MLB Discussion Thread

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Now that football is done, excited for the baseball coming back next month

@Jew D. Boy
Hell yeah!! Excited to see how the Padres and Mets perform, and I don’t know who to expect out of the AL other than the White Sox...should be an interesting race in nearly every division (the Cardinals might win the NL Central by 20 games after trading for Nolan Arenado) :shocking::steef::funky:

Hell yeah!! Excited to see how the Padres and Mets perform, and I don’t know who to expect out of the AL other than the White Sox...should be an interesting race in nearly every division (the Cardinals might win the NL Central by 20 games after trading for Nolan Arenado) :shocking::steef::funky:
I think the Braves are still contenders and perhaps the Blue Jays are in playoff contention.

Didn't really need him but let's gooooo!
*rolls eyes

I lowkey hate this guy,
In a get off my TV kind of way.
Because he is cringe and has an annoying persona.
"Me me me , pay attention to me."

I prefer guys like Kershaw...
Gets the job done in the field and is not trying to get into headlines by doing cringe stunts or saying stupid stuff in Twitter.

Meh,
Bauer pitches OK I guess...
Lets hope it wasnt a Mickey Mouse award he got...
Pitching against the worsts teams at the worst division in a short season.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
*rolls eyes

I lowkey hate this guy,
In a get off my TV kind of way.
Because he is cringe and has an annoying persona.
"Me me me , pay attention to me."

I prefer guys like Kershaw...
Gets the job done in the field and is not trying to get into headlines by doing cringe stunts or saying stupid stuff in Twitter.

Meh,
Bauer pitches OK I guess...
Lets hope it wasnt a Mickey Mouse award he got...
Pitching against the worsts teams at the worst division in a short season.
I have NEVER been a fan of Bauer’s personality or politics...he’s also too inconsistent on the mound and injury prone, but LA is never short on cash to wave around :luuh:

I have NEVER been a fan of Bauer’s personality or politics...he’s also too inconsistent on the mound and injury prone, but LA is never short on cash to wave around :luuh:
Not sure we ( LA ) needed a starter...
But San Diego picked 3 new ones so I guess we had to get something...
Not sure if David Price is gonna work out.
Rest of the rotation is solid.

They should had used the cash to get Nolan Arenado...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not sure we ( LA ) needed a starter...
But San Diego picked 3 new ones so I guess we had to get something...
Not sure if David Price is gonna work out.
Rest of the rotation is solid.

They should had used the cash to get Nolan Arenado...
Dude, the Rockies have fully usurped the title of dumbest team in the league from the Mets this offseason...Arenado is a generational talent (who has propelled me to multiple championships in a fantasy keeper league) that was traded for spare parts, and Colorado STILL included $50 million going to the Cardinals, it’s fucking inexplicable. Also, yeah, the Padres look like they’re gonna give y’all a ton of headaches; I’m glad the Dodgers finally won a title after several years of near-misses, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for San Diego :smoothieduck:

Dude, the Rockies have fully usurped the title of dumbest team in the league from the Mets this offseason...Arenado is a generational talent (who has propelled me to multiple championships in a fantasy keeper league) that was traded for spare parts, and Colorado STILL included $50 million going to the Cardinals, it’s fucking inexplicable. Also, yeah, the Padres look like they’re gonna give y’all a ton of headaches; I’m glad the Dodgers finally won a title after several years of near-misses, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for San Diego :smoothieduck:
Yep,
They didnt even get a top 6 prospect in return either.
Rockies literally paid to get robbed.
Not afraid of padres,
Looking forward to some ggs tho

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I just want this here for posterity: Back in 2011, I predicted that the Twins and Padres would face each other in a World Series within a decade...this upcoming season will be the last one that qualifies, and based on how both teams look after this offseason, I’m thinking this is the best last shot I could have hoped for :cheers:

I just want this here for posterity: Back in 2011, I predicted that the Twins and Padres would face each other in a World Series within a decade...this upcoming season will be the last one that qualifies, and based on how both teams look after this offseason, I’m thinking this is the best last shot I could have hoped for :cheers:
One of em will choke. I'm calling it now.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
One of em will choke. I'm calling it now.
Very possible to likely! The Twins haven’t met a Yankees team they could actually beat in the Division Series, and the Padres have their own history of spectacular failure - their inability to hold the line cost them the NL West in 2010 to a Giants team that would win the World Series that year and two more in the four seasons afterwards. Still, I have more reason to hope now than ever before :neesama:

Very possible to likely! The Twins haven’t met a Yankees team they could actually beat in the Division Series, and the Padres have their own history of spectacular failure - their inability to hold the line cost them the NL West in 2010 to a Giants team that would win the World Series that year and two more in the four seasons afterwards. Still, I have more reason to hope now than ever before :neesama:
What does "hold the line" mean?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
What does "hold the line" mean?
They led the division for most of that season, but San Francisco chased them down in the last few weeks, beat them down in the last game of the regular season, then beat the Braves, Phillies, and Rangers to win their first title since moving from New York in the 1950s. San Diego has a history of futility in the game, and it was never more on display than that year 🙄

They led the division for most of that season, but San Francisco chased them down in the last few weeks, beat them down in the last game of the regular season, then beat the Braves, Phillies, and Rangers to win their first title since moving from New York in the 1950s. San Diego has a history of futility in the game, and it was never more on display than that year 🙄
Wow..........that's hilarious ehehehe

But that was on tough playoff run.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I used to love the White Sox, but long moved on to the Cubs. At least they are less of a disappointment at their games.
Like Recoome said, you’re catching them both at a time of transition...the Cubs are hemorrhaging talent on the field and in the front office, whereas the White Sox have a ton of intriguing players who look poised for a breakout. The pendulum always swings back and forth in Chicago, but it’s definitely moving towards the south side right now.