Fanclub Monet FC

I apologize for causing a ruckus. I stand by my principles, but a public forum with a specific topic isn't the place for it. To be perfectly transparent, I've deleted all of the unpleasantness from my side so as not to bog down this thread with nonsense, but I've left the links I provided that actually went somewhere useful for anyone who may want them. I'm not going to harp on this topic anymore, and will only talk about topics related to Monet from this point forth.

With that in mind:

Who here actually believes that Monet is going to join the Straw Hats?

Obviously I do, given that I wrote a novel on the subject, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks and why.

Last edited:
I apologize for causing a ruckus. I stand by my principles, but a public forum with a specific topic isn't the place for it. Let's change the subject to something appropriate for the setting:

Who here actually believes that Monet is going to join the Straw Hats?

Obviously I do, given that I wrote a novel on the subject, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks and why.
If she shows back up... I'm all for it.. I remember talking to you before and you preferred her to keep her bird limbs and I would rather have her get the human limbs back... astronomy is probably her thing but will Oda take the time to get into that?

If she shows back up... I'm all for it.. I remember talking to you before and you preferred her to keep her bird limbs and I would rather have her get the human limbs back... astronomy is probably her thing but will Oda take the time to get into that?
I don't think it would take too long to get into it. Oda's a pretty quick storyteller when he wants to be, and it only took about two or three pages of content to showcase Robin's archaeology. I don't think he's going to write a dissertation on astronomy, he'll probably have Monet introduce whatever concept is relevant and then have Luffy look nonchalantly off the side of the ship and say "ah, so they're magic stars."

As for her limbs, the only reason I think she should get them back is to make it easier for Oda to draw her consistently, but I'd want her to at least be able to switch between them. It'd break my heart to see the harpy go away.

Anybody got any thoughts or headcanons on what Monet's real name might be and why she chose Monet as her codename?

Back when there was a theory that she was one of Big Mom's daughters, I used to think it might be Alaska (like baked Alaska) because of her snow, but as I said in my big theory, I think she'll have a name that starts with H, and Happy would work without being something completely out of left field. I also think that "Monet" comes from whoever she lost in her backstory, since I don't think the French impressionist painter exists in the One Piece world.

Anybody got any thoughts or headcanons on what Monet's real name might be and why she chose Monet as her codename?

Back when there was a theory that she was one of Big Mom's daughters, I used to think it might be Alaska (like baked Alaska) because of her snow, but as I said in my big theory, I think she'll have a name that starts with H, and Happy would work without being something completely out of left field. I also think that "Monet" comes from whoever she lost in her backstory, since I don't think the French impressionist painter exists in the One Piece world.
That depends, Did Oda have an SBS about Sugar too? They could legitimately be their names.

That depends, Did Oda have an SBS about Sugar too? They could legitimately be their names.
I'm not sure what you mean by an SBS about Sugar or why that's a factor, but you're right, those could be their real names, I'm just inclined to believe they're codenames since everyone else in the Donquixote Pirates used codenames. The only exceptions that we know of are Law and Vergo, the latter of which defaulted to his (presumably) real name after giving up the name of Corazon to Rocinante.

Y'all ever think about the fact that Monet probably only had her wings for a few months, and that she was contractually obligated to Law to keep his presence a secret from Doflamingo?

Cus that would imply that a) there likely wasn't much time or reason for any of the Donquixote Pirates to visit and see her, and b) even if they did, she couldn't tell them why she was suddenly a bird woman.

So that begs the question. DID any of the Donquixote Pirates find out? We know Vergo did, since we saw him interact with her, but he isn't a very good litmus test since he can't seem to remember major life facts about himself such as him not being a swordsman.

Dude probably saw she was a bird and thought "ah, yes, Monet, the bird-woman, I remember the day you hatched like it was yesterday."

It just occurred to me that because we never saw Monet and Sugar interact, we don't know what Sugar calls Monet. A casual 'nee-chan'? A formal 'onee-sama'? A cutesy 'Mo-nee'? Her real name with an honorific? This is the information we need.
Or maybe she just calls Monet without any honorific, in Japan it can be seen as a mark of disrespect but it can also shows how close Monet and Sugar are since honorifics are dropped either due to great disrespect or closeness between each other.
I also see Monet and Sugar as the kind of sisters that often argue but who have also very moments with each other.