Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Yes, that sounds fantastic - thank you - this is very nice of you. 😊

If I may, I would set the wager to one month. Would that be acceptable?

And I would like to know what you think about who, considering the current state of events, is most likely to join in your opinion. Or do you think that there will not be an 11th SHP?
I still believe in “one more person joining” before the last few chapters of the series, where it might have another timeskip and get “promised nakama” such as Yamato, the more grown up Tama, and may be the likes of Carrot and Mr. 2 Bon Kurei.

Luffy said it himself in chapter 1 that he wanted 10 nakama aka there is still one person missing. This topic has also been highlighted in One Piece Magazine a few years ago (iirc it’s vol. 10), signifying that even staff from Shueisha remembered and acknowledged this plot point.

However, as of now, I don’t see anyone with a real chance yet.

In my opinion, Vivi’s chance is gone after Oda labelled her to be a member No. “5.5”, which shows that she is more like a honorary one rather than the official member.

For Bonney, who is in a spotlight the most in the present, I never saw that she expressed any interest in joining the SHP, nor that Luffy wanted her in his crew. So I’ll passed, at least for now.

The reason I nominated no one is because I don’t see anyone with a real chance yet.

In my opinion, Vivi’s chance is gone after Oda labelled her to be a member No. “5.5”, which shows that she is more like a honorary one rather than the official member.
the problem with that numbering is luffy count as 1 while we know the first nakama is zorro.
so by that logic:
zoro=1
ussop=2
sanji=3
nami=4
why vivi 5.5 you ask? its not stand for five point five, instead its a two number five
5.5/vivi.karoo
:cheers:

I still believe in “one more person joining” before the last few chapters of the series, where it might have another timeskip and get “promised nakama” such as Yamato, the more grown up Tama, and may be the likes of Carrot and Mr. 2 Bon Kurei.

Luffy said it himself in chapter 1 that he wanted 10 nakama aka there is still one person missing. This topic has also been highlighted in One Piece Magazine a few years ago (iirc it’s vol. 10), signifying that even staff from Shueisha remembered and acknowledged this plot point.

For Bonney, who is in a spotlight the most in the present, I never saw that she expressed any interest in joining the SHP, nor that Luffy wanted her in his crew. So I’ll passed, at least for now.

The reason I nominated no one is because I don’t see anyone with a real chance yet.
This is reasonable. Thank you. 😊

I think Sabo still has a very real possibility.

I will put it just down:
the last sh will be either Bonney or Vegapunk, if not both of them.

Vegapunk: Scient
Bonney: Since she is the daughter of Kuma and she will heir the will of his father (that was a priest)

But I still think that there will be 12 SH, because I believe in the theory of Last Supper (Jesus and 12 disciples)

Another theory valid is the one of Chinese Zodiac, or the planetary sistem (plus moon and Sun)

So Yamato enjoyer, in ~3 days she going to stay in Wano. It was still pretty good for ya. The start of "agenda piece" in Wano really treated her well. Some of the animation director/animator really liked Yamato. She got overly animated scenes, rearrangements to really push the idea of joining, and she never truly looks bad against any foe. Not even the tree branch bondage scene was that bad. There was even a funny little joke going around "All the budget on Yamato". It was good while it lasted...right?

Agenda piece can bring incredible things. Zoro vs King was FREAKING AMAZING! However it can also downplay other characters like how Sanji's speed was slowed down, or how Carrot was made more enthusiastic about ruling zou, or taking away feats from other characters and making them Zoro's, or candy tentacle rape with the fight still off screened. Agenda piece handled Yamato so kindly in the anime.

More than likely the anime will gas the heck out of Yamato staying. They might even change Luffy's dialogue a bit, to really push the idea she'll be back someday. Maybe something like "I'll miss you forever yamato, please join my crew, I need you, sanji wasn't worth it. I need a real number 3.". There is likely to be a lot of gas with the next episode. I say enjoy it with all your might!
Not to be rude but I ain't reading allat lol
Yamato is a crew member. Grass mower #5 isn't.

To be honest, I do think this chapter was a small hit to Kuma/Bonney. Kuma telling Dragon he'll return to the revos gives him a small reason to choose revos over Luffy, if he wants to honor that commitment. I still think Bonney and Kuma are the only options though.
i thought about kuma return to Ra

but i doubt it now, from story telling, since dragon and ivankov only saw kuma return as a win for there war.

flashback shows kuma sees family first, then the war as he stayed with bonney mostly. He was fighting on his own against king and marines who came after him while looking for cure for bonney, and labeled a pirate.

while this happen, dragon was never there for kuma, nor dragon able to prevent kuma rushing back to MG for bonney showing he has no insight to kuma real feelings while calling kuma a friend(this guy not good friend imo just from him never showing up for kuma where kuma has been shown showing up to help dragon), this guy even told ivan to wait in prison till he got his army!? this flashback shows dragon amused..(so if luffy never showed up ivan still be sitting in prison at this moment)

anyways there something sus, have to wait for volume release.

bonney gems vanish as soon as sentomaru touches the axe, which bonney sitting on/contact. and sentomaru is really good with haki control as seen.

imo if this is not fix in volumes later, clue sapphire disease was from df user. also this imply kuma not familiar with haki atm, maybe this is why oda did not show island of women, and kuma visiting them yet.. if kuma would want to learn more. etc

kuma one man army, feels more in line with other sh/on there own fighting etc.