Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I keep seeing ppl say that Tama is joining
she made a statement on how strong she thinks she gonna get and luffy responded encouragingly
Don't see why ppl are reporting this as if she is a genuine member of the crew and counting her among the straw hats
She asked to join and was accepted. She didn't join immediately because she wanted to finish her business first, like Jimbe did.
It's not hard to understand. If Oda wanted to end her storyline here he could easily have her say that she wanted to train in order to honor her promise with Ace instead of making a entirely new nakama promise with Luffy.

So a big punch.

And I lost the nakama discussion? Carrot, Yamato and Tama joined? I had no idea
Only Tama. :cheers:

she made a statement on how strong she thinks she gonna get and luffy responded encouragingly
Don't see why ppl are reporting this as if she is a genuine member of the crew and counting her among the straw hats
Nah man you're downplaying Shinobu, next time we see Tama in a couple of months she's gonna be the One Piece equivalent to Kakashi, going blow for blow with commanders. She will be a genuine member of the crew capable of carrying her weight :pepebusi:

but but but susano kakashi can solo the OP verse

also to all tama fans who thinks she is joining
Posting funny gifs might help you cope, but won't change reality.
Tama has a role. Tama has a sad backstory. Tama interacted with the strawhats almost exclusively for 150 chapters.
Tama asked to join next time they meet and got confirmation from the captain.
Why not just accept it as it is, instead of staying in denial for no reason other than to inevitably turn into a bitter loser like all the others?

AL sama

Red Haired
Posting funny gifs might help you cope, but won't change reality.
Tama has a role. Tama has a sad backstory. Tama interacted with the strawhats almost exclusively for 150 chapters.
Tama asked to join next time they meet and got confirmation from the captain.
Why not just accept it as it is, instead of staying in denial for no reason other than to inevitably turn into a bitter loser like all the others?
cope harder fam

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
What would Tama even do unless aged up by Shinobu? :kobeha:
Honestly even if Shinobu did do that nothing would change.

The reason it worked so well for Momo was because of his dragon fruit. If he didn't have that then he'd be a slightly stronger child swordsman. In this case Tama would basically be the exact same with little combat experience and zero ninjutsu experience.

That's just sad.

What would Tama even do unless aged up by Shinobu? :kobeha:
Well Tama was more useful in Wano than both Carrot and Yamato combined so clearly Oda is capable of making do relevant stuff.
Out of the top of my head Twin Cape, Little Garden, Alabasta, Skypie, Water 7, Thriller Bark, Impel Down, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Whole Cake and Wano all had unique animals that Tama's powers would have been useful on.

AL sama

Red Haired
That's just sad.

Well Tama was more useful in Wano than both Carrot and Yamato combined so clearly Oda is capable of making do relevant stuff.
Out of the top of my head Twin Cape, Little Garden, Alabasta, Skypie, Water 7, Thriller Bark, Impel Down, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Whole Cake and Wano all had unique animals that Tama's powers would have been useful on.
trying to play editing game with a mod lol

Well Tama was more useful in Wano than both Carrot and Yamato combined so clearly Oda is capable of making do relevant stuff..
I'll give you that.
So she's basically just fodder control. Anyone can do this. Especially someone like Nami now that she has Zeus.

trying to play editing game with a mod lol
Still no arguments I see.:wellwell:

I'll give you that.

So she's basically just fodder control. Anyone can do this. Especially someone like Nami now that she has Zeus.
You seem to only be focused on combat situations, but Tama's powers go way beyond that. She prevented the news from the Udon prison break from getting out for example. She could have helped with the banana gator situation in Alabasta.
Exchange Aisa for Tama in Skypiea and Luffy gets out of the giant Snake in time to save Zoro and Robin from Enel.
Her power is extremely useful, you just need to get creative with it. If you ad ninjutsus to her arsenal she's definitely PK crewmate level on versatility alone.

Last edited:

AL sama

Red Haired
Still no arguments I see.:wellwell:

You seem to only be focused on combat situation, but Tama's powers go way beyond that. She prevented the news from the Udon prison break from getting out for example. She could have helped within the banana gator situation in Alabasta example.Exchange Aisa for Tama in Skypiea and Luffy gets out of the giant Snake in time to save Zoro and Robin from Enel.
Her power is extremely useful, you just need to get creative with it. If you ad ninjutsus to her arsenal she's definitely PK crewmate level on versatility alone.

Okay, this chapter seals it for me. Vegapunk is joining the crew. That was a strawhat dream declaration if I've ever seen one. He's not the candidate I wanted, but he's the one we're getting. It's fine if ya'll aren't ready to jump on board the train yet, but anyone discounting him completely at this point simply has an agenda against him.

Okay, this chapter seals it for me. Vegapunk is joining the crew. That was a strawhat dream declaration if I've ever seen one. He's not the candidate I wanted, but he's the one we're getting. It's fine if ya'll aren't ready to jump on board the train yet, but anyone discounting him completely at this point simply has an agenda against him.
I don't think he will join the Straw Hats, rather as a temporary traveling companion as a Kinemon
But if he does join, it will be very funny.:ihaha:
If someone here wanted to see Vegapunk in nakama after 1061 chapters, then congratulations, your wish is close to fulfillment, though not as you imagined it:jordanmf:

Doubt Vegapunk is joining... He's like Yamato but more on brains instead of power... He could've been a perfect candidate if Yamato joined since he fits the "3rd regional recruit" pattern and that he's the most sensible "power balancer" (being physically weak) that isn't a "downgrade" because of his "brains"...

I‘m not 100% sure with Oda trolling us. But I’m on board with it