Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

• Atlanta Hawks

• Sacramento Kings

• Total voters
Also, that fat fuck Perkins who has a vote was crying that this is racist that Jokić kept winning:suresure:
Realistically, without even looking too deep into it, Embiid didnt deserve it. Based on their own criteria lol:

Historic season statistically - all 3 arguably
Top seed in conference - Jokic and Giannis
Top seed in the league - Giannis
Win% with them playing - Giannis 74.6% > Jokic 69.6% > Embiid 65.2%
Team record with them out - 76ers 11-5 > Bucks 11-8 > Nuggets 5-8
All advanced stats - Jokic

On nba.com's Race to MVP, Jokic was leading the whole year. The first time Embiid got the top spot was, you guessed it, days after Perkins made those stupid comments. Add to that his constant whining, "voters fatigue" as both Giannis and Jokic have 2 already and Embiid not winning yet, and these voters not really knowing the game well but simply going with the popular narrative, you then get this mess. Luckily there is a obvious choice most years (atleast for MVP) so they get it right more often than not. But that doesnt mean most of them shouldnt really vote

lakers win the finals

ad wins the finals mvp

mj lebron debate is now 6 finals mvp to 4 finals mvp with lebron

sivler isn't slick
If lebron wins the title in year 20 after starting 2-10 and breaking the scoring record, even if he don’t win FMVP I think a lotta ppls opinion on the GOAT debate gonna shift

think a lotta ppls opinion on the GOAT debate gonna shift
Not a lot, no one opions will really change

espically if lebron wins in year 20

it will basically be oh it took bron 20 years to win 5 chips and only has 4 fmvp. as for me don't have a goat, but mj advanced stats are actually crazy but I was watching bron/curry

Not a lot, no one opions will really change

espically if lebron wins in year 20

it will basically be oh it took bron 20 years to win 5 chips and only has 4 fmvp. as for me don't have a goat, but mj advanced stats are actually crazy but I was watching bron/curry
most advanced analytics suck anyway/are just aggregates of box score numbers.

personally i have lebron as the GOAT because i believe he peaked just as high as jordan did, if not slightly below or above, and has maintained an elite level of play longer than anyone in history. plus I also believe he's the greatest floor raiser ever, the most complete player ever, and at worst a top 2 clutch player ever.

rings/accolades have never affected my opinions too much because

1. to win a championship, theres so many things that have to go right outside of an individuals control
2. most media awards are stupid and narrative driven anyway. the fact that not one, but 3 guards have won dpoy in nba history but Duncan never won one is absurd. kobe was getting all def selections even in the early 2010s, which phil jackson himself admitted were based on reputation, not actual level of play. and theres been many MVP robberies as well.

so for me i just toss all that and look at what you can actually do on a basketball court

I'm pretty sure every great player wants to win the MVP. Giannis just talked about still wanting to win MVP recently. He had the stats to back it this season and he's trying to play in game 2 even though he could've rested for 5 more days 'till game 3 so I don't know if he's worrying about the wrong things here.
Post automatically merged:

I can't believe this is real :whitepress:

Dude a Stalker for real

im ngl if this lakers warriors series goes to 7 i think denver might smoke whoever wins it
Yea I was already predicting Denver or Warriors to come out of the west. Suns getting a whooping isn't surprising to me. Seeing Warriors struggle to deal with Anthony means that they are screwed against Joker. Splash bros raining threes may help, you never know though.

Realistically, without even looking too deep into it, Embiid didnt deserve it. Based on their own criteria lol:

Historic season statistically - all 3 arguably
Top seed in conference - Jokic and Giannis
Top seed in the league - Giannis
Win% with them playing - Giannis 74.6% > Jokic 69.6% > Embiid 65.2%
Team record with them out - 76ers 11-5 > Bucks 11-8 > Nuggets 5-8
All advanced stats - Jokic

On nba.com's Race to MVP, Jokic was leading the whole year. The first time Embiid got the top spot was, you guessed it, days after Perkins made those stupid comments. Add to that his constant whining, "voters fatigue" as both Giannis and Jokic have 2 already and Embiid not winning yet, and these voters not really knowing the game well but simply going with the popular narrative, you then get this mess. Luckily there is a obvious choice most years (atleast for MVP) so they get it right more often than not. But that doesnt mean most of them shouldnt really vote
You could say that although based on that criteria, Embiid should've gotten Jokic's 1st MVP because they were the #1 team in the East and his team has had a better record in the last 3 seasons, which includes this season. I'm also pretty sure when Perkins made those comments that Philly had the toughest schedule remaining and it went as well as they could've hoped while Jokic had his worst moments near the end of the season when pretty much everyone said the MVP will come down near the end of the season.

Honestly, I love that Kendrick Perkins became the most influential voter for Embiid... EVEN THOUGH HE VOTED FOR GIANNIS AS MVP because Embiid missed the DEN game. I can actually respect that lol

I don't even know, man. He's apparently been doing this for 40 years. Did he not have any self-awareness when he wrote it? :lusalty:

Last edited:
Yea I was already predicting Denver or Warriors to come out of the west. Suns getting a whooping isn't surprising to me. Seeing Warriors struggle to deal with Anthony means that they are screwed against Joker. Splash bros raining threes may help, you never know though.
Yeah I already knew Jokic was gonna score at will, the question will be if/how denver will deal with GSW putting Jokic in the PnR. Of course assuming they advance.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
It's AD's defensive presence in the paint which is the far bigger problem for the Warriors atm, Jokic doesn't present the same issue.

Lebron is also helping clog the paint. Warriors had the paint taken away from them completely, forced to chuck 3s, almost beat the Lakers just doing that alone, but it's not reliable in the long run. It'll be interesting to see how they counter.

You could say that although based on that criteria, Embiid should've gotten Jokic's 1st MVP because they were the #1 team in the East and his team has had a better record in the last 3 seasons, which includes this season. I'm also pretty sure when Perkins made those comments that Philly had the toughest schedule remaining and it went as well as they could've hoped while Jokic had his worst moments near the end of the season when pretty much everyone said the MVP will come down near the end of the season.

Honestly, I love that Kendrick Perkins became the most influential voter for Embiid... EVEN THOUGH HE VOTED FOR GIANNIS AS MVP because Embiid missed the DEN game. I can actually respect that lol

I don't even know, man. He's apparently been doing this for 40 years. Did he not have any self-awareness when he wrote it? :lusalty:
Team record is not the only argument tho, there is exceptions. Like Jokic playing last season without his 2nd and 3rd guy, stuff like that elevates ones case. In 2021 an argument can be made for Paul who transformed the Suns into a contender after they were a lottery team for a long time. Id have to look more into those seasons but i dont remember having the feeling of Embiid being snubbed either time, and i followed each season

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I try not to complain about refs but that 2nd quarter was comical. I've never seen a more obvious blocking call, than the one on LBJ, Stevie Wonder could get that right 😂. And then Steph isn't allowed to breath on a player on the other end, like if Refs are calling ticky tack fouls for a superstar it's pretty much confirmation it's targeted.