Movie Recommendations

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
For different styles :

Once upon a time in America is a masterpiece.

Some like it hot.

Fargo

American beauty.

This year the best movies I have seen are :

- Parasite
- Once Upon a time in Hollywood
- Joker

I will see 1917 tomorrow it seems really good.
I know this isn’t the TV thread, but since I’ve already discussed an episodic adaptation of a movie I loved...holy shit, have you seen the Fargo series??

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
No... I know I suck, the film was amazing and from what I heard the show was very good too

Have you seen it ? Is it as awesome as it looks ?
You don’t suck, and neither does the show! Each season is its own self-contained story (with slight overlap), all done in the same setting and style as the movie. It’s dark, funny, thrilling, and perfectly written/cast the whole way through. Season 4 is coming out sometime this year, and I am BEYOND stoked!

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I'll try to list those I haven't seen listed by others:

Dr Strangelove or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb - 1964
The chase - 1966
Godfather Trilogy - 1972+
Last Tango in Paris - 1972
Chinatown - 1974
Dog day afternoon - 1975
Taxi Driver - 1976
Scarface - 1983
Goodfellas - 1990
Falling Down - 1993
The Shawshank Redemption - 1994
Forrest Gump - 1994
Leon the Profesional - 1994
Usual Suspects - 1995
Seven - 1995
Heat -1995
12 Monkeys - 1995
Life is Beautiful - 1997
Liar Liar - 1997
The game - 1997
Ronin - 1998
Eyes Wide Shut - 1999
Matrix Trilogy - 1999+
American Psycho - 2000
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - 2001+
Catch me if you can - 2002
The life of David Gale - 2003
Man on fire - 2004
The Prestige - 2006
American Gangster -2007
The Chaser - 2008
Shutter Island - 2010
The Intouchables - 2011
Dallas Buyers Club - 2013
Rush - 2013
Interstellar - 2014
Hateful Eight - 2015
Train to Busan - 2016
Green Book - 2018
Ford vs Ferrari - 2019

Last edited:
28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later (two movies, really good zombie virus movie in my opinion)

Shutter Island. This is a movie that will grip your expectation and perception toward the story characters. My favorite type of movie.

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight (two movies from a trilogy). The best superhero movie of all time imo. The dialogue and characterizations are amazing.

Inception. A movie that is real emotional and for the heart, but enveloped with sci fi.

La La Land. A revolutionary modern musical that makes your heart giddy with excitement and rhythms.

28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later (two movies, really good zombie virus movie in my opinion)

Shutter Island. This is a movie that will grip your expectation and perception toward the story characters. My favorite type of movie.

Batman Begins, The Dark Knight (two movies from a trilogy). The best superhero movie of all time imo. The dialogue and characterizations are amazing.

Inception. A movie that is real emotional and for the heart, but enveloped with sci fi.

La La Land. A revolutionary modern musical that makes your heart giddy with excitement and rhythms.
Shutter Island is so under appreciated. One of my fav movies

The Flu (2013) K-Movie.

Genres: Action, Thriller, Drama, Medical
Tags: Epidemic, Infectious Disease, Virus, Survival, Disaster

I decided to watch it since the whole Corona Virus thing started, it's really good. :blush:

Also, if you haven't watched Train to Busan yet (what are you waiting for? :hurry:), best Zombie movie and best Korean Movie ever. :datas:

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The Flu (2013) K-Movie.

Genres: Action, Thriller, Drama, Medical
Tags: Epidemic, Infectious Disease, Virus, Survival, Disaster

I decided to watch it since the whole Corona Virus thing started, it's really good. :blush:

Also, if you haven't watched Train to Busan yet (what are you waiting for? :hurry:), best Zombie movie and best Korean Movie ever. :datas:
Damn man you are fantastic

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'd like some movie recommendations, some thrillers and documentaries
Three Identical Strangers is a stunning doc about triplets who didn’t know they were separated at birth until they serendipitously found each other in college, and that’s only when it BEGINS to get fucking crazy. Cannot recommend highly enough.
Post automatically merged:

Also, finally got around to watching Jojo Rabbit today...never thought I’d describe a WWII story focused on the personal lives of the Hitler Youth as unbelievably heartwarming, nor did I anticipate saying that Taika Waititi deserved an Oscar nod for his portrayal of the Fuhrer, but both things are unassailably true.

I'm so much into historical and war movies. So here is my top 10 list:
1. Schindler's list ~> now this is a movie that you should definitely watch at least once in a lifetime. A true Story movie about a Nazi member that saved 1000 Jews in Germany during WW2
2. City of life and death ~> a Chinese movie about what happened in Nanking during Japanese occupation. The event is known as ' The rape of Nanking'.
3. Battle for Sevastopool ~> a Russian movie about a Woman that became a Sniper during WW2 and she had 309 confirmed kill.
4. The Admiral : Roaring Current ~> A Korean movie about Admiral Lee sun Shin, that won a battle with 13 navals on his side against 300 on the Japanese's side.
5. Hotel Rwanda ~> about a hotel manager that saved lives during the the civil war in Rwanda.
6. Maleena ~> Italian movie about a woman that needs to survive the poverty during WW2 bcs her husband went to war. (Monica belucci 😉)
7. Valkrye ~> a movie about a failed assassination attempt against Hitler.
8. Mongol ~> well I guess I don't need to explain this one lol. A movie about Gengis Khan definitely worth to watch.
9. The Pianist ~> a polish Jew survived the holocaust and the war on his own.
10. Kingdom of Heaven ~> movie about Crusaders when Saladin took over Jerusalem.