Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rest in Peace and Shine in Light
I fully believe Bonney will join now.

She has all four conditions needed:

1. A tragic flashback that involves a character close to her dying (Ginny)
2. Separated from family due to tragedy/circumstances
3. Significant moment establishing a connection to the crew (attempting to attack Saturn in order to avenge Kuma, who the Straw Hats are indebted to)
4. Dream that involves sailing around the world

Bonney's dream is to see the world since she was unable to leave her church, and travel the world freely with Kuma, but, as long as the WG exists, that dream is impossible. We know the Gorosei would have them hunted down.

The WG NEEDS to be defeated for Bonney to be able to explore freely with Kuma.

So, Kuma will get his memories transfered to S-Bear, and rejoin the Revolutionary Army to help protect people who are revolting against the WG.

Bonney will sail and explore the world with Nika/Luffy, until the Straw Hats defeat Imu and the WG, and then Kuma and Bonney will be able to finally have their happy family vacation.

This way Bonney gets to have an adventure with Nika, that directly leads to her being able to experience her dream of travelling the world with Kuma.

3. Significant moment establishing a connection to the crew (attempting to attack Saturn in order to avenge Kuma, who the Straw Hats are indebted to)

Bonney's dream is to see the world since she was unable to leave her church, and travel the world freely with Kuma, but, as long as the WG exists, that dream is impossible. We know the Gorosei would have them hunted down.

So, Kuma will get his memories transfered to S-Bear, and rejoin the Revolutionary Army to help protect people who are revolting against the WG.

Bonney will sail and explore the world with Nika/Luffy, until the Straw Hats defeat Imu and the WG, and then Kuma and Bonney will be able to finally have their happy family vacation.

This way Bonney gets to have an adventure with Nika, that directly leads to her being able to experience her dream of travelling the world with Kuma.
Honestly the biggest problem here is that it involves Bonney and kuma separating which genuinely makes no sense to me.

The entire point of this flashback has been about how strong the bond between these two are and the promise that when these two reunite they’ll go off together and travel the world together.

Bonney and Kuma deciding to separate again after losing so many years together goes against a major narrative of this flashback imo

I don't understand this need to shove kuma into S-bear in an arc where a constant point is clones are their own people.

I's inherently horrifying given that repeatedly brought up point.

"All the Seraphim are probably going to grow up into different people... cept you S-bear, get fucked"

I don't understand this need to shove kuma into S-bear in an arc where a constant point is clones are their own people.

I's inherently horrifying given that repeatedly brought up point.

"All the Seraphim are probably going to grow up into different people... cept you S-bear, get fucked"
No ones talking about erasing S Bear, just to give S Bear Kumas memories. S Bear already has Kumas will and personality in him.

Honestly the biggest problem here is that it involves Bonney and kuma separating which genuinely makes no sense to me.

The entire point of this flashback has been about how strong the bond between these two are and the promise that when these two reunite they’ll go off together and travel the world together.

Bonney and Kuma deciding to separate again after losing so many years together goes against a major narrative of this flashback imo
My reasoning here is that Kuma doesn't want Bonney to be involved in a war. Kuma's made it clear he wants to rejoin the Revolutionaries, even as a Shichibukai he was helping them behind the scenes.

If there's anyone Kuma would trust to protect Bonney, it's Luffy/Nika.

Finally, why in the fuck would Kuma trust Dragon to protect his family for a third time??? WHY????????

There's a reason Oda put the "A child is a parent's weakness" line in the chapter; it's to justify Kuma and Bonney separating until the world is freed fromthe WG. If Bonney joined the Revolutionaries, what's stopping the Celestial Dragons from pulling another Ginny? Kuma would have to spend all his time worrying about the same thing happening again.

Bonney needs to be protected from the WG at this point, and who better to protect her than a Yonkou crew? Same thing with Vivi, IMO.

Nico Robin is literally one of the most wanted people in the world due to Pluton, and is MUCH more important than Bonney to the WG, and the Straw Hats have kept Robin very safe after Enies Lobby.

The fact that the Straw Hats were willing to blow up Enies Lobby to save Robin is all the proof Kuma needs that Luffy will take care of his daughter, to me.

Bro if Bonney joins the Revs and then gets kidnapped by Celestial Dragons I will actually toss my computer out the window.

At this point I don't think there's any way for Kuma to come back.

They've spent multiple chapters hammering home that Kuma is functionally dead and that he is choosing to sacrifice his life to save Bonney. And that's not even getting into how Akainu melted off half of his face.

Vegapunk said in no uncertain terms that there's no way to bring Kuma back. Bonney, the character who most wanted to bring Kuma back, has been shown coming to terms with his death and accepting that there's no way to bring him back

I know One Piece has a problem with fake-out deaths, but at least with Pell and Pound we didn't get multiple chapters discussing how they were going to sacrifice themselves, only for them to turn out to be alive. The tragedy of what happened to Kuma is a major point of gravitas in this arc, similar to what Rosinante's death was for Dressrosa.

Kuma, arguably moreso than any character we've gotten in the series, feels like a martyr. Despite suffering horrible tragedy after horrible tragedy, Kuma dedicated his life to helping people and making his loved ones happy. Even when he had to sacrifice his life to save his daughter, he was crying tears of joy without even caring what happened to himself.

I have enough respect for Oda as a writer to believe he won't try to ruin the impact of Kuma's sacrifice.

My reasoning here is that Kuma doesn't want Bonney to be involved in a war. Kuma's made it clear he wants to rejoin the Revolutionaries, even as a Shichibukai he was helping them behind the scenes.

Finally, why in the fuck would Kuma trust Dragon to protect his family for a third time??? WHY????????

There's a reason Oda put the "A child is a parent's weakness" line in the chapter; it's to justify Kuma and Bonney separating until the world is freed fromthe WG. If Bonney joined the Revolutionaries, what's stopping the Celestial Dragons from pulling another Ginny? Kuma would have to spend all his time worrying about the same thing happening again.

Bonney needs to be protected from the WG at this point, and who better to protect her than a Yonkou crew? Same thing with Vivi, IMO.

Nico Robin is literally one of the most wanted people in the world due to Pluton, and is MUCH more important than Bonney to the WG, and the Straw Hats have kept Robin very safe after Enies Lobby.

The fact that the Straw Hats were willing to blow up Enies Lobby to save Robin is all the proof Kuma needs that Luffy will take care of his daughter, to me.

Bro if Bonney joins the Revs and then gets kidnapped by Celestial Dragons I will actually toss my computer out the window.
While at the same time, do you really think Kumas going to break his promise to Bonney from chapter 1100?

“Next time we’re together we’ll go off to sea together!”

That right there shows Kumas and Bonneys travels aren’t some endgame ideal. They’re the first priority.

These two aren’t separating themselves again. Kumas not like Dragon. They’re Probably just going to go off to sea together. Not joining the revs or straw hats. Just being father and daughter and exploring the world.

They've spent multiple chapters hammering home that Kuma is functionally dead and that he is choosing to sacrifice his life to save Bonney. And that's not even getting into how Akainu melted off half of his face.

Vegapunk said in no uncertain terms that there's no way to bring Kuma back. Bonney, the character who most wanted to bring Kuma back, has been shown coming to terms with his death and accepting that there's no way to bring him back

I know One Piece has a problem with fake-out deaths, but at least with Pell and Pound we didn't get multiple chapters discussing how they were going to sacrifice themselves, only for them to turn out to be alive. The tragedy of what happened to Kuma is a major point of gravitas in this arc, similar to what Rosinante's death was for Dressrosa.

Kuma, arguably moreso than any character we've gotten in the series, feels like a martyr. Despite suffering horrible tragedy after horrible tragedy, Kuma dedicated his life to helping people and making his loved ones happy. Even when he had to sacrifice his life to save his daughter, he was crying tears of joy without even caring what happened to himself.

I have enough respect for Oda as a writer to believe he won't try to ruin the impact of Kuma's sacrifice.
Kuma is dying, but his will to journey with Bonney was likely passed down to S-Bear. Vegapunk himself said he was shocked by how much of the originals personality and character was passed down into the seraphim so I really wouldn’t be shocked if S-Bear inherited that fatherly character of Bonney and if he absorbs Kumas memories, he’ll basically be kuma just in a different body
Post automatically merged:

Is Stussy out to steal WB's genes?
Is Kidhawk as much of a Demon as Mihawk?

If not, why is S-bear's trajectory the exact same as Kuma's?
Why was S-Snake in love with Luffy if love can’t be passed down to the seraphim?

you just stated four point that don't have anything related to joining SHs.
why should anyone with a tragic past, & a dream involving sailing around the world, separated from his family & wants to revenge for someone helped the crew, join the crew? !!!

There's possibility of Kuma dying also opening way for bonney joining.

Kuma is dying, but his will to journey with Bonney was likely passed down to S-Bear. Vegapunk himself said he was shocked by how much of the originals personality and character was passed down into the seraphim so I really wouldn’t be shocked if S-Bear inherited that fatherly character of Bonney and if he absorbs Kumas memories, he’ll basically be kuma just in a different body
Post automatically merged:

Why was S-Snake in love with Luffy if love can’t be passed down to the seraphim?
I think I would prefer it if the Seraphim were treated more like independent characters rather than simply extensions of the originals. I could see S-Bear breaking free of his programming and attacking Saturn because he retains the love Kuma had for his daughter, but I would definitely prefer it if the Seraphim are treated more like some silly kids who just so happen to have the warlords' personalities rather than as some kind of "reincarnation" of the originals

Also Bonney already took on Kuma's memories. And to me Kuma's memories being inherited by his beloved daughter hits a lot harder than if they went to S-Bear who was sorta just hanging out in the background for most of this arc

I'm not voting for bonney , but Kuma is going to die, he'll come to Egghead to save her and then gets killed by Saturn

Kuma is a worshipper of the Sun God Nika, who is known for liberation and bending/stretching reality.

The focus of his childhood was his father raising Kuma to believe that someday Nika would liberate him. I don't think that means killing him, I think it means Luffy will save Kuma's life.

If Kuma's already dead, then why in the hell is his body breaking programming? If Kuma had no sense of self left, he would have listened to the Celestial Dragons when he attacked Mary Geoise.

Clearly there's still some Kuma left in there.