Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Carrot's story is finished, you should know this very well.
That's the thing. Contrary to Yamato, the threads of Carrot storlines are not closed. Maybe Oda think they are, but in reality, some things are still hanging.

The choices she had to make were made and the journey she had to take to discover herself was made. To recreate that Oda could start from where he left, but he would need to recreate entire storylines
Like I said, nop

You clearly don't understand Yamato's character arc. Since she didn't join, you assumed you're arguments were all correct, but they specifically adressed your theory that Yamato just wants to explore Wano and she admitted it was a lie because she knew Momo wouldn't let her stay if it was just to protect him.
I do and I think you don't. I proved you multiple times already, but you are in denial so whats the point ?

Biggest cap I've ever seen.
You need to stop listening to hater online.

That's the thing. Contrary to Yamato, the threads of Carrot storlines are not closed. Maybe Oda think they are, but in reality, some things are still hanging.

Like I said, nop

I do and I think you don't. I proved you multiple times already, but you are in denial so whats the point ?
Yamato's subversions were affirmative and the subtext explains everything.

I can’t think of any right now, but you don’t need an example for something to happen. Oda‘s writing isn’t perfect, and he can easily throw a curveball when he feels the need to.

Wano was not rushed.
It was near the end, and that’s inevitable when you make an arc too long. Zoro never visited Ryuma’s grave (I’m pretty sure he said he would), and I still question why Oda made it seem like Yamato would join only to make her stay behind.

He left the door open so she could join later on, but I don’t see the point in reintroducing her so late into the story. A Wano Act 4 would need to happen soon, unless Yamato can somehow find the Straw Hats.

The chaos that ensued in the Yamato fandom after Wano ended was kinda funny. :gokulaugh:

If Carrot was introduced in Wano, I don’t think you’d be content with her only being in a few arcs if she joined near the end. She wouldn’t have much time to get character development and grow on you.

Like I said, nop

You need to stop listening to hater online.
You clearly don't understand the subtext of Yamato's arc.

I can’t think of any right now, but you don’t need an example for something to happen. Oda‘s writing isn’t perfect, and he can easily throw a curveball when he feels the need to.
Yes you do. Because there is no example of relevant Character in the story put aside like Carrot was. Actually none. ALL the character in One Piece have an ending corresponding to their character arc even if for that it has to be in a cover story.

Carrot is the ONLY ONE - if we suppose that her character arc ended - with a open ended character arc.

It was near the end, and that’s inevitable when you make an arc too long.
It was not. There is no evidences of things being rushed in Wano. There are some mistakes here and there but the pacing of the arc stayed consistant. Wano being rushed (like whole cake being dragged out) are fan thoughts not actual storytelling facts.

Zoro never visited Ryuma’s grave
I don't think he did but even if it was, that's not an element showing a rush in the story.

and I still question why Oda made it seem like Yamato would join only to make her stay behind.
I already explained that multiple time. Its the foudnation of Yamato's story arc. Yamato wanted to be free at all cost. With the arrival of Ace, she became to think that the sea and therefore Luffy was the only way she could be free. But Yamato at the time didn't understand that freedom is more than just sailing. Freedom is being able to make your own choices. Choices that in that case are in direct opposition to what her father wated her to become. Yamato face a choice, sailing to the sea but leaving Wano alone, or making the choice to stay but letting the sea goes. SHe decided that freedom was for her to stay in Wano.

That's her arc.

The chaos that ensued in the Yamato fandom after Wano ended was kinda funny.
Logically, the fandom can't understand subtext.

If Carrot was introduced in Wano, I don’t think you’d be content with her only being in a few arcs if she joined near the end. She wouldn’t have much time to get character development and grow on you.
It depend, a character could be very well developped in the last arc and join. And I would be glad. There are no actual reasons why a character should join before the end.

No. I did this thing called reading the manga. Weekly at that.

Imagine thinking because the arc dragged on for 4 years it wasn't rushed like shit just so that Shanks could come out of nowhere and his appearance used just to coincide with the movie.
No it wasn't rushed, there are no evidences pointing at a rush. Shanks being here is not an evidence of that. This is just a plot point that you didn't like

Last edited:
I know this is because of C4N but why does this have to be relitagated for years and years, yes Carrot, Yamato and Vivi can all easilly become nakama if Oda wants them too, are they right now? No

You just need to write Carrot running away from being king of Zou to the SH and them going "sure whatever join", Yamato to just have Momo be strong or have some mini time skip going to the SH and them going "sure whatever join" or Vivi comming to them and asking for shelter and the Sh going " yes vivi-chwan sure".

They all have weak and strong points but at this stage, anything goes to be honest. If anyone is saying its too late to introduce new nakamas at say Elbaf, this better be the last arc where someone gushes for a new nakama of the week.

:beckmoji:

I know this is because of C4N but why does this have to be relitagated for years and years, yes Carrot, Yamato and Vivi can all easilly become nakama if Oda wants them too, are they right now? No

You just need to write Carrot running away from being king of Zou to the SH and them going "sure whatever join", Yamato to just have Momo be strong or have some mini time skip going to the SH and them going "sure whatever join" or Vivi comming to them and asking for shelter and the Sh going " yes vivi-chwan sure".

They all have weak and strong points but at this stage, anything goes to be honest. If anyone is saying its too late to introduce new nakamas at say Elbaf, this better be the last arc where someone gushes for a new nakama of the week.

:beckmoji:
Indeed

G

Gorosei Informer

He what? That traitor! Reloaded isn't the only one we gotta watch outr backs on....
:kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha::kobeha:
Post automatically merged:

"It was completely reasonable to think a character with no dream who never had their own arc and was absent for 250 chapters in a row was about to join the crew. How could anyone have guessed except for literally everyone but me:perocry:
250 chapters in a row? HUH?

Last edited by a moderator:
I even had to lecture you on subtext, but you didn't understand it. I'm not even joking when I say you didn't read the subtext of the panels, even though, unlike you, I explained it.
Oh boi. I must have missed that. can you repeat that process again or lead me to the post because I don't recall you ever lecturing me on actual storytelling. I'm really interested. :yodaswag: