Versus Battle My Hero Academia vs Black Clover

The point of this topic is not which series you think is better, but simply which certain aspects in the series you like more.

Also this topic is only for those who read both series.

Now with that out of the way, let's get started.

Which do you like more?

Main Character

Other Characters

Story

World

Villains/Antagonists

Last edited:
Mha is better imo
Bc't fast pacing is an issue for me becuase it's always moving to the next thing and doesn't allow you to connect with the characters and the story the way you want
Mha on the otherhand has a very good pacing most of the times but has filler shit like class B training that make you wanna die for a couple months :zosleepy:
Bc has better fights
Mha has better characters
Even if you have more cool or funny characters in Bc they are almost always not as good or deep as the ones in Mha like Endy, Bakugo, Shigaraki... even if Asta is better than Deku himself

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I am not caught up to MHA, I do know most of the things lol and got spoiled on some.

Which do you like more?
So far Black Clover. But tbh I am only on episode 50 of MHA.

I prefer Asta over Deku. Yes Asta can be annoying but I like him much more than Deku. And from what I've heard Deku becomes only more and more annoying.

Definitely BC so far.

Julius/Yami>any of the characters in MHA.
Both of them easily>>>>>All Might

Bakugo>=Yuno tho.

Noelle>>>Ochako.

Mereoleona> any female in MHA, even Momo and Midnight.

But overall I prefer the other characters in BC.
Julius, Yami, Noelle, Jack, Mereoleona, Mars etc.

Depends on what you mean when you say this. The premise or how it is developed thus far? Either way I think both are very interesting and both are things I enjoy, magic and superheroes.

I don't know much about the MHA world so BC by default.

Villains/Antagonists
I love Dabi and I like Shigaraki, and I heard Overhaul is amazing, so might choose them for this category.

But Zenon, early Mars and Vanica hard carry BC here. Zagreed is also interesting but I prefer the aforementioned.

Last edited:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Black Clover Co Cast >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything in MHA.

Asta > Deku as an MC.

World Building? = more or less similar. Nothing too much although Black Clover locations are more appreciated by me because of the looks and architecture. MHA only has cities at best with some exceptions.

Villains? Black Clover easily.

Zagred alone >>>>>>> AFO in terms of planning and scheming.

MHA had gone through a very significant development storytelling-wise. In earliest parts of the manga, i saw overblown infodumps from a char every time another character used his/her ability spanning so many panels of telling while neglecting showing.

Starting from a certain point, i don't remember when - maybe happened after the tournament arc? - the author started to become smoother in hyping and explaining the battle scenes. The cliches become more original and relatable, as the dialogues and ideological clashes become more efficient without dragging or over-infodumping. So in effect, the characters and story are fleshed out in more and more natural way. It feels more organic currently imo.

It's a game-changer for me if compared to Black Clover, since imo Black Clover is currently still filled with so many shonen cliches, shoutings and cringe-to-the-brim quotes, especially if the protagonists involved, sorry.

Main Character
For the main character, I like both but if I had to choose one I'll go with Asta.

Other Characters
It goes either way, for example I like Noelle more than Ochaco, but I like Bakugo more than Yuno.

I like the story in MHA more.

I like the world in Black Clover more.

Villains/Antagonists
I like the villains/antagonists more in MHA, I never found any of the villains in Black Clover interesting with the exception of the Dark Triad and Zagred.

Last edited:
MHA had gone through a very significant development storytelling-wise. In earliest parts of the manga, i saw overblown infodumps from a char every time another character used his/her ability spanning so many panels of telling while neglecting showing.

Starting from a certain point, i don't remember when - maybe happened after the tournament arc? - the author started to become smoother in hyping and explaining the battle scenes. The cliches become more original and relatable, as the dialogues and ideological clashes become more efficient without dragging or over-infodumping. So in effect, the characters and story are fleshed out in more and more natural way. It feels more organic currently imo.

It's a game-changer for me if compared to Black Clover, since imo Black Clover is currently still filled with so many shonen cliches, shoutings and cringe-to-the-brim quotes, especially if the protagonists involved, sorry.
this 💯💯💯