My Hero Academia Chapter 302 Spoilers Discussion

Endeavor tried for years to get this dumb edgelord to realise he didn't need to be a hero to be loved by him.
He literally didn't want to talk with him about it anymore, because he didn't know how to. Considering the fact he later avoided confronting Toya simply because he was avoiding the situation, doesn't suggest he was a good parent. Enji was very specifically shown and stated to be avoiding Toya.
Endeavors only problem is not sending this piece of shit to Tartarus after he tried to murder a baby.
The kid was 8 years old.

He literally didn't want to talk with him about it anymore, because he didn't know how to. Considering the fact he later avoided confronting Toya simply because he was avoiding the situation, doesn't suggest he was a good parent. Enji was very specifically shown and stated to be avoiding Toya.

The kid was 8 years old.
Well I was exaggerating about Tartarus, but he should have been in some sort of facility- even 5 years on Dabi doesn't see what he did as being as bad as what Endeavor is doing and is constantly playing the victim, in this chapter he is enraged his brother doesn't see himself as a victim too.
Dabi is the only one with the psychotic hate for the rest of his family.

Was Endeavor a great parent? No.
Was he some all encompasing abusive monster that the rest of the family portrayed him as? No. The first evil thing he did up until now was beat Rei after she failed to protect Dabi from himself.

You could say the parent of every villain has some small part to play, but the 99% of the blame should go with Dabi for refusing personal responsibility, ignoring the counsel of every member of his family and refusing to see the reality that his body could not handle the side effects of his quirk.

Well I was exaggerating about Tartarus, but he should have been in some sort of facility- even 5 years on Dabi doesn't see what he did as being as bad as what Endeavor is doing and is constantly playing the victim, in this chapter he is enraged his brother doesn't see himself as a victim too.
Dabi is the only one with the psychotic hate for the rest of his family.
His a literal child who feels like his father doesn't love him(which is reinforced by the fact that Endeavour spends all his time with Shoto and literally is too scared to actually confront Toya's feelings, partially because it would mean confronting his own obsession).

And yeah, he was right in acknowledging that what he did was bad, but what he did wasn't sustained. It was a bad moment of judgement from an 8 year old.

Yeah, they should have bothered to get him help, and Endeavour should have confronted not only Touya's obsession with being a hero, but also his own. That's why he chose to avoid Toya. He couldn't tell his son to stop being a great hero while all he ever pursued in life was to surpass All Might.
Was Endeavor a great parent? No.
Was he some all encompasing abusive monster that the rest of the family portrayed him as? No. The first evil thing he did up until now was beat Rei after she failed to protect Dabi from himself.
Bruh, he beat Rei and Shoto on a regular basis(Shoto during training), with the other siblings getting neglected or hiding in a corner as they listened to their father pelting the crap out of their mother.
You could say the parent of every villain has some small part to play, but the 99% of the blame should go with Dabi for refusing personal responsibility, ignoring the counsel of every member of his family and refusing to see the reality that his body could not handle the side effects of his quirk.
Bruh, he was 13. He was just a stupid kid who was seeking validation from his father.

Like, Dabi as an adult absolutely can and should be held accountable, but the literal reason Dabi burnt up was because Endeavour never bothered to teach him how to control his powers and he accidentally burnt to death completely unintentionally while having an emotional breakdown.

His a literal child who feels like his father doesn't love him(which is reinforced by the fact that Endeavour spends all his time with Shoto and literally is too scared to actually confront Toya's feelings, partially because it would mean confronting his own obsession).

And yeah, he was right in acknowledging that what he did was bad, but what he did wasn't sustained. It was a bad moment of judgement from an 8 year old.

Yeah, they should have bothered to get him help, and Endeavour should have confronted not only Touya's obsession with being a hero, but also his own. That's why he chose to avoid Toya. He couldn't tell his son to stop being a great hero while all he ever pursued in life was to surpass All Might.

Bruh, he beat Rei and Shoto on a regular basis(Shoto during training), with the other siblings getting neglected or hiding in a corner as they listened to their father pelting the crap out of their mother.

Bruh, he was 13. He was just a stupid kid who was seeking validation from his father.

Like, Dabi as an adult absolutely can and should be held accountable, but the literal reason Dabi burnt up was because Endeavour never bothered to teach him how to control his powers and he accidentally burnt to death completely unintentionally while having an emotional breakdown.
Endeavor has told Dabi multiple times to the point he believes nothing can be done to shake him out of his obsession. It's not a love issue, it's a pride issue on Dabi's part.

Endeavor giving up on his own motivation means he would have been killed in his extreme diff fights. Endeavor DID tell him to give up, multiple times, but Dabi had the same personality trait without the talent. If All Might didn't have the freakish trait he was given Endeavor WOULD have already been Japan's strongest already.

Attempted murder of your baby brother is an almost unforgivable sin and we still hear that he is "looking at him evily" so no real repentance there.

Training beating in a battle manga isn't proper abuse imo. Was he beating Rei on the regular before this incident? I don't think so. That's how it was originally portrayed when we weren't meant to sympathize with Endeavor, but it doesn't line up with this flashback at all.

There is no "controlling" his powers, his physique is not designed for his powers to be used, he would need specific tech to circumvent that.

Endeavor has told Dabi multiple times to the point he believes nothing can be done to shake him out of his obsession. It's not a love issue, it's a pride issue on Dabi's part.

Endeavor giving up on his own motivation means he would have been killed in his extreme diff fights. Endeavor DID tell him to give up, multiple times, but Dabi had the same personality trait without the talent. If All Might didn't have the freakish trait he was given Endeavor WOULD have already been Japan's strongest already.
Touya didn't buy Endeavour's "there are other things than just being a hero", because Endeavour himself didn't buy that. It was in fact the reason he gave to Touya and the others. Touya simply caught onto that fact, and was calling Endeavour out on his bullshit.

If there was more to life than the world of heroes, then why was that the only thing his father cared about?

Touya felt obligated to enter that world because he believed that was the only way to get his father's approval again. Due to his hero work, and spending all his time with Shoto, he never had the time or care to give any of his other children his approval. That's why he felt he was being tossed aside.

By that stretch, Endeavour should also have given up being number 1 or devoting himself to surpassing All Might, because although it didn't hurt him physically, his singular desire to surpass all might destroyed nearly every single relationship that Endeavour had in his life.

Attempted murder of your baby brother is an almost unforgivable sin and we still hear that he is "looking at him evily" so no real repentance there.
His 8 years old. Bruh, how smart do you think children are? Children do not have functioning senses of morality in the same way adults do. Hell, even teenagers lash out. Like, yes, this is fiction, but have people forgotten what it was like to be a child?

Training beating in a battle manga isn't proper abuse imo. Was he beating Rei on the regular before this incident? I don't think so. That's how it was originally portrayed when we weren't meant to sympathize with Endeavor, but it doesn't line up with this flashback at all.
Bruh, SHOTO WAS 5 YEARS OLD! And not just that, but Shoto didn't want to do the training. He wanted to play with his siblings. Endeavour was actively forcing him to train his quirk. Yes, that's very clearly him being abusive.

He was beating up Rei because Rei was trying to protect Shoto during Endeavour's training.
There is no "controlling" his powers, his physique is not designed for his powers to be used, he would need specific tech to circumvent that.
The irony is, Endeavour taught him how to use his powers that way to begin with, and it was Endeavour's own lessons, and own lack of responsibility to actually go and see his son that resulted in Toya burning to death.

Like, that scene is very clearly played as Endeavour's fault. It was stated that it was Endeavour's day off, the only reason he didn't go to see Toya, was because he didn't believe he could talk to him.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
You tried to kill me ?
@Le Fishe D. Crydo

Me, your little brother ...
This has no forgiveness ...catdedcatdedcatded

YOU JUST FATHER TOOL YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ONLY I THE TRUE FISH THIS MY DREAM WHY FATHER FAVOUR YOU AHHHHH I'M SO SALTY THIS HURT IN MY INJURED EGO WHY YOU DON'T DIE ALREADY SO FATHER COULD'VE LOOK ON ME WAIT IT WAS FATHER FAULT TOO I GUESS I NEED TO KILL FATHER AS WELL BUT ALSO YOU BECAUSE I'M STILL SALTY AF