography of some sort to be written about the two of them, I feel like he wanted to live like the rest but never got the chance to have what he wanted.

To think that a 23 year old could come up with such an amazing story and such dark, deep hitting themes. Thank you for creating berserk. Rest in peace