Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Imagine resorting to the netflix adaptation to prove your point:seriously:
Dude, you are denying a fact..
I'm just resorting to logic. If Zoro wasn't the first mate, this scene wouldn't have been approved.

The live action also says the schibukai were the rulers of the sea instead of the yonko
Well technically they are at this point, we learn about the Yonko later.

Zoro is the combatant, like it or not. And Robin is the archeologist which also has nothing to do with the sea
No look at the subtext, no deep dive. You cut the conversation just because it wasn't officialized. Sigh... discussing with you guys is really not interesting..
Even if it was true that all the strawhat jobs relate to the sea somehow, that doesn't mean all of them have to
Now that's true, but at this point there would need a reason for the pattern to be different.

Dude, you are denying a fact..
I'm just resorting to logic. If Zoro wasn't the first mate, this scene wouldn't have been approved.

Well technically they are at this point, we learn about the Yonko later.

No look at the subtext, no deep dive. You cut the conversation just because it wasn't officialized. Sigh... discussing with you guys is really not interesting..

Now that's true, but at this point there would need a reason for the pattern to be different.
Dude, you're the one taking the netflix live action as cannon over Oda's own statements. The strawhats don't have an official first mate, and if they did, it would be Nami, since she's the only one in the crew who actually gives orders. Funny how you always claim your argument is in the "subtext" but you can never explain what subtext that is.

Wasn't there that cover page with all of the "1st mates" that Oda did once?

Or is that supose to just be the right hand man of each captain? Either just wanted to add some more fuel to the fire.

Oh wait here's a good one, Marco is not a first mate because he's the ships doctor.

:hihihi:

I'm just resorting to logic.
:risitameh::risitameh:
To explain what @Sigran101 is telling you in a way that you can understand. Oda statements over everything else(Netflix adaptation, fillers,movies, what other people from shuesha say). It’s his story. He himself has said Zoro is not the first mate and that his role is combatant. Now one person can do more things than one. Because a lot of the strawhats have one role and also fight. However Zoro is specifically there to fight the strong and additionally he also spends a lot of time as lookout.
:saden:
:saden::saden:
Post automatically merged:

Are we actually Netflix scaling now? :suresure:

C4N you can do better.
Manga scaling :gonope:
Netflix scaling :goyea:

Chopper: Doctor/Emergency Food Supply/Mascot
:gokulaugh:
love that you included that!

TBH, for me the SHP are not that much about a particular role - as you mentioned, they all kinda share some of the responsibilities, but more about being EXCEPTIONAL at something, having a unique skillset that sets them apart from the REST OF THE WORLD, all of them are on the way of becoming WORLD'S GREATEST someone - cook, navigator, swordsman, helmsman, doctor, shipwright, sniper, etc. I would argue that Robin is already the greatest archaeologist, because she's the only one with the required knowledge, but the rest of the crew is more or less on their way up.
That's why I'm hesitating on Bonney's case - what she excels at?

Dude, you're the one taking the netflix live action as cannon over Oda's own statements
Oda didn't make a statement. Zoro post wasn't been officialized yet. That's it.

The strawhats don't have an official first mate, and if they did, it would be Nami
Come on. I'm sure you don't believe that yourself.

Dude, you're the one taking the netflix live action as cannon over Oda's own statements
Are we actually Netflix scaling now?
The show was put under miscroscope by Oda to the point where the guy made reshoot for a wrong helmet. Trust me, if he didn't want Zoro to be officialized, he wouldn't cut both scene where Zoro is said to be the first mate.

Oda gave you all a treat by literally officializing Zoro's place in the live action and you don't even care about it.. that's real sad.

Wasn't there that cover page with all of the "1st mates" that Oda did once?

Or is that supose to just be the right hand man of each captain? Either just wanted to add some more fuel to the fire.
Its not even in the subtext..

He himself has said Zoro is not the first mate and that his role is combatant
Where in the story has Oda said that Zoro is a combattant and not a first mate ?
Number of the chapter and page please.

Funny how you always claim your argument is in the "subtext" but you can never explain what subtext that is.
You are like me a storyteller. I shouldn't have to explain what is subtext to you.

But as you need a explanation:

Subtext is everything relevant in the storytelling that is not said literally on the page. For example, the fact that Usopp storyarc is centered around the concept of Pride is subtext. Another example, the fact that Sanji needed the event of whole cake to learn how to call for help is subtext. Another example, the fact that Carrot's journey is centered around wonder is subtext.

Subtext makes 50 to 80 % of stories relevancy content.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The show was put under miscroscope by Oda to the point where the guy made reshoot for a wrong helmet. Trust me, if he didn't want Zoro to be officialized, he wouldn't cut both scene where Zoro is said to be the first mate.

Oda gave you all a treat by literally officializing Zoro's place in the live action and you don't even care about it.. that's real sad.
You should never use outside material as a reference point for your argument ever, especially when we don't know exactly what Oda approved and what he didn't.

You instantly lose credibility when you start outsourcing scaling.

You should never use outside material as a reference point for your argument ever, especially when we don't know exactly what Oda approved and what he didn't.
We KNOW it was approved. This is not a "if" situation like the anime. Oda had multiple screen and script review of the content. Meaning that each revelation beyond their space and time relationship are approved by Oda.

There is therefore no reason Oda approved the two time occurence of the words first mate without any relevancy. It was straight up a gift to the fans as I suspect Oda to deliver this officialization later in the story.

Where in the story has Oda said that Zoro is a combattant and not a first mate ?
Number of the chapter and page please
If you are such a good story teller you should learn to become a good reader and listener. As many have already told you. It’s in his Vivre Card and the vivre cards are written directly by Oda. Therefore are direct statements from Oda. You know 2+2=4 but of course only if you know how to add things

Ok, now I know you are not being serious. Only blind people refuse to see that Zoro is the first mate. This is the case both literally and symbolically.

Plus:

I don't care if its canon or not, this wouldn't have been approved by Oda if it wasn't the case.

"combattant"... yes and Jinbe wasn't officialized as the shipwright and still did this:

Officialization is just a storytelling plotpoint, you should KNOW this.

And no spy doesn't work, it doesn't have any symbolic or literal application on the seas. I'm sorry. You would tell me look out or Rope assistant at the limit I could accept that, even if nothing was shown for Bonney in the story concerning those post, but "spy", no.

The point is to have a post related to the sea, not a post that is performed on the sea specifically. Zoro performed his crew mate skills outside of the sea but it still count.

On the contrary "spy" is not related to the sea in any ways, that's why I don't see it as a revelant role. Not mentionning the fact that this is too vague.
Regarding the spy: I do see the new crew member sneaking up behind someone like Caribou and stopping him from doing the things that swamp-man wants to do. THis would actually be quite funny to read. :suresure:

:gokulaugh:
love that you included that!

TBH, for me the SHP are not that much about a particular role - as you mentioned, they all kinda share some of the responsibilities, but more about being EXCEPTIONAL at something, having a unique skillset that sets them apart from the REST OF THE WORLD, all of them are on the way of becoming WORLD'S GREATEST someone - cook, navigator, swordsman, helmsman, doctor, shipwright, sniper, etc. I would argue that Robin is already the greatest archaeologist, because she's the only one with the required knowledge, but the rest of the crew is more or less on their way up.
That's why I'm hesitating on Bonney's case - what she excels at?
Being angry. :myman: