Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
We're way too optimistic when estimating our ability to complete the tasks:josad:
Unless there's a deadline, the project can last for months, years, decades, and never get done.
Recent sample from my work - in addition to daily job duties there was an initiative to update content in the tool (hundreds of pages), we split it among team members, some people got their parts done, others (myself included) were postponing the stuff since there's always something more urgent and important on the desk, that is until the colleague driving the initiative announced she is going on a maternity leave and needs to finish everything before it starts. Suddenly everyone is finishing their tasks super fast, and honestly, it takes me less time when I'm finally doing my part, but still more than I expected. And Oda doesn't need to rush (although if I were Oda, I'd probably want to finish OP and finally retire rather sooner than later).

TL; DR: Oda doesn't have a deadline, moreover, his editors probably are happy to milk OP golden cow as long as it lasts, so all those estimates are worse lies than statistics.

Queston for all the people who insist no one else will join, what will you say when someone joins?

Strawhat candidates: Kuma, King, Hancock, Elbaf Giant, lunarian or skypeian character.

Following the old alphabet pattern: GH, OP, and WX are left

Hancock, PX-0 (Kuma), Wildfire (King)

or maybe it stands for : Girl (G), Perv (P), Warrior (W)

Leaving it so the last 3 strawhats don't follow the same pattern

Vivi/Bonney (G), Momo (P), Yamato/or whoever (W)

Queston for all the people who insist no one else will join, what will you say when someone joins?

Strawhat candidates: Kuma, King, Hancock, Elbaf Giant, lunarian or skypeian character.

Following the old alphabet pattern: GH, OP, and WX are left

Hancock, PX-0 (Kuma), Wildfire (King)

or maybe it stands for : Girl (G), Perv (P), Warrior (W)

Leaving it so the last 3 strawhats don't follow the same pattern

Vivi/Bonney (G), Momo (P), Yamato/or whoever (W)
I used to be a big proponent of the goroawase theories. Problem is they're not very strong as only supported by circumstancial "evidence".

For instance:
A
Brook (2nd letter)
Chopper (3rd letter)
D
E
Franky (6th letter)
G
H
I
Jinbe (10th letter)
K
Luffy (12th letter)
M
Nami (14th letter)
O
P
Q
Robin (18th letter)
Sanji (19th letter)
T
Usopp (21st letter)
V
W
X
Y
Zoro (26th letter)

So again, where is the actual pattern? Ik the letters get paired but this is completely arbitrary and there is no reason to assume it actually works other than that it has so far, because the entire theory was proposed around the time of the Dressrosa arc. The reason I say this is because this is when I wrote up said theory to determine whether Kyros would join the crew or not. I can tell you first hand the methodology was as simple as seeing the letters could be split into pairs and at the time it was consisent which makes sense given 17 of the goddamn letters were not related to Strawhat names at the time!

The other goroawase theory I recall coming from an SBS and related to crewmate devilfruits. IIrc the only numbers left are 2 and 9 and these can make (of known devil fruits) Kin'emon, Caribou and Kumas fruits. It also works for the Toki Toki no Mi (if this is what Bonney's fruit is).

As for GPW, what's that about? Why do you insist the crew needs to recruit a Lunarian?

I'm still leaning towards Bonney but the possibility that nobody new joins is very high. Baring in mind Luffy said 10 crewmates and there's now 10 strawhats (still unclear if Luffy counted himself or not. Either way, SH no. 10 or no. 11 is the last strawhat), you can see why people think that way. If someone else joins, what do you expect them to say? They were wrong? Well duh.

Last edited: