Announcement New Rule: Udon Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 83

Good! Now, sent rebornimformer to Udon prison to train his future sight haki so that he can come up with real spoilers before spoiler day.

:goyea:
Your observation haki is already strong enough....I’m the one that needs training/dango.
I do want to try out this system and maybe stay in the Prison from time to time, any suggestions? @Bogard

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Udon Prison System:

This is an invisible section in the forum where users will be sent when their warning points have reached certain levels. It is only visible to staff members and Udon Prisoners.

They will still be able to see the whole forum, but will have their posting privileges limited only within the prison.
I really like this idea, it allows us to maintain a community of active posters while simultaneously encouraging problem posters to change their behavior.

50 warning points - the user will be permanently banned
This is the only concept that bothers me @Bogard @TheAncientCenturion @Gol D. Roger @Pantheos , and I hope you guys will hear me out as I make my case against the idea of permanently banning individuals from this forum.

First up, I don’t think permanent bans should never be used, obviously there are cases like maliciously created alts, people wanting to dox other users, people trying to expose other user’s private/real life info, etc. where permanent bans are necessary.

In the case of how OJ for example was implementing perma bans, they actually lead to the eventual downfall of OJ.

The primary reason OJ failed as a forum is because the mods got too ban happy and

A) banned the wrong people because they were unable to distinguish people who wanted to see legitimate discussion from actual trolls

B) banned so many active members of their community that the costs of maintaining OJ eventually outweighed the benefits of even keeping it open to begin with.

We even saw people like Nessos, Coquet, etc attempt to weaponize the perma ban system of OJ to remove users that they didn’t like.

People say Article 13 was the primary reason for OJ shutting down but in actuality, Article 13 is more like the straw that broke the camel’s back.

If the OJ mods had done a better job of dealing with problem users, the costs of maintaining OJ could’ve been sustained, and the community wouldn’t have had to shut down.

For proof of this, look no further than the existence of this forum while OJ closes its doors.

So I would argue that for active members of the community, people like Shishio and GetNappaed who on the surface may appear to be clear problem users, in actuality these are some of the people who provide the most life and entertainment to the community. ThirstyGen despite being a relatively small community has been extremely active for over a year now because of people like Shishio, not in spite of them.

Now I’m not saying Shishio should be allowed to come on a forum like this and call people faggots without consequences, but permanently banning active users who are even friends with people who might appear to be their enemies,

Will ultimately lead us into another OJ situation in the long run. There is no avoiding such an inevitability.

I hope that we can come up with ways to reform problem users without perma banning them.

I’ve seen a lot of people say this site is the spiritual successor to OJ. I personally think that’s bullshit. I think with the right leadership, this forum can be better than OJ ever was.

If we want to be a better forum than OJ, we need to do things differently from them.

Thanks to all who read this lol.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I really like this idea, it allows us to maintain a community of active posters while simultaneously encouraging problem posters to change their behavior.

This is the only concept that bothers me @Bogard @TheAncientCenturion @Gol D. Roger @Pantheos , and I hope you guys will hear me out as I make my case against the idea of permanently banning individuals from this forum.

First up, I don’t think permanent bans should never be used, obviously there are cases like maliciously created alts, people wanting to dox other users, people trying to expose other user’s private/real life info, etc. where permanent bans are necessary.

In the case of how OJ for example was implementing perma bans, they actually lead to the eventual downfall of OJ.

The primary reason OJ failed as a forum is because the mods got too ban happy and

A) banned the wrong people because they were unable to distinguish people who wanted to see legitimate discussion from actual trolls

B) banned so many active members of their community that the costs of maintaining OJ eventually outweighed the benefits of even keeping it open to begin with.

We even saw people like Nessos, Coquet, etc attempt to weaponize the perma ban system of OJ to remove users that they didn’t like.

People say Article 13 was the primary reason for OJ shutting down but in actuality, Article 13 is more like the straw that broke the camel’s back.

If the OJ mods had done a better job of dealing with problem users, the costs of maintaining OJ could’ve been sustained, and the community wouldn’t have had to shut down.

For proof of this, look no further than the existence of this forum while OJ closes its doors.

So I would argue that for active members of the community, people like Shishio and GetNappaed who on the surface may appear to be clear problem users, in actuality these are some of the people who provide the most life and entertainment to the community. ThirstyGen despite being a relatively small community has been extremely active for over a year now because of people like Shishio, not in spite of them.

Now I’m not saying Shishio should be allowed to come on a forum like this and call people faggots without consequences, but permanently banning active users who are even friends with people who might appear to be their enemies,

Will ultimately lead us into another OJ situation in the long run. There is no avoiding such an inevitability.

I hope that we can come up with ways to reform problem users without perma banning them.

I’ve seen a lot of people say this site is the spiritual successor to OJ. I personally think that’s bullshit. I think with the right leadership, this forum can be better than OJ ever was.

If we want to be a better forum than OJ, we need to do things differently from them.

Alright, you convinced me. Instead of perma banning people they should be perma restricted to Udon. We can even give them a Hyou status :funky:
And who will you be? Luffy? Or even worse, Otama? No thanks lol:catpole:
Hey, it could be worse. I could ask you to be our Caribou. :madmonk:

Very informative. I always wondered about the weird kind of stuff happening in the background that I never saw. To me I would go and find that a member randomly disappeared and I was like "really, so and so got banned?" It was always surprising to me. Towards the end of OJ i saw there were a bunch of members with buggy tags, and I wondered why. In fact I still don't know. There was also matters concerning the shutdown of popular threads because of controversy, so that could also be a factor.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Can i join udon please?
Ima train to overthrow all yall mods

@Jiihad will be the killer to my kid
:finally::wellwell:
Hisoka permabanned for eternity but somehow escapes turning unbannable :moonwalk:
Post automatically merged:

I think perma (actual irreversible life ban) should be addressed in the most extreme case scenarios, like eventual pedo material involving or malicious real life attacks. I luckly see these extremely difficult to ever happen here in the future.

Last edited:
H

Homelander

Shishio is already booking ticket to udon . :funky:

I feel perma banned will be used in extreme case . I am pretty sure if such ban happens members will given all sort of warning .

I am confident bogard and his team will do well .

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
The OJ moderation was bewildering, you could get permabanned by simply mentioning the name of another site. I'm glad the nightmare is over. :cheers:

I assume @Guan Yu is referencing Larsi’s explanation for @Finalbeta ’s ban that he gave in the RP General Chat back on OJ. It should go without saying that OJ Mods cannot be trusted as far as they can be thrown.
Indeed, Larsi's bans weren't even a punishment for how strict the guy was.

Status
Not open for further replies.