Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Me: explaining my point for nothing and showing that it is in fact not based on subjectivity..

you give the different pillars different amounts of point and decide which is more important and which is less by yourself. And that is subjective. Sigran just said that Dream is more important than role. Something that I agree with and you just said straight No. Because to you it is not and that is subjective. Get it?

you give the different pillars different amounts of point and decide which is more important and which is less by yourself.
Yes, in fonction of a LOGICAL reasonning. The logical reasonning being:

When you have 10 parameters ALL shared by the strawhats, the best way to predict the next strawhat is to see which parameter is the LESS SHARED by the character in the verse.

Something that I agree with and you just said straight No
No, look again instead of lying. I agreed too. For the character, a dream is indeed more important. But we are not looking at what is the most important for the character here, we are looking at what can distinguish potential strawhats from any other characters.

Get it ? This is a question of pure logic.

On the contrary, this is why it works.

The problem is that you are looking at the wrong way. For you, what is important is what is important for the character.

But that's not good to create a good prediction system. In the narration of One Piece, what distinguishes the strawhats is not their dream, a lot of characters in One Piece have them, its their post. Plus the term dream is too vague, the real term should be desire.

The post is far more important to predict a strawhat simply because this is something omega unique. Same for the shining Nakama action. this is something extremely unique.

This is not something that I deny. What is important to understand is that a post is ALWAYS foreshadowed/shadowed in the story in the early development of the character.

This is what make the post, the post.

In fact I will change this on my blog as this is not really accurate. The foreshadowing of the post takes 95% of the importance of that pillar, the 5% left are just the confirmation.

What you toled me for Usopp and Robin are shadowings. They are the 95% necessary for this pillar to work.
I don’t like how you treat your system as if it’s the definitive way to determine candidates. You’re overcomplicating this topic by adding so many factors just to say ”this is why I think X will join”.

Oda goes by his own rules and dreams are a big thing there, since every Straw Hat has at least one (IIRC, Yamato’s dream is “to see what Oden saw”).

The only ones that have a chance right now are Vivi, Bonney and Yamato. Bonney is speculative but the other two have already been acknowledged by Oda in some way.

you give the different pillars different amounts of point and decide which is more important and which is less by yourself. And that is subjective. Sigran just said that Dream is more important than role. Something that I agree with and you just said straight No. Because to you it is not and that is subjective. Get it?
But remember, since he is a story telling expert, as proven by the zero stories he's published, everything he says is a fact:gokulaugh:

I don’t like how you treat your system as if it’s the definitive way to determine candidates. You’re overcomplicating this topic by adding so many factors just to say ”this is why I think X will join”.
And from my point of view, you are oversimplifying the question by saying " astrawhat just need this and this". This is something that can only lead to imprecision. Also, my system is not definitive, I'm open to discussion as I proved many time by changing it.

Oda goes by his own rules and dreams are a big thing there, since every Straw Hat has at least one (IIRC, Yamato’s dream is “to see what Oden saw”).
Yes, a desire is indeed important. But a role is far more precise to spot a potential new member.

But remember, since he is a story telling expert, as proven by the zero stories he's published, everything he says is a fact:gokulaugh:
If you can make a better prediction system, I'm all ears.

And from my point of view, you are oversimplifying the question by saying " astrawhat just need this and this". This is something that can only lead to imprecision. Also, my system is not definitive, I'm open to discussion as I proved many time by changing it.

Yes, a desire is indeed important. But a role is far more precise to spot a potential new member.

Of course not, because a prediction system as a concept is inane. It's a fictional story that someone else is writing.

Not everything needs to be so cryptic. Sometimes the answer is more simple than it seems.

People can be right without necessarily being “better”.

When you have 10 parameters ALL shared by the strawhats, the best way to predict the next strawhat is to see which parameter is the LESS SHARED by the character in the verse.
Most shared parameters are Dream and inherited will so they should be highest. Instead you have Shining nakama action.

All strawhats have dreams and big ones as well. All of them have inherited something from some before and all of them have a tragedy.
Bonney has a dream, tragedy and inherited will. By these alone she is 80% there.

Most shared parameters are Dream and inherited will so they should be highest. Instead you have Shining nakama action.

All strawhats have dreams and big ones as well. All of them have inherited something from some before and all of them have a tragedy.
Bonney has a dream, tragedy and inherited will. By these alone she is 80% there.
What does Shining Nakama Action even mean? Can someone please explain this? :choppawhat: