General & Others Naruto General

Best Mangekyou Sharingan?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
That's my fav role play blog! Some highlights:

Kakashi is a hilarious choice for an RP blog because he's been so heavily traumatized but he's such a loyal ninja, so how does he cope? With weed, nicotine gum, and the Sims.

The Leaf treated him like a machine for so many years and just expected him to function no matter what had happened. They broke him at a really early age and created a weird existentialist adult who never had the chance to live a normal life, even for a ninja. No family, no romance-- we hardly see where he lives or what he likes to do, so he's a fun character to put in weird situations. Also, I sent the Akamaru one xD
That's one element of the show that's always overlooked, especially in the cases for older generations. Shinobi graduated the academy earlier in the past (RIn/Kakashi/Obito all seemingly graduated before 12) and most of the last 50~ years has been intensive, multi-national war on all fronts. Kakashi is just another victim in the long line of victims, though I think his own trauma gets slept on a lot. His dad killed himself after being ridiculed as a traitor, his only friends die (one by his own hands) and his sensei passes soon after.

Then he's in ANBU for years, handling dirty missions and operating with a limited identity. It's surprising he's as go lucky as he is.

W

wordyworm

I like Sarada and wished she were part of a much better series, tbh.
Yes, and Sarada actually has a legit reason for wanting to be Hokage and is capable and smart. Contrasted with young Naruto, who really didn't know why he wanted to be Hokage, just that he really really really wanted to do it. Then he later decided he had to bc of his mom and dad, and he just wanted respect from the Leaf villagers. Those aren't exactly great reasons to seek leadership.

Luffy at least explained why he wants to be PK in a way that's simple and makes sense. Naruto's reasoning was just "dunno, but I want it." Sarada has like 20-year goals and plans and shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I wish Kimimaro had a bigger role in the series. Direct connection to the Kaguya, good bloodline, rumored to be capable of fighting on the level of a Kage (not even Kakashi could stand up to Orochimaru back then) and he just... Died.
Yes, and Sarada actually has a legit reason for wanting to be Hokage and is capable and smart. Contrasted with young Naruto, who really didn't know why he wanted to be Hokage, just that he really really really wanted to do it. Then he later decided he had to bc of his mom and dad, and he just wanted respect from the Leaf villagers. Those aren't exactly great reasons to seek leadership.

Luffy at least explained why he wants to be PK in a way that's simple and makes sense. Naruto's reasoning was just "dunno, but I want it." Sarada has like 20-year goals and plans and shit.
To be fair to Naruto, he made his dream as a kid, wanting to be recognized and acknowledged by the village. The Hokage's office was the way to be recognized by everyone. And his ninja way sort of forced him on that path. I think it's a good reason to be military dictator, tbh.

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
I wish Kimimaro had a bigger role in the series. Direct connection to the Kaguya, good bloodline, rumored to be capable of fighting on the level of a Kage (not even Kakashi could stand up to Orochimaru back then) and he just... Died.
Always good to see Kimimaro shown some love, tho I feel where you coming from. Kishimoto did that man so dirty(I know he was terminal) like he got beat by his own disease not even Gaara could put that man down. Low key wish he was in tha Chuunin Exams

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
:lusalty: WTH, I never got a notification for this thread.

So what was your favorite village?

I gotta go with the Mist. Some of the best characters in the series came from that village. Zabuza, Kisame, Haku, Ao, Chojuro, Mei/previous Mizukages, that slug Juchuriki guy, and the Seven Swordsman were all pretty dope. Suigetsu was kinda annoying though.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

I gotta go with the Mist. Some of the best characters in the series came from that village. Zabuza, Kisame, Haku, Ao, Chojuro, Mei/previous Mizukages, that slug Juchuriki guy, and the Seven Swordsman were all pretty dope. Suigetsu was kinda annoying though.
Kirigakure. It's got a rich history in the show already with the Graduation Ceremony, the Bloodmist period itself, the caste system. And the characters who come out of it are some of the shows' best.

But I love the Otogakure unis in Part 1.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern

The Rock Village because of this guy:steef::finally:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony

Pretty typical, but I'd have to go with Konohagakure. And not just because most of the main cast is from there, but also because I love its indepth history and infighting. The Shinobi system really was fleshed out through it. I found Hiruzen more interesting after learning how badly he mismanaged internal matters and scapegoated them onto Danzo. Set him apart from the cliched old man figure who has all the answers.