Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
The logic is the running joke. Oda was searching to replace the goat with someone munching. And as Carrot always appear where we less expect her (in the story and in the meta story) he choosed Carrot for the funzy.

No need to search a deeper meaning in this at least if we think Oda has no other plans for Carrot..

:usosmug:

Strange. I would be the first to know it, can you give me a source please ?
Post automatically merged:

If Oda said that Carrot will play a role.. that's not an info I would dislike dude.. xD
I would be one of the first to know about such an interview
It's a Japanese local news interview where a fan asked about carrot.

I saw on reddit.

I didn't focus much as I am not a carrot fan.

Really? Because the Goat appeared on a similar in 2002 and the year of the goat was in 2003. Also, this

https://www.opfanpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/E-26uRjXEA0WhHG-1024x682.jpg
Yes .

It's year of rabbits and that's why we have carrot on cover

It's a Japanese local news interview where a fan asked about carrot.

I saw on reddit.

I didn't focus much as I am not a carrot fan.
I repeat, I would be one of the first informed of that kind of interview. As if Oda has effective plan for Carrot in the future, it confirms what I theorized.

That's why this is most probably a fake interview, I've dissected them all.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I repeat, I would be one of the first informed of that kind of interview. As if Oda has effective plan for Carrot in the future, it confirms what I theorized.

That's why this is most probably a fake interview, I've dissected them all.
This interview came about a month ago so if you have seen it then good for you Sir

It seem so. Have to give to you on that
@Uncle Van and @Admiral Maynard

You guys need to understand that I'm proceeding with high caution when I theorize, even in front of elements that can prove my theories.

That's the first reason why I keep saying that you guys should take me seriously when I'm theorizing.

The second is that I never bring up elements on a whim lIke 99% of the "theorists" you can see on youtube. The first things I look up for are the elements in the story that can disprove my hypothesis, and if those elements are not strong enough, I resort to repetitive occurence of narrative evidences.

That's why - for me - that picture of Carrot with Luffy means nothing at the present time with the element we have now.

--

Exemple:

The first thing to look up to disprove my hypothesis that Carrot could have an important role related to the dawn in the future is "the coronation" of Carrot as a Ruler. To completely disprove this hypothesis, the coronation would need to be completing the character arc of Carrot without question.

Problem: That's not what happens, the coronation enters in conflict with Carrot's characterization. So we need to resort to other elements. to explore that hypothesis.

--

All the way from the moment I started to talk here to now, I have proceeded that way: The fact that my conclusions were not confirmed with the CarrotForNakama theory doesn't mean that my reasonning was bad, it just means that I didn't have all the observations.

You can compare that to someone who discovers gravity as a force that push things against each others.. but doesn't have all the informations to understand that what really happens is that gravity is "bending" space time, making things appear like they are attracted to more massive others. In that case, the conclusion of the first guy is wrong, but the reasonning is still correct with the element at disposition.

Same thing with my theory of CarrotForNakama. I put the disproving element at the moment of the transition between the Wano arc and the next, because this is how Oda has always proceed. So, let's imagine that Carrot join the strawhats later, my theory would still be wrong, but my reasonning (the repetitive elements / the argumentation / the analysis) would still be relevant.

--

The fun thing here, is that part of my reasonning for the Carrot for Nakama theory can be reused in that second theory:

There are three point to assess and prove to explore that second theory:

- First point is to prove that Carrot despite her lack of appearance is written as a marginalized yet important character that is characterized as the opposite of a sedentary character.

For that, we first bring repetitive element showing Carrot as a potential strawhats (Strawhat elements, interactions with characters, narrative treatment compared to other similar characters, relativity to the thematics of the story, emotional relevancy etc.) then, we show occurence of Carrot not being able to stay in place, the way she look at the world, the way she acts, her age and temper etc.

By doing that we can have a first conclusion: Yes Carrot is created as someone important despite being marginalized and she is constructed as an "anti" sedentary character.

I talked about this briefly here:

- Her characterization: Carrot has been constructed like a teenager in a fairfest. There is no way that she would want to settle in Zou after what she experienced. The way she acts in front of danger and adventure, her interest for the world.. all of this is very clear and had no real pay off.

- Her treatment: Carrot has been constructed as a protagonist while being a secondary character. Her desires, her story, her tragedies, her skills, her design.. she is not on the level of someone like Raizo or Kyros, she was closer in term of narration to her character like Momonosuke or Rebecca. Hence why Oda puts her naturally on the Queen spot of the mink tribe.. But this conclusion is not satisfying for a lot of us.. precisely because it goes AGAINST her characterization (seen above). So, Carrot becoming Queen is logical, she is someone of that importance, but she shouldn't stay Queen.

- Her potential: Again, Oda left clues concerning Carrot's potential. The biggest one being this sentence of Pedro concerning her future knowledge concerning the dawn and Luffy. Her different skill related to the life at sea (lookout skills / Sulong) and not just there as a fluck.

- Second point is to prove if Carrot has any deep link with the thematic of the Dawn in the story.

For that, we need to look at her character in a meta way (the way she is written, the potential symbolism of her character, her actual story, her interaction and her position) and look if there is anything that can tell us that she has been repetitively connected in one way or another to the thematic of the dawn.

By doing that we can have a second conclusion: Yes repetitive narrative occurence show that Carrot as been constructed with deep links with the "dawn" thematic, and we could go as far as saying that she as been written as a narrative "representation" of the dawn herself.

I talked about that here:

- Rabbit are crepuscular, which means they are most active during dusk and dawn.
- The characterization and design of Carrot points toward the mix of two personnalities : a sunny one and a moon one (carrot's real potential being in between)
- She acted as the link between the day and night king as a ruler's bird
- She literally became the queen of Zou, the personnification of the result of both night and day.
- She is the heir of the Nox legacy, the night before the dawn.
- Third point is to prove that there is a huge incoming reveal or plotline linking the Mink, Wano, the book of Oden, Zunisha and the "Dawn thematic".

For that we will need to search for unresolve plotpoint, plothole and/or potential setup in the story. We will also need to see if the Dawn wasn't the end of the Wano arc.

By doing that we can have a third conclusion: There is indeed a large quantity of plothole and unresolved plotline leading to a potential narrative plot point or reveal about the Dawn in the future of the story linking the Mink / Zunisha / The book of Oden / Wano and the Dawn.

I talked about this here:

- Can you explain how Inu and Neko escaped the numbers, the beast's pirates and Wano ?
- Can you explain who saved Oden's log Book, how and why ?
- Can you explain why a page has be torn out ?
- Can you explain why the Minks know about a concept only mentionned in Oden's log book ?
- Can you explain why the Pedro sees Luffy as the Dawn Bringer while Oden/Yamato sees Momo as the Dawn Bringer ?
- Can you explain why (seemingly) Neko asked Pedro to search for the Poneglyphs ?
- Can you explain why Carrot was constructed in opposition to a sedentary character but was assigned the title of Ruler of Zou ?
- Can you explain why there is so much dawn related lore with the Mink and through Carrot ?
- Can you explain why Carrot was so related to the strawhats and the look Out post, something unique in the serie besides her mentor ?
- Can you explain what the Dawn of the world is ?
And here (to disprove the hypothesis that the Dawn was the end of wano)

Don't you find it ODD that Oda NEVER mentionned the "Dawn" thematic during the "new morning" chapter HERE :

- No "dawn" thematic
- No pathos on the fact that this morning is something incredible, HELL Oda skipped 7 DAYS !!!
- No Minks
- No Kozuki related lore
- Just funzies
--

We have potentially proved 3 things:

- Carrot is constructed as important and anti sedentary
- There is a Dawn plot line incoming potentially in relationship with the Mink tribe and Zunisha (and Carrot as she is the leader)
- Carrot has a deep connection to the Dawn

Therefore there are reasons to believe the hypothesis that Carrot could be relevant/important in the future of the story concerning a potential plot line related to the Dawn thematic.

Now, this conclusion could be wrong, as I said, I don't have all the observations as I don't know the end of One Piece, but this theory is once again very solid.

So I suggest that you don't brush it off like its nothing.

I think Vivi will be the last member to join. Everyone else will just end up somewhat relevant allies in the final war and other conflicts. Yamato atleast had a chance to join but I kinda don't see the point in having a future crewmember staying behind to assist someone else's development at this stage of the story. Vivi atleast already sailed with them.

Hopefully Vivi officially joins and the likes of Carrot and Yamato also get spotlight during the final war and other important conflicts if they get the chance. I'd like Carrot joining but it seems too late.