Announcement New Rule: Udon Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Your observation haki is already strong enough....I’m the one that needs training/dango.
I do want to try out this system and maybe stay in the Prison from time to time, any suggestions? @Bogard
First it should be me who gets to Udon prison.

I need to lift rocks to get buffed up so that I can neg diff any user here.

Second, your Conqueror haki is too op. Users need you here.

Reborn

If we want to be a better forum than OJ, we need to do things differently from them.

@Bogard @TheAncientCenturion I will present an argument against what Lee suggested.

There is no need to do things differently, if we want to a better forum than any other forums. We need to do things rightly.

Banning system didn't bring OJ downfall but misuse of it did. System itself wasn't wrong but it's implementation was.

OJ had only 10 warning points system with too much leeway to mods which caused subjectivity and inconsistency in implementation. There was no accountability for wrong action taken by mods. Rules were twisted and bent.

WG had build on that and has 50 warning points with banning users getting started after a month of spending time in Udon and perma ban kicking in after you got 50 warning points.

If a user doesn't self reflect even after getting 50 warning points which is more than sufficient chance he/she got before perma ban then he deserve a perma ban. There has to be deterrence for users to not go overboard.

Also, what's needed is clear lay down of rules regarding how many warning points a user will get for violating a particular rule to minimize subjectivity in implementation.

This could be couple with grievance redressal mechanism like a user who is about to get perma banned should get right to get heard by member of teams first and explain his act.

If this forum wants to embark upon new leadership then there is need to learn from the mistakes of past experience, correct them and implement them in right way.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
@Bogard @TheAncientCenturion I will present an argument against what Lee suggested.

There is no need to do things differently, if we want to a better forum than any other forums. We need to do things rightly.

Banning system didn't bring OJ downfall but misuse of it did. System itself wasn't wrong but it's implementation was.

OJ had only 10 warning points system with too much leeway to mods which caused subjectivity and inconsistency in implementation. There was no accountability for wrong action taken by mods. Rules were twisted and bent.

WG had build on that and has 50 warning points with banning users getting started after a month of spending time in Udon and perma ban kicking in after you got 50 warning points.

If a user doesn't self reflect even after getting 50 warning points which is more than sufficient chance he/she got before perma ban then he deserve a perma ban. There has to be deterrence for users to not go overboard.

Also, what's needed is clear lay down of rules regarding how many warning points a user will get for violating a particular rule.

This could be couple with grievance redressal mechanism like a user who is about to get perma banned should get right to get heard by member of teams first and explain his act.

If this forum wants to embark upon new leadership then there is need to learn from the mistakes of past experience, correct them and implement them in right way.
I'd suggest a reduction of the total amount of points supported by a reversal of the aforementioned that will slowly drop to 0 after the user has behaved for a determined period of time. This could eventually foster his will to improve.

I guess it's difficult to establish an exact amount of issued points per action, it would require eons to write down an handmade table with all the notions or something but having a general grasp in mind would be enough suitable imo.

Reborn

I'd suggest a reduction of the total amount of points supported by a reversal of the aforementioned that will slowly drop to 0 after the user has behaved for a determined period of time. This could eventually foster his will to improve.

I guess it's difficult to establish an exact amount of issued points per action, it would require eons to write down an handmade table with all the notions or something but having a general grasp in mind would be enough suitable imo.
Just because writing down rules are difficult then it doesn't mean we don't need to write them.

Laying down clear rules is the key. It may take some time but in long run it will beneficial.

Also, I agree that if a user shows improvement then mods can consider reducing his/her warning points. And, if he doesn't improve and keeps on behaving as he used to despite getting so many opportunities then he deserve a perma ban

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Just because writing down rules are difficult then it doesn't mean we don't need to write them.

Laying down clear rules is the key. It may take some time but in long run it will beneficial.

Also, I agree that if a user shows improvement then mods can consider reducing his/her warning points. And, if he doesn't improve and keeps on behaving as he used to despite getting so many opportunities then he deserve a perma ban
I know but there are at least hundreds or thousands of bad actions a user can do :feelsokeman:

I guess perhaps writing down the most common actions could be a good start

T

Tangerine

For warning points, yes some of them expire within a certain period set by the mods. For example, we give 3 warning points, and then we can set them to expire in 1 day, 3 days, and the like. We can also lower it or remove it if we see improvement in behavior.

But actually, we don't have the standard rules for this yet because all of us mods have different views. It's kind of difficult to get to the middleground when it comes to offenses because sometimes what one mod considers offensive might not be offensive for the other. We are still talking about this, so no worries ^^Tbh, I am probably the strictest mod, and this is me already being lenient, as weird as it sounds:feelsokeman: I am probably the mod who adjusts his standards the most. So what I do is delete posts or give warning points if the offense is too obvious and which I believe any normal person would cringe at. For example, the word "bitch" isn't really offensive, but if it's used in a different context directed to insult a user, for example, "your mom is a b**** and you shouldn't have been born" that's the time it gets offensive, then it deserves warning points.

The offenses are generally grouped into inappropriate language, content, behavior (according to the rules laid out by Bogard) We don't really want to be too strict here, so for now these are just general ^^ We're only about to start with this system so through time we will see what needs to be adjusted or improved on

And yes we need some people to experiment on :afrokappa: :pepedoffy:

Reborn

But actually, we don't have the standard rules for this yet because all of us mods have different views. It's kind of difficult to get to the middleground when it comes to offenses because sometimes what one mod considers offensive might not be offensive for the other.
That's exactly the reason we need clear rules.

Freedom is utmost important when it comes to discussion but there has to be reasonable restrictions. Absolute freedom with not much of a deterrence in form of some sort of punishment would make users casual with no heed given to improve upon.

And, it's not about being strict or lenient but laying down rules so that user can clearly know what he/she has to avoid posting. Until a user clearly knows what's allowed and what's not, giving them warning points isn't appropriate as it's been done with subjectivity in play.

However to exercise reasonable restrictions you guys need clear rules. This should be your first priority. No organization, forum can function sustainably without them.

Now I know it's easy to say and difficult to work upon.

Infact, I can try making a blue print of such rules if @Bogard wants and submit to you guys for the consideration as it's me who is suggesting it so I have to take responsibility to show that it's doable instead of being all talks. You guys then can deliberate upon them and then take a decision whether to change it, accept it or discard it.

And, rebornimformer won't charge you guys as well. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.