New Forum Rating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
we wanted suggestions

so no one has anything else to say??
On a new system?

My proposal was the medal system.

An ensemble of members judges members by the quality of their posts and specific medals can be obtained under proper conducts.

High effort posts, content creation, mafia achievements... all of these could be inducted.

Also an overall proper forum behaviour must be observed too.

The current like system could be either abolished or rendered innocuous by labeling it "Reaction Score" or something else appearing very neutral to the eyes of any beholder.

On a new system?

My proposal was the medal system.

An ensemble of members judges members by the quality of their posts and specific medals can be obtained under proper conducts.

High effort posts, content creation, mafia achievements... all of these could be inducted.

Also an overall proper forum behaviour must be observed too.

The current like system could be either abolished or rendered innocuous by labeling it "Reaction Score" or something else appearing very neutral to the eyes of any beholder.
Basically you are requesting an overhaul on the whole messages : likes ratio with a system for rewards based on that right? That would require a possible huge Forum overhaul/update which iirc has already occured when the forum moved over to XenForo.

With the whole efficient posts that wouldn't just affect you, because from the examples above and your tone in this entire thread its all "you, you and you!" Or would you prefer the Staff members becoming more strict? If so that would require they toughen up and not only you will be subjective to this but the entire forum community itself.

With what it is, why break something that works to change it for "you"

Basically you are requesting an overhaul on the whole messages : likes ratio with a system for rewards based on that right? That would require a possible huge Forum overhaul/update which iirc has already occured when the forum moved over to XenForo.

With the whole efficient posts that wouldn't just affect you, because from the examples above and your tone in this entire thread its all "you, you and you!" Or would you prefer the Staff members becoming more strict? If so that would require they toughen up and not only you will be subjective to this but the entire forum community itself.

With what it is, why break something that works to change it for "you"
This thread is not about me, my friend.

I'm the one sitting on top of the leaderboard chain, but one day it could be a different spammer. There are different spammers on these forums and it's of no surprise for how mammoth-like the content posted here daily is.

Perhaps I will have had enough of the forums and deleted my account, perhaps I will have diminished my time spent or my passion will have diminished.

These are hypothetical scenarios.

The logical error is to believe I want a system just because the issue is only about me and my own position.

Moreover, of course inducting a new system is no ordinary matter and it requires effort and an accurate manufacture, but drawing up something better than a controversial system isn't going to hurt the forum, but only objectively augment its overall quality.

It's up to the staff members now to decide what's better for all of us, I presented my idea in that I wholly and deeply trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.