Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Since Lucci and Luffy had agreed upon being allies until the Seraphim were under control, we can assume that now that Lucci seems to be voluntarily standing there and observing rather relaxed, as the SHP are going against the WG with forcing York to call the Gorosei, that the agent has become a genuine ally of the SHP and most probably defected from the WG. Otherwise Lucci would have attacked Luffy right after the Seraphim were out of the way.

A reminder – I did write in December 2022 that Lucci would most probably become a defector. If you don’t believe me, here is an excerpt and a link:

"And now we are getting to the yearly festa-letter (I didn’t even know it was yearly) from Oda this month, which revealed that that person and that person are fighting. It was worded as if the fight would be a big surprise for us. If it’s a surprise, then we are not thinking of a clash between those persons in the least. And in my opinion, this could be a fight between two individuals who are on the same side, as of yet. In the letter Oda mentioned that this fight will have a backstory. So, going by how the volume of a backstory would be a little much for a side-plot of One Piece, I am betting the fight will happen in the main story line. And seeing as I can interpret some fissures are present within the WGs parties involved, my bet is, we will have at least one defector here – and it could be Lucci."

Lucci the defector

I really wonder just when Oda will drop the bomb with revealing Shaka’s and Lucci’s relationship (– they are related by blood).

I definitely have to get myself popcorn for this… . :ihaha:
I have to admit, calling Lucci defecting was impressive. Shaka and Lucci being related is a much bigger strench, but if somehow it happens, I'll consider your Lucci for nakama agenda.

How can Lucci and Shaka be related when Shaka is Vegapunk ?
I really don't know... . But they could have been orphans like Sentomaru and Vegapunk took them in or they are actually both clones of somebody (Lucci kind of looks like Cobra, but I don't want to be hasty and make assumptions). Lucci did not like going against Vegapunk in the first place - menaing he likes Vegapunk or his work somehow.