My Hero Academia Chapter 302 Spoilers Discussion

Super fast translation

Endeavor: From now on, I will not let the other kids approach Shouto. I'm always working so I can't look at them always, I've hired employees for that, don't take your eyes off Touya.

Rei: That kid only wants you to see him...

Endeavor: I only can show him the Hero world...

Rei: Hero? You are only running away...

-- 5 years later --

Fuyumi: Touya-nii, let's play!!

Touya: Yeah

Endeavor: Shouto, don't look at them. You live in a different world than theirs.

Shouto: Let me play with them at least once

Endeavor: No, let's train your output(<- not sure if this is correct in english)

---

Touya: Of coourse it was my fault that time..! Shouto didn't do anything bad but it's father's fault too! He doesn't pay attention to us because we are failures. Incredible isn't it? Making kids they don't need, this is the heroes of this era.

Natsu: Why don't you say that to where Big sis is sometimes?

Touya: Are you going rebuke me too!? Stop please! I'm telling this to you because you are the only one who can understand! You know it right? The womans of this house are all useless!

---

Rei: Wait, you are planning to go to the mountain again isn't it!? Try to play sometimes with your classmates

Touya: I don't need friends! We live in different worlds!

Rei: Touya, you... Do you really want to become a hero? I only see you as if you are suffering for being bind by your father... Touya... There are a lot of worlds and infinite options. It's not only your father, look outside...! I want you to find out what do you really want to beco-...

Touya: What the fuck do you know!? Did you read an education book or something...!? Since our grandparents were poor they sold you, right? You didn't have other options

Rei: Tou...

Touya: That's why I was born, isn't it!? You're supporting him too!

Rei: Touya

---

Touya: I see... It's a physical feature after all! Emotional excitement has a direct connection with the firepower! I'm incredible... Father will be surprised! But... for some reason when I get too excited tears come out, I tear up.

---

Touya: Father, come to the Sekoto mountain in your next holiday.

Endeavor: (Burn... He trained somewhere no one could see him...!) You again...!!

Touya: Something incredible happened! You must definitely come! Maybe not even Shouto could reach this...! I may not lose to All might eithere! Father, you will not have other options than to accept and think that it was a good thing you created me!

-------------

Endeavor: Why didn't you stop him, Rei!!! I did ask you!!!

Shouto: Don't hurt mom!! Stop, don't hurt her!

Endeavor: Shouto, get out. This has nothing to do with you!!

[Rei's flashback Touya: What the fuck do you know!?]

Rei: (My options were limited but I decided to move forward with my own legs, I thought I could at least smile after that... but) I can't stop him

----- END of todoroki family flashback-----

Rei: And... You didn't go

Touya in flashback: Don't come out, tears!!

Endeavor: I thought i would only add more fuel to the fire... No...

Touya in flashback: Damn it...

Endeavor: I didn't know how to talk to him...

Touya in flashback on fire: Fathe- Waah

Dabi: That was hot.

Touya in flashback: The flames don't stop

Dabi: Welp, that was deserved. No one told me how to increase the firepower

Endeavor(?): If I just gave up everything that day...

Endeavor: I couldn't step back after I killed Touya... I didn't have another option other than devote myself to Shouto...

Rei: After Touya disappeared... Seeing you getting worse was so repulsive... That I started seeing your face in the kids...

Fuyumi: Even knowing that it was breaking... I was so scared that i couldn't interfere... (I don't know how to say in english what Fuyumi says next)

Natsu: You started all and you are the main cause... but... If I just punch you and made you face Touya-nii... Then maybe Dabi wouldn't have been born and I would have invited Shouto to eat morisoba.

Rei: The responsibility is not only yours, in this case it's everyone's responsibility. Even if your heart is broken we will make it stand. You don't have another option than fighting Dabi.

Endeavor: Rei... Is that... really you?

Rei: He made friends in UA and tied us together. Shouto, became our(family's) hero.

Shouto: I talked with mom before coming here. I thought you wouldn't be able to fight more so I thought I'm the only one who can do it but... It seems i was wrong. Once you stop crying stand up, let's stop Touya-nii all together.

END

Last edited:
Touya: Something incredible happened! You must definitely come! Maybe not even Shouto could reach this...! I may not lose to All might eithere! Father, you will not have other options than to accept and think that it was a good thing you created me!
Depressing how he just wanted to be acknowledged and not feel worthless to his father. But Endeavor didn't have the emotional capability to help him and just blamed Rei.

Endeavor tried for years to get this dumb edgelord to realise he didn't need to be a hero to be loved by him.
Endeavors only problem is not sending this piece of shit to Tartarus after he tried to murder a baby.

Endeavor tried for years to get this dumb edgelord to realise he didn't need to be a hero to be loved by him.
Endeavors only problem is not sending this piece of shit to Tartarus after he tried to murder a baby.
Yeah, he expressed his love to him so much by neglecting him. Instead of talking to him maybe go to therapist, he tossed him aside. What a lovely father he is.

Yeah, he expressed his love to him so much by neglecting him. Instead of talking to him maybe go to therapist, he tossed him aside. What a lovely father he is.
"No matter what I say he comes with fresh burns every day"- In Endeavors mind he exhausted every option of trying to talking with Dabi, you can say he is retarded, you can't say he "neglected" him. Giving him attention spurred him on, ignoring him spurred him on, he was in a no win scenario due to Endeavor's obsessive personality being passed onto Dabi along with some psychosis. In Endeavors mind the only way to save Dabi was to create Shoto, but that backfired too.

As for whether professional therapy would work, that is dubious with Dabi's pigheadedness and is PIS related on both parents shoulders if they didn't try rather than a moral/character failing. I don't hear that being brought up as a regret or option in their memory of these events, they are putting the blame on themselves "for not understanding him", not "for not getting him professional help".
Post automatically merged:

Endy is obviously responsible

Touya being jealous of Shoto given the circumstances is completly normal.
Dabi was mentally screwed from the start.
Endeavor simply being a world famous super hero put a huge chip on his shoulder that talking to him and telling him that he didn't need to be a hero could not remove, Dabi had Endeavor's stubbornness but not his genetic superiority.
PIS is to blame that they didn't try to get him support items/ physical training to avoid him training unsupervised in the mountains. Talking was not working, so they needed to accept Dabi wanted to be a hero and help him do that as safely as possible.

Last edited:
"No matter what I say he comes with fresh burns every day"- In Endeavors mind he exhausted every option of trying to talking with Dabi, you can say he is retarded, you can't say he "neglected" him. Giving him attention spurred him on, ignoring him spurred him on, he was in a no win scenario due to Endeavor's obsessive personality being passed onto Dabi along with some psychosis. In Endeavors mind the only way to save Dabi was to create Shoto, but that backfired too.
"Let's replace this failure with perfect child". That's what Endeavour wanted. Touya just got tossed aside without any support.

"Let's replace this failure with perfect child". That's what Endeavour wanted. Touya just got tossed aside without any support.
Except last chapter it was explicitly stated that a primary reason he continued to look for the perfect child was to disuade Dabi from continuing the path he was on, after talk jutsu failed. "That's the only way to make him give up".

Endeavor was the 2nd strongest hero in the country risking his life every day to save the people of Japan, you can't put it all on him rather than his stay at home housewife, Endeavor tried and failed to talk Dabi around to the point he thought it was hopeless and thought time away from Dabi would be healthier than him seeing Endeavor who he excessively tried to emulate. Rei should have done a better job, as this was her main job and duty, but even then Dabi had a sexist view that women couldn't understand his situation so it is unlikely she could have brought him around either.

Is it PIS they didn't get support items for him to become a hero without burning himself? yes- but then again it was PIS for all of these heroes to use very minimal support items at all anyway, this line of thinking is not even on any of the characters radar so I don't think it is fair to hold it as their fault.