My Problem with femminist media types

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
According to Law rich also need to pay the taxes and that rarely happens. Upholding the law is what matters, and judging from report from UNICEF
The rich do pay taxes. They often avoid it using loopholes to their advantage but it doesn't change the fact that they have to pay it and the rules are upheld by law. Bad people are everywhere, and you're punished if you're caught in tax evasion.

"Globally girls have higher survival rates at birth, are more likely to be developmentally on track, and just as likely to participate in preschool, but India is the only large country where more girls die than boys. Girls are also more likely to drop out of school.
This used to be a thing a while back but not anymore. The killing of a girl child is illegal and you're not even allowed to know the gender until the birth in India. It's practically impossible for an average Indian even if he tries to learn it illegally. The same goes for girls' education too. There are loads of reforms to uphold girls' education.

I'd say you should take these surveys with a grain of salt because the samples aren't checked on a wider scale given how big our population is. For instance, the Indian government gives free rice(costs around $0.024/kg, so practically free) to around 80+ crore people, which is almost 70% of our population but we rank at 115+ in the global hunger index below countries like Sri Lanka, where they don't even food to eat. I don't know how that shit even makes sense.

In India girls and boys experience adolescence differently. While boys tend to experience greater freedom, girls tend to face extensive limitations on their ability to move freely and to make decisions affecting their work, education, marriage and social relationships.
This is mostly due to social norms and bad situations in society. It has nothing to do with them having no rights or getting oppressed. We have to be practical and live in accordance with the reality of the circumstances regardless of what the law says. Bad people are everywhere in the world, and women can't fend for themselves in most situations due to biological restrictions, so their moments are often restricted to protect them, not to oppress them.

I am a man who lifts regularly, if I wanna go out alone in the middle of the night, my mom wouldn't allow me. I don't even live in a bad locality. Also, kids misuse their freedom and do nasty things—both girls and boys. Boys get a free pass because they either take responsibility for their mistakes or fend for themselves while girls depend on their parents for everything, so they're more restricted. Basically, boys have more freedom and way more responsibility while girls have less freedom and almost no responsibilities.

As for things like work, marriage, and social relationships, it happens to men too but they're not often addressed at a large scale. For example, only women are seen as victims of an arranged marriage when the man is just as clueless about the girl. These things are mostly seen from female lenses and exaggerated to blow things out of proportion. While I don't deny there are women(and men) who suffer due to arranged marriages, most women dump their lovers for an arranged marriage because it offers a secure life. 8/10 times girls use their parents as an excuse to get rid of the guy they're in a relationship with.

Basically, they want the freedom to choose but they don't want to work for it and build a better life with the partner of their choice. If the guy of the women's choice is well-settled, most parents welcome the marriage sooner or later even if they oppose it at first.

Another thing that doesn't get addressed is that kids depend way too much on their parents in India so that kinda gives the parents more entitlement and they think it's okay for them to be making decisions because they literally fund everything. Indian kids don't move out of their houses to live on their own after turning 18.

They depend on their parents for their education, shelter, food, clothes, and health even when they could become independent. Your parents fund your marriage and fund your child's birth. They finance everything from the bed you sleep on to the cup you drink coffee in when you decided to start a new one with your new partner. Children think they're entitled to inherit and enjoy everything their parents earned in their life as well as everything they inherited from their parents. So it's not as black and white as people paint it online. The parents are unfairly antagonized in most cases.

As girls and boys age the gender barriers continue to expand and continue into adulthood where we see only a quarter of women in the formal workplace.
Again, this has nothing to do with female oppression but the kind of choices these genders make. Contrary to the popular belief, most Indian women prefer the role of stay-at-home moms. And it's not only because they're hardwired to be housewives. Most women in low-income families—who're more prone to this kind of manipulation—work because they need two incomes just to go by while the educated middle-class women don't want to work, but they also don't wanna play the traditional role of stay-at-home wife. Only a selected few among the educated women chose careers over families. You only hear their voices online because only they're on social media to talk about it.

There are risks, violations and vulnerabilities girls face just because they are girls. Most of these risks are directly linked to the economic, political, social and cultural disadvantages girls deal with in their daily lives. This becomes acute during crisis and disasters.
With the prevalence of gender discrimination, and social norms and practices, girls become exposed to the possibility of child marriage, teenage pregnancy, child domestic work, poor education and health, sexual abuse, exploitation and violence. Many of these manifestations will not change unless girls are valued more. Sure Laws exist, but when you look at quality of life you can really tell how much same laws are upheld
I don't deny India has some of these problems while others are mostly exaggerations or not addressed correctly but I don't think you can equate being victims with not having rights. There are female victims of different issues even in the most developed and egalitarian countries in the world but I don't think that means they don't have rights. It just means we'll always have bad things happening to us. That doesn't mean we can thrive for a better and equal society though.

As someone who lives in India, I can confirm people are changing for the better. Child marriages are almost delimited. Poor education and health are general issues faced by all—it's not women or girls exclusive. Sexual abuse is a serious issue but it's everywhere in the world I can confirm no mother in India raises her son to be a rapist or sexual abuser, and no father in India wants his daughter to be a victim.

Child labor is banned in India but it's not eradicated. A lot of reforms are made and are being made to get more poor kids into schools. We have free education at the school level all over India—girl education is especially encouraged. My state in particular pays poor parents for sending their kids to school on top of offering free uniforms, books, stationery, etc. Kids are also fed at schools.

Girls are valued way more than ever now in India. We're a population of almost 1.4 billion. Almost half of us are men, the bad men that are associated with anti-girl/women stuff are a tiny little minority but they receive a lot of attention because, like anywhere else in the world, women's issues receive more attention and become viral easily. Your average Indian father loves his daughter way more than his sons—I think this is universal. Your average man is told not to raise his hand against a woman—you're shamed if you hit a woman. Not even parents generally hit a girl child even when they're trying to discipline her. Even when they're hit, you can be sure it's the mother who hits, not the father.

See, hitting kids to discipline them in Asian homes is a common practice. My brother is over 30 with two girls and my mom still hits him if he makes a mistake. I've never seen her raise her hand against my nieces no matter how badly they behave. We used to get beaten just for making noise from chewing food lmfao.

And in the same marriage as seen above men still have more freedom.
No, we don't. Responsibilities far outweigh freedom for men.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
The rich do pay taxes. They often avoid it using loopholes to their advantage but it doesn't change the fact that they have to pay it and the rules are upheld by law. Bad people are everywhere, and you're punished if you're caught in tax evasion.

This used to be a thing a while back but not anymore. The killing of a girl child is illegal and you're not even allowed to know the gender until the birth in India. It's practically impossible for an average Indian even if he tries to learn it illegally. The same goes for girls' education too. There are loads of reforms to uphold girls' education.

I'd say you should take these surveys with a grain of salt because the samples aren't checked on a wider scale given how big our population is. For instance, the Indian government gives free rice(costs around $0.024/kg, so practically free) to around 80+ crore people, which is almost 70% of our population but we rank at 115+ in the global hunger index below countries like Sri Lanka, where they don't even food to eat. I don't know how that shit even makes sense.

This is mostly due to social norms and bad situations in society. It has nothing to do with them having no rights or getting oppressed. We have to be practical and live in accordance with the reality of the circumstances regardless of what the law says. Bad people are everywhere in the world, and women can't fend for themselves in most situations due to biological restrictions, so their moments are often restricted to protect them, not to oppress them.

I am a man who lifts regularly, if I wanna go out alone in the middle of the night, my mom wouldn't allow me. I don't even live in a bad locality. Also, kids misuse their freedom and do nasty things—both girls and boys. Boys get a free pass because they either take responsibility for their mistakes or fend for themselves while girls depend on their parents for everything, so they're more restricted. Basically, boys have more freedom and way more responsibility while girls have less freedom and almost no responsibilities.

As for things like work, marriage, and social relationships, it happens to men too but they're not often addressed at a large scale. For example, only women are seen as victims of an arranged marriage when the man is just as clueless about the girl. These things are mostly seen from female lenses and exaggerated to blow things out of proportion. While I don't deny there are women(and men) who suffer due to arranged marriages, most women dump their lovers for an arranged marriage because it offers a secure life. 8/10 times girls use their parents as an excuse to get rid of the guy they're in a relationship with.

Basically, they want the freedom to choose but they don't want to work for it and build a better life with the partner of their choice. If the guy of the women's choice is well-settled, most parents welcome the marriage sooner or later even if they oppose it at first.

Another thing that doesn't get addressed is that kids depend way too much on their parents in India so that kinda gives the parents more entitlement and they think it's okay for them to be making decisions because they literally fund everything. Indian kids don't move out of their houses to live on their own after turning 18.

They depend on their parents for their education, shelter, food, clothes, and health even when they could become independent. Your parents fund your marriage and fund your child's birth. They finance everything from the bed you sleep on to the cup you drink coffee in when you decided to start a new one with your new partner. Children think they're entitled to inherit and enjoy everything their parents earned in their life as well as everything they inherited from their parents. So it's not as black and white as people paint it online. The parents are unfairly antagonized in most cases.

Again, this has nothing to do with female oppression but the kind of choices these genders make. Contrary to the popular belief, most Indian women prefer the role of stay-at-home moms. And it's not only because they're hardwired to be housewives. Most women in low-income families—who're more prone to this kind of manipulation—work because they need two incomes just to go by while the educated middle-class women don't want to work, but they also don't wanna play the traditional role of stay-at-home wife. Only a selected few among the educated women chose careers over families. You only hear their voices online because only they're on social media to talk about it.

I don't deny India has some of these problems while others are mostly exaggerations or not addressed correctly but I don't think you can equate being victims with not having rights. There are female victims of different issues even in the most developed and egalitarian countries in the world but I don't think that means they don't have rights. It just means we'll always have bad things happening to us. That doesn't mean we can thrive for a better and equal society though.

As someone who lives in India, I can confirm people are changing for the better. Child marriages are almost delimited. Poor education and health are general issues faced by all—it's not women or girls exclusive. Sexual abuse is a serious issue but it's everywhere in the world I can confirm no mother in India raises her son to be a rapist or sexual abuser, and no father in India wants his daughter to be a victim.

Child labor is banned in India but it's not eradicated. A lot of reforms are made and are being made to get more poor kids into schools. We have free education at the school level all over India—girl education is especially encouraged. My state in particular pays poor parents for sending their kids to school on top of offering free uniforms, books, stationery, etc. Kids are also fed at schools.

Girls are valued way more than ever now in India. We're a population of almost 1.4 billion. Almost half of us are men, the bad men that are associated with anti-girl/women stuff are a tiny little minority but they receive a lot of attention because, like anywhere else in the world, women's issues receive more attention and become viral easily. Your average Indian father loves his daughter way more than his sons—I think this is universal. Your average man is told not to raise his hand against a woman—you're shamed if you hit a woman. Not even parents generally hit a girl child even when they're trying to discipline her. Even when they're hit, you can be sure it's the mother who hits, not the father.

See, hitting kids to discipline them in Asian homes is a common practice. My brother is over 30 with two girls and my mom still hits him if he makes a mistake. I've never seen her raise her hand against my nieces no matter how badly they behave. We used to get beaten just for making noise from chewing food lmfao.

I am a man who lifts regularly, if I wanna go out alone in the middle of the night, my mom wouldn't allow me. I don't even live in a bad locality. Also, kids misuse their freedom and do nasty things—both girls and boys. Boys get a free pass because they either take responsibility for their mistakes or fend for themselves while girls depend on their parents for everything, so they're more restricted. Basically, boys have more freedom and way more responsibility while girls have less freedom and almost no responsibilities
A lot of Westerners living in First World countries simply cannot relate to how much responsibility gets shoved on Men in most of the world.

It's why when talking about for example Japan's Birth crisis they focus on women's rights and on a tiny minority of NEETs as if those Touhou loving losers are a major factor and never focus on the fact that being a married guy in East Asian societies fucking sucks and most guys in their 30s there saw their fathers torture themselves at work for Heavily demanding wives who control the finances and decided they didn't want that.

Being a guy in most conservative cultures isn't easy mode by any means

You have a point on parents protecting child girls,i don't ever remember seeing my sister getting hit not even once.While i got beat up just by being accused by her.She stopped doing that because i told her i would beat her very badly the next time it happened and we were home alone.Girls have an easier time globally,society protect women.As i said men are expected to be the providers and protectors,if you are not,then you are a weak men in society's eyes.It is what it is.
Post automatically merged:

Bc NAfrican immigrants?
Good question.I heard that French men are very agressive while approaching woman.

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy

From what i read and could remember - India is like a teen child still figuring out what to do and how to do it right.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
A lot of Westerners living in First World countries simply cannot relate to how much responsibility gets shoved on Men in most of the world.

It's why when talking about for example Japan's Birth crisis they focus on women's rights and on a tiny minority of NEETs as if those Touhou loving losers are a major factor and never focus on the fact that being a married guy in East Asian societies fucking sucks and most guys in their 30s there saw their fathers torture themselves at work for Heavily demanding wives who control the finances and decided they didn't want that. Being a guy in most conservative cultures isn't easy mode by any means
Yup. Personally, oppressing women at my home is the last thing I'd care about when I used to travel 4 hours a day to work for 8 hours a day to provide for my family.