Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I am a little confused right now, because I don't really understand what you want to tell me. I'm just sitting in front of my laptop and try to interpret what you could possibly mean, but there are so many possibilities this emoji could be read - and I am not good at getting interpersonal hints aimed at me.

Is it meant to tell me that you are coping because of my recurring posts of what I technically think is the next crew member? Or could you mean that I need to cope because my choice is not going to be the next member?

I do not believe that you mean that you are taking copium because you think Stussy and Vegapunk are now not going to join anymore ... . Or do you?

Could easily still be Lucci as well. :myman:

With Vegapunk calling Stussy we can assume that he probably has no fighting skills and Stussy will betray Luffy and Vegapunk real soon.
1. Why would Lucci Join? He’s a government dog who just wants to murder. Literally a villain.

2. Why would Stussy betray Luffy and Vegapunk? What would that do for the story

1. Why would Lucci Join? He’s a government dog who just wants to murder. Literally a villain.

2. Why would Stussy betray Luffy and Vegapunk? What would that do for the story
1. Because there as of now are so many hints aiming at him to be the next straw hat - it's overwhelming. I do not know how Oda plans to proceed, but if you want to look at it from an objective way - all points to him. I could give you the hints I have found, if you are interested. As for him wanting to just murder: I doubt that. He seems to not know what he himself wants as he answers Spandam's question with "Blood perhaps, that's what we were trained for.". Does it not strike you that he seemingly doesn't really know what he wants? Why else adding the "perhaps"? Oda is putting him in a grey area. If we do not look very close in our analysis than we are missing that important nuance.

2. Stussy will betray them - I am sure about this. She let Akainu be called and conveyed that the SHP were on Egghead, so that Kizaru could prepare for this new evolving situation - it was not Kaku or Lucci, who made the call - it was her. You do not do this as a true ally. And look at how Oda depicts her - I would not call it trustworthy. Even Zoro seemed rather cautious than relieved about her taking down Kaku and Lucci. And then Oda is making her smile that constant smile of hers, while she betrays her coworker - and as you can see, she is still smiling. I can go on, if you want.
Stussy is with the WG still and is playing along, because she is trusted by Vegapunk and his Satellites. She just has to ensure that the SHP and Vegapunk are not leaving Egghead so that a now prepared Kizaru can beat/kill them when he arrives.

1. Because there as of now are so many hints aiming at him to be the next straw hat - it's overwhelming. I do not know how Oda plans to proceed, but if you want to look at it from an objective way - all points to him. I could give you the hints I have found, if you are interested. As for him wanting to just murder: I doubt that. He seems to not know what he himself wants as he answers Spandam's question with "Blood perhaps, that's what we were trained for.". Does it not strike you that he seemingly doesn't really know what he wants? Why else adding the "perhaps"? Oda is putting him in a grey area. If we do not look very close in our analysis than we are missing that important nuance.

2. Stussy will betray them - I am sure about this. She let Akainu be called and conveyed that the SHP were on Egghead, so that Kizaru could prepare for this new evolving situation - it was not Kaku or Lucci, who made the call - it was her. You do not do this as a true ally. And look at how Oda depicts her - I would not call it trustworthy. Even Zoro seemed rather cautious than relieved about her taking down Kaku and Lucci. And then Oda is making her smile that constant smile of hers, while she betrays her coworker - and as you can see, she is still smiling. I can go on, if you want.
Stussy is with the WG still and is playing along, because she is trusted by Vegapunk and his Satellites. She just has to ensure that the SHP and Vegapunk are not leaving Egghead so that a now prepared Kizaru can beat/kill them when he arrives.
1. Please share these hints, cause there legit doesn’t seem to be any.

2. This is how all the Straw hat women acted…

1. Please share these hints, cause there legit doesn’t seem to be any.

2. This is how all the Straw hat women acted…
1. I will share those hints but I need a littlle time because there are so many.

2. It is not alone her behaviour - it is also how Oda portrays her. Look closer - not really trustworthy.

ok here they are:

1. Pluton is a warship under Wano, & the most famous Japanese warship is called Yamato, Yamato was destroyed during WWII, this warship length was 263 m, while the height of Yamato the anime character is 263 cm, which means that Yamato got her name from the japanese famous battleship Yamato, & Pluton is also a battleship.

2. Momo & Yamato are like two sides of the same coin, they are different but they complete each other, both are 28 years old, son of Oden & daughter of Kaido, mythical zoan DF users with fire & ice abilities, Momo controls Zou, Yamato controls Pluton.

3. Yamato has an ice ability DF, & Pluton means Pluto which is an icy dwarf planet.

4. in Greek mythology we have:
- Poseidon is the ruler of the seas which is suitable to be a mermaid in one piece which is Shirahoshi the mermaid princess.
- Pluton is the ruler of the underworld, & we have the demon princess Yamato, which is a good choice for an underworld creature.
-Uranus is the sky ruler.

5. there is an anime called Yamato the space battleship, in this anime Yamato the battleship traveled to Pluto & killed the aliens with a very powerful blast cannon that was able to cause a huge damage to the planet surface, & Pluton will probably have powerful blast cannons as well.

also guess what, Kaido knew about it, remember when Kaido said he will fight the government using the ancient weapons, & when he told Yamato that he stayed in Wano because it's Wano, & when Yamato asked Kaido why did he steal her freedom? why did he steal Wano's freedom?
he answered: life isn't a series of simple questions and answers, he can't tell her that Pluton is in Wano, that's why he stole Wano's freedom, & he can't tell her that she is the key to activate Pluton, that's why he stole her freedom.

Yamato's character arc is over.
The point of creating Yamato and Momo like two sides of a same coin (because you are right, they are) is like I was trying to explain in the last Nakama thread : the way Oda used to make their thematic have more echo. The thematics of the inherited will is phisolophically debated throught both Yamato and Momo's characters (and also a myriad of other characters) but also the thematic of Parent/child relationship. As both children will eventually go into the opposite direction of their biological dad.
The theory of Pluton is fun to theorize but it has not storytelling evidences behind it.

The reason why Yamato is the way he is, is because he is portrayed as the opposite of his dad. Fire > =/= < Ice. Right now, this is the simplest and most efficient explanation for this power. He is also designed as the gardian deity but most of all, Yamato was not only the name of the warship.. it was the name of JAPAN. Which in One Piece.. is represented by Wano.

Yamato is simply depicted as the guardian deity of Wano. Nothing more. He might come back in the story, but his character development - at least in term of lore - is over.

As for Lucci. He was depicted as a clear murderer and a fascist enabler. He won't join the strawhat, there is no place for a redemption arc for him in the context of the way One Piece creates redemption arcs.

No he’s a tanuki which is a type of canine or dog
Tanuki (which Chopper is compared to) is only Racoon-dog in English, there's no association between dogs and Tanukis in Japanese

In the color spread of the zodiac signs, Chopper is a red panda, pandas in Japan are called Kuma neko ( bear cat), which would lend to the idea that Chopper is actually the cat, but Nami is obviously the cat, but in one piece there's this association of cats and rabbits.

The best argument for Chopper being the rabbit is that in the chinese zodiac, the rabbit pounds the medicine, which is what Chopper, does, also in the Malay zodiac the rabbit is replaced by the mousedeer, much like chopper is a deer.

Mousedeer
Alternatively it could still be the rat since he's the small chibi in the group, but in the Zodiac story the mouse is the stoaway, which is what well.. Carrot is .

So either way Carrot/Chopper would be the rat/rabbit either or.

Tanuki (which Chopper is compared to) is only Racoon-dog in English, there's no association between dogs and Tanukis in Japanese

In the color spread of the zodiac signs, Chopper is a red panda, pandas in Japan are called Kuma neko ( bear cat), which would lend to the idea that Chopper is actually the cat, but Nami is obviously the cat, but in one piece there's this association of cats and rabbits.

The best argument for Chopper being the rabbit is that in the chinese zodiac, the rabbit pounds the medicine, which is what Chopper, does, also in the Malay zodiac the rabbit is replaced by the mousedeer, much like chopper is a deer.

Mousedeer
Alternatively it could still be the rat since he's the small chibi in the group, but in the Zodiac story the mouse is the stoaway, which is what well.. Carrot is .

So either way Carrot/Chopper would be the rat/rabbit either or.
That’s a tanuki in the colored page. Tanuki are literally a type of dogs…

That’s a tanuki in the colored page. Tanuki are literally a type of dogs…
That's a red panda and already explained to you Tanuki are not associated with dogs in Japanese, in fact they're not "literally" a type of dog, they're a type of canid, which includes dogs or things like foxes, coyotes, wolves etc.

But they're only called racoon dogs in English, much like Japanese boars are called Yama Kujira, which means "mountain whales" in Japanese, the dog association is purely in English.

In fact the bake-danuki which is the mystical shapefshiting tanuki that Chopper is compared to, has a nucleus of leopard cat.

Last edited: