MLB Discussion Thread

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Man, I’m old enough to remember 2002-2009, fielding a successful squad in Anaheim IS possible…and Syndegaard is the best possible bounceback candidate you could hope for, but Trout isn’t getting any younger and Moreno oughta be arrested for fraud if Ohtani has another MVP season for a team that gets mathematically eliminated in the first week of September :nicagesmile:

Man, I’m old enough to remember 2002-2009, fielding a successful squad in Anaheim IS possible…and Syndegaard is the best possible bounceback candidate you could hope for, but Trout isn’t getting any younger and Moreno oughta be arrested for fraud if Ohtani has another MVP season for a team that gets mathematically eliminated in the first week of September :nicagesmile:
I know, man. We were THE L.A. team for that period. I don't know if an ace-like starter will sign for us considering we're in a 6-7 man rotation for Ohtani and I'm not sure we'll sign somebody for long-term 'cause Trout, Rendon and Ohtani in the future (Upton's contract is gone next year). Scherzer or Stroman would be a dream (we need at least 2 more) and I hope we re-sign Iglesias as well. I really hope this offseason works out 'cause Astros will probably lose Correa and the A's & Mariners are not title-contending teams just yet.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I know, man. We were THE L.A. team for that period. I don't know if an ace-like starter will sign for us considering we're in a 6-7 man rotation for Ohtani and I'm not sure we'll sign somebody for long-term 'cause Trout, Rendon and Ohtani in the future (Upton's contract is gone next year). Scherzer or Stroman would be a dream (we need at least 2 more) and I hope we re-sign Iglesias as well. I really hope this offseason works out 'cause Astros will probably lose Correa and the A's & Mariners are not title-contending teams just yet.
Man, don’t count Seattle out…that’s a young squad in a rapidly weakening division, they surprised me this year and I’m DESPERATE for them to kick it up a notch in 2022 🤞🤞
Either way, I agree, y’all cannot take on another albatross contract; the problem is that your whole “only draft pitchers” strategy is years away from paying dividends if at all, and I doubt guys like Max and Marcus are gonna be tempted to waste time waiting for things to coalesce.

Man, don’t count Seattle out…that’s a young squad in a rapidly weakening division, they surprised me this year and I’m DESPERATE for them to kick it up a notch in 2022 🤞🤞
Either way, I agree, y’all cannot take on another albatross contract; the problem is that your whole “only draft pitchers” strategy is years away from paying dividends if at all, and I doubt guys like Max and Marcus are gonna be tempted to waste time waiting for things to coalesce.
I'm fine with us winning the division and y'all making it as a wildcard as a scenario. :myman:

I've always liked SEA most out of any teams in the division and I know how good y'all are becoming considering you blanked our offense for a couple of games. You're right about pitch strategy, the hope is some of our pitchers now can make some type of leap like Robbie Ray (not like that but half of it). I just want to see the Team ERA go lower than 4 LOL

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Mets-Rangers as the 2022 “Offseason Winners” World Series gonna be even more 🔥🔥🔥 than the theoretical Phillies-Red Sox matchup we were “supposed” to get after the winter of 2010-11 :christnally::christnally::christnally:
Post automatically merged:

You're right about pitch strategy, the hope is some of our pitchers now can make some type of leap like Robbie Ray (not like that but half of it).
Get ready to see a lot of him over the next five years :eeke:

Mets-Rangers as the 2022 “Offseason Winners” World Series gonna be even more 🔥🔥🔥 than the theoretical Phillies-Red Sox matchup we were “supposed” to get after the winter of 2010-11 :christnally:
Lol "BEST LINEUP EVER VS BEST ROTATION EVER!!!" is what I remember seeing back in 2011 so this is not that. Obviously, I would hate it if the Rangers made the world series next season but I don't mind the Mets since they're like kindred spirits and if they give us deGrom in addition to Syndergaard, Loup and Stroman (hopefully). :datas:

Get ready to see a lot of him over the next five years :eeke:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Lol "BEST LINEUP EVER VS BEST ROTATION EVER!!!" is what I remember seeing back in 2011 so this is not that. Obviously, I would hate it if the Rangers made the world series next season but I don't mind the Mets since they're like kindred spirits and if they give us deGrom in addition to Syndergaard, Loup and Stroman (hopefully). :datas:

September 28, 2011 is still the best day of my life (my fiancé, who was my girlfriend up until I proposed a few weeks ago, REALLY loves hearing me say that) - watching Boston’s lofty postseason aspirations evaporate in both real time and the cruelest fashion possible (nobody remembers Dan Johnson for anything else he’s done in his whole life and nobody EVER will) has kept me warm during the two title runs that have come out of that shithole of a city since then :josad:

September 28, 2011 is still the best day of my life (my fiancé, who was my girlfriend up until I proposed a few weeks ago, REALLY loves hearing me say that) - watching Boston’s lofty postseason aspirations evaporate in both real time and the cruelest fashion possible (nobody remembers Dan Johnson for anything else he’s done in his whole life and nobody EVER will) has kept me warm during the two title runs that have come out of that shithole of a city since then :josad:
That is still the most exciting thing I've ever watched in baseball. I fucked up a bit and missed the grand slam 'cause I thought it was over and took a bit of a nap but eventually seeing Longo hit that walkoff and everything else that happened, especially Papelbon giving up that double to ROBERT ANDINO (who?). I also think BOS had like a 10 game lead over them after August. In some ways, I consider that a bigger choke job than NYY-BOS 3-0 comeback 'cause they choked for like a month LOL

It's funny that ATL also choked on that same day as well and let the Cardinals make the playoffs and win the damn WS as well. I wanted PHI to win that year for Halladay. :(

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That is still the most exciting thing I've ever watched in baseball. I fucked up a bit and missed the grand slam 'cause I thought it was over and took a bit of a nap but eventually seeing Longo hit that walkoff and everything else that happened, especially Papelbon giving up that double to ROBERT ANDINO (who?). I also think BOS had like a 10 game lead over them after August. In some ways, I consider that a bigger choke job than NYY-BOS 3-0 comeback 'cause they choked for like a month LOL

It's funny that ATL also choked on that same day as well and let the Cardinals make the playoffs and win the damn WS as well. I wanted PHI to win that year for Halladay. :(
2004 and Doc, two things that make me sad beyond measure for totally different reasons :perocry:

Last edited:
i always give shit for the NBA letting basically everybody that made an all star in the HOF but man the MLB HOF is strict asf
Yeah. Strict as hell (I know steroids) but inconsistent. It's also funny that the all-time hits leader, all-time Cy Young winner, and all-time home run leader are not in the hall of fame. That'd be like not having the all-time scoring, rebounding, and assists leader in the basketball hall of fame

Can't believe the owners are so afraid of an Angels world series win next year. My SOURCES said that we were about to get Correa (don't like him but shit we're down bad on SS) so they locked the league in addition to suppressing MIKE TROUT's GOAT status ascension and MLB's popularity with Ohtani winning B2B MVPs and Noah Syndergaard winning Cy Young. They'll also win 117 games

It's already certain:

But seriously, dammit...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Can't believe the owners are so afraid of an Angels world series win next year. My SOURCES said that we were about to get Correa (don't like him but shit we're down bad on SS) so they locked the league in addition to suppressing MIKE TROUT's GOAT status ascension and MLB's popularity with Ohtani winning B2B MVPs and Noah Syndergaard winning Cy Young. They'll also win 117 games

It's already certain:

But seriously, dammit...
Add Correa to the current Angels roster and they might win *checks notes* Wow, really? That’s all? How many games did they win while Pujols and Hamilton were around? *checks notes* Jesus Christ…and how much money is tied up in Trout and Rendon already?? *checks notes* *weeps*

Add Correa to the current Angels roster and they might win *checks notes* Wow, really? That’s all? How many games did they win while Pujols and Hamilton were around? *checks notes* Jesus Christ…and how much money is tied up in Trout and Rendon already?? *checks notes* *weeps*
You just watch... EXCEPT WE CAN'T SINCE WE'RE CURRENTLY IN A LOCKOUT SO EYY!!!

But seriously, I was actually excited to see this team with additional new pitchers to go along with the development of our pitchers in the team and Adell & Marsch as well as having a healthy Trout, Ohtani, and Rendon lineup. Fuck Manfred