MLB Discussion Thread

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
not mentioning Anthony "Dodgers are too Hollywood" Rendon...
Kinda wish the Nats had held onto him and tried more earnestly to run it back last year, but if they didn’t keep Harper, there was no chance they’d me the best offer for Rendon. Guess all the time they invested waiting for Strasburg between 2010-2015 was the most important move, and it arguably worked as well as anyone could have hoped.

Kinda wish the Nats had held onto him and tried more earnestly to run it back last year, but if they didn’t keep Harper, there was no chance they’d me the best offer for Rendon. Guess all the time they invested waiting for Strasburg between 2010-2015 was the most important move, and it arguably worked as well as anyone could have hoped.
The Nationals still have Juan Soto tho,
That guy is great, lol.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That guy is great, lol.

For sure, I’d definitely let Rendon AND Harper walk for that guy...but can you imagine if they still had all three? Even if Anthony isn’t as consistent as 2019 made him look, and Bryce isn’t the second coming of Mickey Mantle as previously touted, they’d be a real force in an NL East that might be the most competitive division next year :kayneshrug:

Dude, I remember the Haren trade...and you hit the nail on the head (because I’m sure you’re more aware of these shortcomings than I am), the pitching has been Godawful for a long time. I even remember when y’all gave post-Freak Tim Lincecum a shot, y’all were just SO hard up for warm bodies and that’s still the problem today. Tyler Skaggs is a tragedy for the obvious reasons, but losing him in a baseball sense was tough enough.

Loved Andrelton since he was in Atlanta (got to see him play a few games and make some incredible nabs deep in the hole), and Ohtani is electric either way, but beyond Pujols, the whiffs on CJ Wilson and Josh Hamilton were absolutely brutal, and I don’t think Artie Moreno ever recovered from either one. I’ve always had a quiet affinity for Anaheim, and I think it’ll be a cosmically huge fuckup if Trout plays his entire career without sniffing the Fall Classic, it just doesn’t seem like y’all can do anything without at least one dependable starter. If that ends up being Shohei, more power to y’all, but I wouldn’t count on it at this point 😔
Yeah dude. You mentioned Hamilton... getting him over Greinke, although more expensive, was also pretty bad with his history of injuries and drug habits. Losing Skaggsy was hard. He was a solid starter for us but I always thought he had more in him just as he was about to hit his prime. It's just a tragedy what happened. Really glad that they played their best ball pitching a no-hitter in his tribute.

Me too. Gonna miss that dude with his unreal defense. I always respect the fact that Arte spends money to improve the team but I hate the fact that he meddles too much into doing bad decisions. The Vernon Wells trade, for example, is the WORST. It fucks my brain a lot seeing Trout put up historic seasons while playing on a bad team for most of his career except for that one year when we had the best record in baseball then got swept immediately afterward. Honestly, Trout being in the MVP race every year is basically my world series (which is both funny and sad at the same time). So aside from hopefully making the playoffs, I hope Trout wins MVP again and Shohei can put up a healthy and excellent season that could even rival Mike for the MVP (basically his 2016 MVP stats in Japan lol).

not mentioning Anthony "Dodgers are too Hollywood" Rendon...
Thank god for that. Haha!
Post automatically merged:

That guy is great, lol.

This dude is ridiculous... He's like Cabrera and Votto from a decade ago but he could be even better than them with his age.

For sure, I’d definitely let Rendon AND Harper walk for that guy...but can you imagine if they still had all three? Even if Anthony isn’t as consistent as 2019 made him look, and Bryce isn’t the second coming of Mickey Mantle as previously touted, they’d be a real force in an NL East that might be the most competitive division next year :kayneshrug:
Oh! It'd be unfair. They're all still great hitters despite what you mentioned (Bryce has become really underrated). That would be like me imagining Greinke, Corbin and Clevinger on my team but they don't have nearly as much star power that Harper, Rendon and Soto would have had they played together. :suresure:

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah dude. You mentioned Hamilton... getting him over Greinke, although more expensive, was also pretty bad with his history of injuries and drug habits. Losing Skaggsy was hard. He was a solid starter for us but I always thought he had more in him just as he was about to hit his prime. It's just a tragedy what happened. Really glad that they played their best ball pitching a no-hitter in his tribute.

Me too. Gonna miss that dude with his unreal defense. I always respect the fact that Arte spends money to improve the team but I hate the fact that he meddles too much into doing bad decisions. The Vernon Wells trade, for example, is the WORST. It fucks my brain a lot seeing Trout put up historic seasons while playing on a bad team for most of his career except for that one year when we had the best record in baseball then got swept immediately afterward. Honestly, Trout being in the MVP race every year is basically my world series (which is both funny and sad at the same time). So aside from hopefully making the playoffs, I hope Trout wins MVP again and Shohei can put up a healthy and excellent season that could even rival Mike for the MVP (basically his 2016 MVP stats in Japan lol).

Thank god for that. Haha!

This dude is ridiculous... He's like Cabrera and Votto from a decade ago but he could be even better than them with his age.

Oh! It'd be unfair. They're all still great hitters despite what you mentioned (Bryce has become really underrated). That would be like me imagining Greinke, Corbin and Clevinger on my team but they don't have nearly as much star power that Harper, Rendon and Soto would have had they played together. :suresure:
All I can say is I sincerely didn’t expect to see Vernon Wells get a shoutout today...as a Mariners fan, Chone Figgins gives me more PTSD than the former :emohiyo:

All I can say is I sincerely didn’t expect to see Vernon Wells get a shoutout today...as a Mariners fan, Chone Figgins gives me more PTSD than the former :emohiyo:
I only have fond for Chone Figgins... Both as an Angel and non-Angel. :suresure:

My oh my! You're a Mariners fan? I can't remember the last time y'all went to the playoffs other than 2001 and I wasn't even watching back then! Y'all have it way more rougher with Ichiro and King Felix not making it to the playoffs during their prime. I can only imagine what it's like to have over 2 decades of playoff drought. :noo:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I only have fond for Chone Figgins... Both as an Angel and non-Angel. :suresure:

My oh my! You're a Mariners fan? I can't remember the last time y'all went to the playoffs other than 2001 and I wasn't even watching back then! Y'all have it way more rougher with Ichiro and King Felix not making it to the playoffs during their prime. I can only imagine what it's like to have over 2 decades of playoff drought. :noo:
Oh yeah, for all the shit I’ve given your squad over the last few posts, I have no fuckin’ room to talk with this team...I pray every day that the kids like Kelenic, Sheffield, and Lewis can be the first Mariners to break through since (gulp) Ichiro’s rookie US season, but it’s impossible to have any hope with this franchise. I won’t believe they’ll make the playoffs until they’re in pole position when game 162 ends :josad:

Also, it always blows my mind that Seattle lost the Big Unit, a pre-steroidal A-Rod, and Junior in consecutive years, but still broke the all-time win record afterwards...and not the pennant :jordamas:

Oh yeah, for all the shit I’ve given your squad over the last few posts, I have no fuckin’ room to talk with this team...I pray every day that the kids like Kelenic, Sheffield, and Lewis can be the first Mariners to break through since (gulp) Ichiro’s rookie US season, but it’s impossible to have any hope with this franchise. I won’t believe they’ll make the playoffs until they’re in pole position when game 162 ends :josad:

Also, it always blows my mind that Seattle lost the Big Unit, a pre-steroidal A-Rod, and Junior in consecutive years, but still broke the all-time win record afterwards...and not the pennant :jordamas:
Yeah dude. I wish I could've watched that team in '01. Y'all would've been way more than a super team had they kept all of them and then added fuckin' ICHIRO to the mix. That Ichiro-ARod-Griffey-Edgar combo with Randy as your ace would've been sick.

Also, I remember looking at the players you had in your farm system even after that year. It was straight up criminal how you all traded them away for nothing. Even as a rival fan, it's infuriating how bad those trades were honestly. :whitepress:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yeah dude. I wish I could've watched that team in '01. Y'all would've been way more than a super team had they kept all of them and then added fuckin' ICHIRO to the mix. That Ichiro-ARod-Griffey-Edgar combo with Randy as your ace would've been sick.

Also, I remember looking at the players you had in your farm system even after that year. It was straight up criminal how you all traded them away for nothing. Even as a rival fan, it's infuriating how bad those trades were honestly. :whitepress:
Tell me about it, man 😩 This is back when they were owned by Nintendo, don’t tell me those motherfuckers didn’t have enough coins in the coffers to keep that squad together. Pokémon money could have given the Mariners their first real shot at the World Series, LET THAT SINK IN :risitasad:

Also, yeah, trading guys like Shin-Soo Choo and Adam Jones for scrap metal and whatever was even left of Erik Bedard’s wonky arm at that point is another criminal offense in a long list of them. Kinda hoping Portland gets a team in the near future so at least the M’s won’t be the most listless team in the PNW (at least until the Oregon Stoners win a title in their fourth season of existence).

Aight, we’re gonna have to do our top 5 favorite players, it’s finally time.

PRESENT
5. Alex Bregman
4. Ronald Acuña Jr.
3. Clayton Kershaw
2. Mike Trout
1. Nolan Arenado

PAST
5. Chipper Jones (grew up in and around Atlanta until moving to the PNW a few years back, and how do you not love a switch-hitting third baseman??)
4. Sandy Koufax (a Jewish pitcher and one of the greatest to ever do it, provided he didn’t have to pitch in the World Series during Yom Kippur)
3. Rickey Henderson (best base runner in history, and an endless source of entertaining stories and anecdotes about his wild personality)
2. Stan Musial (might be considered the best overall hitter in history if not for Tony Gwynn after him and Ted Williams as his contemporary)
1. Derek Jeter (what can I say? I’m a sucker for his charisma; you can downplay his role in the longtime Yankees dynasty at your own peril)

Last edited:
Tell me about it, man 😩 This is back when they were owned by Nintendo, don’t tell me those motherfuckers didn’t have enough coins in the coffers to keep that squad together. Pokémon money could have given the Mariners their first real shot at the World Series, LET THAT SINK IN :risitasad:

Also, yeah, trading guys like Shin-Soo Choo and Adam Jones for scrap metal and whatever was even left of Erik Bedard’s wonky arm at that point is another criminal offense in a long list of them. Kinda hoping Portland gets a team in the near future so at least the M’s won’t be the most listless team in the PNW (at least until the Oregon Stoners win a title in their fourth season of existence).

Aight, we’re gonna have to do our top 5 favorite players, it’s finally time.

PRESENT
5. Alex Bregman
4. Ronald Acuña Jr.
3. Clayton Kershaw
2. Mike Trout
1. Nolan Arenado

PAST
5. Chipper Jones (grew up in and around Atlanta until moving to the PNW a few years back, and how do you not love a switch-hitting third baseman??)
4. Sandy Koufax (a Jewish pitcher and one of the greatest to ever do it, provided he didn’t have to pitch in the World Series during Yom Kippur)
3. Rickey Henderson (best base runner in history, and an endless source of entertaining stories and anecdotes about his wild personality)
2. Stan Musial (might be considered the best overall hitter in history if not for Tony Gwynn after him and Ted Williams as his contemporary)
1. Derek Jeter (what can I say? I’m a sucker for his charisma; you can downplay his role in the longtime Yankees dynasty at your own peril)
At Present:
5 - TROUT
4 - TROUT
3 - TROUT
2 - TROUT
1 - TROUT (HE HITS HOT FIYAH!!!)

For realz tho:
5 - Scherzer - Dominates. Plays through pain. He's not normal.
4 - Tatis Jr. - He's the most exciting player in baseball since he debuted.
3 - Kershaw - Best pitcher of this generation.
2 - Ohtani - Hits with power and throws over 100 mph. There's nothing he couldn't do.
1 - Trout - He's the GOAT.

Past

Honorable mentions:
McGwire and Bonds - I must admit they're the ones that got me into baseball. It's just a shame how it happened.

5 - Halladay - RIP. I'll never forget that THAT season.
4 - Thomas - The Big Hurt. That is all.
3 - Vladdy - Best Angel when I started watching. He could hit pitches that bounce off the dirt. Just ridiculous.
2 - Ichiro - Last of a dying breed. One of the most exciting players ever at his peak.
1 - Rivera - Broken bats, Enter Sandman & cutter. Arguably the most clutch player ever (aside from a couple games lol).

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
At Present:
5 - TROUT
4 - TROUT
3 - TROUT
2 - TROUT
1 - TROUT (HE HITS HOT FIYAH!!!)

For realz tho:
5 - Scherzer - Dominates. Plays through pain. He's not normal.
4 - Tatis Jr. - He's the most exciting player in baseball since he debuted.
3 - Kershaw - Best pitcher of this generation.
2 - Ohtani - Hits with power and throws over 100 mph. There's nothing he couldn't do.
1 - Trout - He's the GOAT.

Past

Honorable mentions:
McGwire and Bonds - I must admit they're the ones that got me into baseball. It's just a shame how it happened.

5 - Halladay - RIP. I'll never forget that THAT season.
4 - Thomas - The Big Hurt. That is all.
3 - Vladdy - Best Angel when I started watching. He could hit pitches that bounce off the dirt. Just ridiculous.
2 - Ichiro - Last of a dying breed. One of the most exciting players ever at his peak.
1 - Rivera - Broken bats, Enter Sandman & cutter. Arguably the most clutch player ever (aside from a couple games lol).
No wrong choices anywhere, I can dig it!! Love that we both have a major Yankee in the top spot, Rivera is just about the coolest motherfucker to ever take the mound. I’m also glad that you’re not one of those purists who think steroids ruined the game...fuck, if anything, they’re singlehandedly responsible for SAVING it after the strike in ‘94. I know he isn’t dead yet, but I hope Bud Selig is spinning in whatever kind of sarcophagus he uses for a bed, biggest fucking hypocrite in the game :lusalty:

No wrong choices anywhere, I can dig it!! Love that we both have a major Yankee in the top spot, Rivera is just about the coolest motherfucker to ever take the mound. I’m also glad that you’re not one of those purists who think steroids ruined the game...fuck, if anything, they’re singlehandedly responsible for SAVING it after the strike in ‘94. I know he isn’t dead yet, but I hope Bud Selig is spinning in whatever kind of sarcophagus he uses for a bed, biggest fucking hypocrite in the game :lusalty:
I compare Mariano to Tiger Woods in that what they do doesn't require uber athleticism but they straight up DOMINATE their competition. He's a class act too. Steroids did ruin the records but that's how I got into the game and yeah Bud Selig can eat ass and go fuck himself. It's infuriating that that guy is in the hall of fame. If steroids were so bad, why the hell didn't he stop it when there already steroid suspicions in the 90's?

I think Barry and Roger are HoF'ers anyway based on when they were skinny. A-Rod probably in too because he didn't look different and was already a teenage phenom even though he admitted it. McGwire and Sosa are tough because McGwire was too injury-prone and his home runs were going down and Sammy instantly became an MVP when his body changed. Manny is like A-Rod in that he also didn't look different and was a hitting prodigy as a prospect but he wasn't an awesome 5-tool player like A-Rod so yeah! That's pretty much how I judge steroid players by how they looked and what their trajectory was. :myman:

This was fun, lol. Bauer gets a little overboard sometimes but I don't hate him. You need personalities like him in baseball.

Last edited:
Bauer pitched pretty good today.
Got cocky and then got lit up on the 7th. (No hitter potential)
2 home runs...

Then david price enters and allows 2 consecutive home runs...

We lost a 0-10 lead.
We lost a shutout but Bauer looked amazing for 6 innings. Love what I'm seeing from him. I don't want to blame Coors but...I remember Ryu ruined his incredible ERA in 2019 at Coors.

We lost a shutout but Bauer looked amazing for 6 innings. Love what I'm seeing from him. I don't want to blame Coors but...I remember Ryu ruined his incredible ERA in 2019 at Coors.
Yeah he is good I just dont like his dumb Vince McMahon Strut...
Kinda cringe.

Saturday game was entertaining,
That corona plexy glass in the playing field making Max crash into it.
Inside the park home run,
Waterfountain gate.