Fanclub Monet FC

Chapter 999 and 1000 are approaching, lets make some waves!

Thought it would be interesting to have a timeline of Monet's current story within One Piece.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
30 years prior to the current story time:
  • Monet is born (presumably in North Blue)
24 years ago (Monet age 6):
  • Gol D. Roger is executed

The reason I included this entry is essentially because the “Pirate King” means something to Monet which is why the thought of her captain being the “Pirate King” was the thought she chose to have before she motioned to activate the self-destruct switch in Lab 3 on Punk Hazard. Not thoughts or memories of her sister (Sugar) but the desire for someone she admires and believes in to become the “Pirate King”.
22 years ago (Monet age 8):
  • Monet’s sister, Sugar (real name unknown) is born;
  • Monet has a fascination for birds
13-22 years ago (Monet age 8-17):
  • Monet and Sugar came to find themselves living in a terrible environment during this time
13 years ago (Monet age 17):
  • Monet and Sugar are “saved” by Doflamingo from their terrible environment;
  • Monet and Sugar decide to give up their former lives and choose to follow the Donquixote Family;
  • Monet and Sugar become members of the Donquixote Pirates
12 years ago (Monet age 18):
  • Monet is given the Yuki Yuki no Mi and Sugar the Hobi Hobi no Mi by Doflamingo;
  • Monet becomes the Yuki-Onna
10-12 years ago (Monet age 18-20):
  • During this period Monet starts working undercover at the Dressrosa Royal Palace as a servant;
  • Monet keeps Doflamingo informed of the Riku family movements and the actions of the country and its army
Dressrosa Invasion – 10 years ago (Monet age 20):
  • Doflamingo becomes a Shichibukai;
  • The invasion of Dressrosa by the Donquixote Pirates takes place;
  • Monet opens the royal palace gates from the inside to let the Donquixote Pirates in;
  • Monet captures Viola
  • The Donquixote Pirates become the new rulers of Dressrosa
Post-Dressrosa Invasion – 3-10 years ago (Monet age 20-27):
  • Monet likely sent off on another [undercover] mission or missions during this time;

Monet was not publicly known to be part of the Donquixote Pirates which is why she could fool Caesar and Law into believing she was just a secretary/researcher on Punk Hazard. Monet, like Vergo, was an undercover operative of the Donquixote Pirates. Vergo was undercover in the Marines dealing with any information that could negatively affect Doflamingo. Considering that Monet was not a recognised member of the Donquixote Pirates and the undercover role she performs, it seems likely that after the Dressrosa invasion, she was sent away on another mission by Doflamingo. A mission that would assist Doflamingo aka. Joker in procuring deals and attaining information about relevant powers and weapons.

Doflamingo did enter into a business relationship with Kaido. And wanting to keep himself aware of his partners, I suspect Doflamingo may have sent Monet as an undercover agent with his ranks to spy on the Beast Pirates general movements. Monet’s Harpy form could even be linked to an undercover mission within the Beast Pirates. If you would like additional information on my theory of this, let me know and I will expand on it.

Alternatively or additionally, Doflamingo could have sent Monet to work undercover within the Punk Hazard facility prior to Caesar setting his experiment off four years ago that destroyed labs 1 and 2. Having a spy within a government science facility (Vegapunk's former research lab) would help explain why Doflamingo knew about Kuma’s circumstances and what the World Government did to him. Monet having a connection to Caesar before he escaped the Marines and fled back to Punk Hazard would also help substantiate the casual relationship Caesar shares with Monet. As above, if you would like additional information on this theory, let me know.
4 years ago (Monet age 26):
  • Caesar working with Vegapunk – experimenting on prisoners for their gigantification research;
  • Caesar set off his mass murder gas weapon which causes an explosion on Punk Hazard that destroys the labs and blankets the Island in a layer of poisonous gas;
  • Caesar is captured but he eventually escapes (if Monet was working on Punk Hazard before this incident, if may have been Monet who helped Caesar escape)
Punk Hazard – 3 years ago (Monet age 27):
  • Caesar returns to Punk Hazard;
  • Doflamingo enters into a partnership with Caesar and Kaido to produce SMILEs;
  • Monet works undercover as Caesar’s secretary
  • Monet is also assigned to protect Caesar and his test subjects;
  • Big Mom commissions Caesar to find a way to change humans into Giants;
  • Child kidnappings by Caesar;
  • Kidnappings covered up by Vergo;
  • Monet becomes the guardian of the children
2 years ago (Monet age 28):
  • Start of One Piece story;
  • Doflamingo abandons the Human/Slave trade in favour of the age of “SMILEs”
Post-Marineford War – 0-2 years ago (Monet age 28-30):
  • More child kidnappings occur;
  • Vergo continues to cover up the kidnappings
A few months prior to the current time (Monet age 30):
  • Law arrives on Punk Hazard;
  • Monet request Law to heal the injured prisoners who lost the use of their limbs – animal limbs used as replacements;
  • Monet is shown to be conducting research of her own through her studying, writing and recording;
  • Monet’s heart given to Law
  • Monet’s limbs are replaced with bird wings, talons and a tail
~Over a month prior to current time (Monet age 30):
  • Kin’emon and Momonosuke arrive on Punk Hazard;
  • Straw Hat Pirates arrive on Punk Hazard;
  • Monet learns of the Straw Hat Pirates revival and deduces their strength to be greater than what the public consider;
  • Law gives Caesar a heart (Monet’s) that Caesar presumes is Smoker’s – Monet is present during this exchange;
  • Monet shadows Law and learns of his alliance with Luffy and their intention to target Kaido;
  • Law acknowledges Monet’s capabilities;
  • Once Law breaches the SAD production room, Monet realises how Luffy and Law intend to challenge Kaido;
  • Monet successfully ensnares Luffy – although thanks to Momonosuke, Luffy manages to escape;
  • Monet reveals her Yuki-Onna form;
  • Monet overwhelms Tashigi but is defeated by Zoro;
  • Monet plans to keep her captain’s arrangements unhindered by destroying the Punk Hazard Island – Monet is interrupted before she can activate the lab weapon;
  • Monet’s heart is injured by Caesar;
  • The Donquixote Pirates are defeated once the Straw Hat Pirates make their way to Dressrosa;
  • Except Monet, Vergo and Baby 5, the rest of the Donquixote Pirates are captured by the Marines – including Sugar
If I missed anything concerning Monet, please let me know. I hope this helps summarise the lovely and mysterious Yuki-Onna Harpy's story within One Piece.

If Oda does plan to bring back Monet at some point, he has left himself a lot of versatility in where it could be considering Monet's past is unknown at this point and she has been working as an undercover agent for the Donquixote Pirates for the past 12-13 years.

Monet’s Harpy form could even be linked to an undercover mission within the Beast Pirates. If you would like additional information on my theory of this, let me know and I will expand on it.
I definitely want to know your thoughts on this topic. Given that she got her bird parts from Law presumably without Doflamingo's knowledge (Caesar promised Law that Doflamingo wouldn't find out about him), it's unlikely that it was Doflamingo's idea for a future sting operation, and it's impossible that it happened DURING an undercover mission to Kaido's crew.

Would you say that she was preparing for a future mission she knew she was going to be expected to undertake, or that she was inspired by a mission she had in the past involving Kaido? Or a third option that I haven't thought?

Also, thank you for providing this timeline, it's very nicely put together!

Seeing as the Beast Pirates were susceptible to spies joining their ranks or affiliates (X Drake and Kyoshiro), other factions may have sent undercover agents to join the Beast Pirates. One person I can see stationing a member of their crew within the Beast Pirates to keep tabs on Kaido and his actions is Doflamingo. It has been established already how shrewd a man Doflamingo is and the extents he goes to in order to protect himself and his status. Information was one of Doflamingo’s most powerful weapons. It allowed him to become a Shichibukai and to keep the World Government at bay and semi-subservient to him (using the CP-0 to trick Law into believing he quit being a Shichibukai). Doflamingo had Monet go undercover in the Dressrosa Palace prior to their invasion and on Punk Hazard to keep eyes on Caesar, a partner in his dealings with Kaido. Given all that Doflamingo has done, it seems natural he would also have had someone positioned at one point in time undercover in the Beast Pirates.

The prospect of Doflamingo using an undercover agent seems more logical when you consider Wano Kuni is a closed border nation where no information involving the actions of the Beast Pirates would reach Doflamingo directly – Kaido residing in Wano Kuni was not common knowledge illustrated by the surprise reactions from Law and the Straw Hat Pirates when Kin’emon revealed Kaido and his Beast Pirates were in Wano. Only the information Kaido (or King) would want Doflamingo to know would be conveyed to him. If Doflamingo desired unfiltered information regarding Kaido’s movements, he would need to acquire it directly from within the Beast Pirates. Additionally, I believe rather than succumbing to the rumours of Kaido, the fear Doflamingo has of Kaido is sourced from direct knowledge of Kaido’s actions and the forces under Kaido’s command generated by the information he received from the agent undercover as a Beast Pirate subordinate. As for who Doflamingo would have sent, they is only one person with the skill set able to perform that task – Monet.

There is a massive gap in time after Monet's mission on Dressrosa and before she began her mission on Punk Hazard. Around 4-10 years (I believe Monet's Punk Hazard mission began when Vegapunk was still working at the facilities there prior to the explosion Caesar caused). We know Kaido has been operating in Wano Kuni for 20+ years, so it makes sense if at any point during those 4-10 years, Monet was sent on an undercover mission in the Beast Pirates. Monet would have provided Doflamingo with information concerning the general movements of the Beast Pirates. And may even have brought information to Doflamingo's attention that Kaido was interested in creating an army of Devil Fruit Power users which could have been what led Doflamingo (Joker) to reaching out to Kaido and entering into an arrangement.

Now I don't think it would have mattered if Monet was present in the Beast Pirates ranks or not all the time if she were just a low ranking officer. The Beast Pirates have such a vast organisation that it would have been impossible to keep track of everyone coming and going or those present or not. The Beast Pirates currently number 20,000 pirates (not including the 10,000 members from Orochi’s forces) and even in the past, twenty years ago, when Oden challenged Kaido, the Beast Pirates were still a massive pirate organization with a thousand members. As long as an individual looks the part, they are recognised as part of the Beast Pirates (i.e. current Raid on Onigashima). This could have been how Monet was able to carry out her role as an undercover agent within the Beast Pirates without having been present in the crew/organisation all the time.

But with Monet being a low ranking Beast Pirate member that would have limited the information she were privy to. And in order to work her way deeper into the Beast Pirate organisation, she would have needed to consume a Zoan Devil Fruit or once it was introduced, a SMILE Fruit. That would have been impossible for Monet due to having a Devil Fruit power already. Monet would not have told the Beast Pirates she already possessed the Yuki Yuki no Mi similar to how she kept it a secret while working in the Dressrosa Palace. And with Monet unable to progress further with her undercover role within the Beast Pirates, she was reassigned to another undercover mission - Punk Hazard, where she was to infiltrate the secret Marine and World Government research labs led by Dr. Vegapunk and gather information surrounding the Marines secret experiments. This could be the reason why Caesar is so casual when interacting with Monet, because he has already worked with her before.

When Law appeared, Monet found a way to rise above her standing within the Beast Pirates without attracting needless attention to herself. Using Law’s abilities with his Ope Ope no Mi, Monet potentially requested Law to change her arms and legs with that of a bird in order to give a certain faction the illusion that she had consumed a SMILE thus allowing her to rise to the next rank within the Beast Pirates – to the level of Gifter. Such a position would have enabled Monet access to additional information not available to the lesser members of the Beast Pirates (Waiters and Pleasures). Monet could have intended to resume her mission undercover within the Beast Pirates after Law left Punk Hazard.

Without proper reason, Monet’s decision to remove her functioning human limbs in favour of wings, talons and a bird tail seem incomprehensibly odd. I find it hard to rationalise the reason being merely because she liked birds and subsequently desired to fly. It is just suspicious no reason was given. Nothing at all. Monet is a very methodological individual whom takes her duties seriously. If she were tasked with an undercover role within the Beast Pirates, she would without fail have realised the opportunity Law possessed once he appeared on Punk Hazard being a doctor who possessed the Ope Ope no Mi. This could be why upon realising what Law could do, she suggested Law help heal the injured former Punk Hazard prisoners. Monet wished to gauge Law’s capabilities before allowing him to conduct surgery on herself. Ultimately, Monet using the Harpy form to work her way deeper into the Beast Pirates sounds like an undertaking consistent with Monet’s character and role within the Donquixote Family.

There isn't much to suggest that Monet will appear within the Wano Kuni Arc but it would be a fitting arc for her to show-up in. Wano incorporates many elements of Japanese mythology (stories and yokai) and with Monet being a Yuki-Onna, her appearing in the arc would not be out of place.

Additionally, I have been theorising that the Ice Oni plague Queen developed could have been constructed from research done on Monet's Yuki Yuki no Mi powers (assuming the Beast Pirates captured her on Punk Hazard after viewing the fall of Caesar through the broadcast and brought her to Onigashima). If Queen was part of the rogue scientist group Vegapunk and Judge belonged to 21+ years ago, it would help establish Queen's ability to manipulate the lineage factor. And by Queen knowing how to manipulate the lineage factor, it would explain how he can create something like the Ice Oni plague that mutates the lineage factor within its victims. To me, it just seems suspicious that almost a month after Monet is defeat on Punk Hazard, Queen comes up with a plague that transforms people into Ice Oni which share a resemblance to Monet's Yuki-Onna form. It could be nothing but I thought I'll note that theory as well.

Seeing as the Beast Pirates were susceptible to spies joining their ranks or affiliates (X Drake and Kyoshiro), other factions may have sent undercover agents to join the Beast Pirates. One person I can see stationing a member of their crew within the Beast Pirates to keep tabs on Kaido and his actions is Doflamingo. It has been established already how shrewd a man Doflamingo is and the extents he goes to in order to protect himself and his status. Information was one of Doflamingo’s most powerful weapons. It allowed him to become a Shichibukai and to keep the World Government at bay and semi-subservient to him (using the CP-0 to trick Law into believing he quit being a Shichibukai). Doflamingo had Monet go undercover in the Dressrosa Palace prior to their invasion and on Punk Hazard to keep eyes on Caesar, a partner in his dealings with Kaido. Given all that Doflamingo has done, it seems natural he would also have had someone positioned at one point in time undercover in the Beast Pirates.

The prospect of Doflamingo using an undercover agent seems more logical when you consider Wano Kuni is a closed border nation where no information involving the actions of the Beast Pirates would reach Doflamingo directly – Kaido residing in Wano Kuni was not common knowledge illustrated by the surprise reactions from Law and the Straw Hat Pirates when Kin’emon revealed Kaido and his Beast Pirates were in Wano. Only the information Kaido (or King) would want Doflamingo to know would be conveyed to him. If Doflamingo desired unfiltered information regarding Kaido’s movements, he would need to acquire it directly from within the Beast Pirates. Additionally, I believe rather than succumbing to the rumours of Kaido, the fear Doflamingo has of Kaido is sourced from direct knowledge of Kaido’s actions and the forces under Kaido’s command generated by the information he received from the agent undercover as a Beast Pirate subordinate. As for who Doflamingo would have sent, they is only one person with the skill set able to perform that task – Monet.

There is a massive gap in time after Monet's mission on Dressrosa and before she began her mission on Punk Hazard. Around 4-10 years (I believe Monet's Punk Hazard mission began when Vegapunk was still working at the facilities there prior to the explosion Caesar caused). We know Kaido has been operating in Wano Kuni for 20+ years, so it makes sense if at any point during those 4-10 years, Monet was sent on an undercover mission in the Beast Pirates. Monet would have provided Doflamingo with information concerning the general movements of the Beast Pirates. And may even have brought information to Doflamingo's attention that Kaido was interested in creating an army of Devil Fruit Power users which could have been what led Doflamingo (Joker) to reaching out to Kaido and entering into an arrangement.

Now I don't think it would have mattered if Monet was present in the Beast Pirates ranks or not all the time if she were just a low ranking officer. The Beast Pirates have such a vast organisation that it would have been impossible to keep track of everyone coming and going or those present or not. The Beast Pirates currently number 20,000 pirates (not including the 10,000 members from Orochi’s forces) and even in the past, twenty years ago, when Oden challenged Kaido, the Beast Pirates were still a massive pirate organization with a thousand members. As long as an individual looks the part, they are recognised as part of the Beast Pirates (i.e. current Raid on Onigashima). This could have been how Monet was able to carry out her role as an undercover agent within the Beast Pirates without having been present in the crew/organisation all the time.

But with Monet being a low ranking Beast Pirate member that would have limited the information she were privy to. And in order to work her way deeper into the Beast Pirate organisation, she would have needed to consume a Zoan Devil Fruit or once it was introduced, a SMILE Fruit. That would have been impossible for Monet due to having a Devil Fruit power already. Monet would not have told the Beast Pirates she already possessed the Yuki Yuki no Mi similar to how she kept it a secret while working in the Dressrosa Palace. And with Monet unable to progress further with her undercover role within the Beast Pirates, she was reassigned to another undercover mission - Punk Hazard, where she was to infiltrate the secret Marine and World Government research labs led by Dr. Vegapunk and gather information surrounding the Marines secret experiments. This could be the reason why Caesar is so casual when interacting with Monet, because he has already worked with her before.

When Law appeared, Monet found a way to rise above her standing within the Beast Pirates without attracting needless attention to herself. Using Law’s abilities with his Ope Ope no Mi, Monet potentially requested Law to change her arms and legs with that of a bird in order to give a certain faction the illusion that she had consumed a SMILE thus allowing her to rise to the next rank within the Beast Pirates – to the level of Gifter. Such a position would have enabled Monet access to additional information not available to the lesser members of the Beast Pirates (Waiters and Pleasures). Monet could have intended to resume her mission undercover within the Beast Pirates after Law left Punk Hazard.

Without proper reason, Monet’s decision to remove her functioning human limbs in favour of wings, talons and a bird tail seem incomprehensibly odd. I find it hard to rationalise the reason being merely because she liked birds and subsequently desired to fly. It is just suspicious no reason was given. Nothing at all. Monet is a very methodological individual whom takes her duties seriously. If she were tasked with an undercover role within the Beast Pirates, she would without fail have realised the opportunity Law possessed once he appeared on Punk Hazard being a doctor who possessed the Ope Ope no Mi. This could be why upon realising what Law could do, she suggested Law help heal the injured former Punk Hazard prisoners. Monet wished to gauge Law’s capabilities before allowing him to conduct surgery on herself. Ultimately, Monet using the Harpy form to work her way deeper into the Beast Pirates sounds like an undertaking consistent with Monet’s character and role within the Donquixote Family.

There isn't much to suggest that Monet will appear within the Wano Kuni Arc but it would be a fitting arc for her to show-up in. Wano incorporates many elements of Japanese mythology (stories and yokai) and with Monet being a Yuki-Onna, her appearing in the arc would not be out of place.

Additionally, I have been theorising that the Ice Oni plague Queen developed could have been constructed from research done on Monet's Yuki Yuki no Mi powers (assuming the Beast Pirates captured her on Punk Hazard after viewing the fall of Caesar through the broadcast and brought her to Onigashima). If Queen was part of the rogue scientist group Vegapunk and Judge belonged to 21+ years ago, it would help establish Queen's ability to manipulate the lineage factor. And by Queen knowing how to manipulate the lineage factor, it would explain how he can create something like the Ice Oni plague that mutates the lineage factor within its victims. To me, it just seems suspicious that almost a month after Monet is defeat on Punk Hazard, Queen comes up with a plague that transforms people into Ice Oni which share a resemblance to Monet's Yuki-Onna form. It could be nothing but I thought I'll note that theory as well.
I definitely can see Monet having been a part of the Beast Pirates during the gap, and she does seem the type to take on bird-traits as an investment for blending in, but I do think it would be odd for her to join the Beast Pirates, leave the Beast Pirates (which I have trouble imagining her being able to do given how the Yonko tend to operate), then anticipating going back to the Beast Pirates later when she already managed to leave once.

In my opinion, Monet's choice was most likely fueled by the events of her past, though if it had to have a practical reason behind it, imagine Monet flying alongside Doflamingo as he uses his strings to jump through the clouds.

A wild Harpy appears!

Guess my vote per day for the lovely Yuki-Onna Harpy has paid off =). What an exciting moment it is to see Monet in the top 3 of Oceania for this hour.

Keep up the good work!
Post automatically merged:

This is probably going to sound worse than I mean it to, but I kind of wish someone would come up with a good counterargument for Monet's heart being shown intact. Just some textual explanation for why that doesn't necessarily mean what it so clearly does rather than the usual dismissive "you're overthinking it" or "she's dead, get over it."

The Monet conversation has kind of hit a wall since no more information has come out, so at best it would give us a new talking point, and at worst would give me a reason not to be so smugly self-assured that I'm right.
Post automatically merged:

The midterm results are in, and Monet's current overall position is 59th!

Through the rest of the world, she's 20th in Oceania, 40th in North America, 52nd in the Middle East, 58th in Europe, 65th in Latin America, 67th in Japan, 73rd in Asia and sadly did not rank in Africa

That's a really impressive showing, and gives me high hopes for her results in the final tally

Even if she drops, there's a good chance she'll stay in the top 100

I don't know if that'll really mean anything, but I imagine she'll at least be in a big commemorative collage, and that's exciting enough for me

Last edited: