Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Yeah this storyline kinda came out of nowhere, Kuma seems to be the shishibukai who's gotten the most attention at this point.

Bonney is really hard to root for tho, she's just so meh
Considering that the supernovas only exist because an editor suggested the idea to Oda, its possible Bonney was never a part of Kuma's original story, hence why she kinda feels a bit meh and tacked on.

I would like to extend the bet to maybe 3 months, if that is ok with you?
Don't you also have a bet with me and like 3 other people? How do you plan to keep all these bets? :zorothink:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rest in Peace and Shine in Light
Bro, forget the shark. Logiko just jumped the entire ocean in these past few pages
The funniest thing is I still believe Carrot will join.

If she does, he's probably going to make a legit book stating how he predicted it all happening despite being fucking wrong about everything like everyone else at the end of fucking Wano.

The more and more I look through human history, I pity children for one simple reason: HOLY HELL adults cannot admit when they're wrong.

If she does, he's probably going to make a legit book stating how he predicted it all happening despite being fucking wrong about everything like everyone else at the end of fucking Wano.

The more and more I look through human history, I pity children for one simple reason: HOLY HELL adults cannot admit when they're wrong.
What????????
Don't you know she (checks notes) is all the pillars needed to be the lookout?

What????????
Don't you know she (checks notes) is all the pillars needed to be the lookout?
People arguing about Carrot's position will never not be funny to me, because Oda literally introduced her DOING her position; scout.

-Very fast, able to move in midair
-Great smell, hearing, and eyesight (I was going to put "great sense of smell" but "great smell" is fucking hilarious)
-Strong legs that let her jump to incredible heights

Usopp will always be lookout, it makes more sense for the lookout to be able to snipe things so they can immediately deal with whatever they see. Carrot can take over for Usopp as needed, though, which is nice.

People arguing about Carrot's position will never not be funny to me, because Oda literally introduced her DOING her position; scout.

-Very fast, able to move in midair
-Great smell, hearing, and eyesight (I was going to put "great sense of smell" but "great smell" is fucking hilarious)
-Strong legs that let her jump to incredible heights

Usopp will always be lookout, it makes more sense for the lookout to be able to snipe things so they can immediately deal with whatever they see. Carrot can take over for Usopp as needed, though, which is nice.
Nah clearly she can shoot Electro bullets lol
But for real though, this makes a lot of sense.
She would be a great scout. Not sure what other candidates like Yamato would be though, would have to research ship positions.

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑

Unironically would be hilarious if that happens, at the very least it would be super entertaining :gokulaugh:

I think the sad part is that I genuinely wanted Carrot to join back in WCI, but her chances just kept lowering after the arc ended (unsurprisingly).
That perospero "fight" was particularly nasty of oda :josad:

Nah clearly she can shoot Electro bullets lol
But for real though, this makes a lot of sense.
She would be a great scout. Not sure what other candidates like Yamato would be though, would have to research ship positions.
Just wait for Stussy to teach her daughter Carrot how to use Flying Finger Pistol, and Carrot will have flying Electro bullets!

:carrocorn:

Yamato's a good ship guard because of her durability and ice powers (able to freeze other ships/freeze the ocean around the Sunny so it can't be captured).

Otherwise, she's a general combatant/tank.

Yamato could be the watchdog, not even joking, it's funny because she's a dog and sunny being left alone and unguarded as been a plot point in one piece dozens of times.

And it would be kinda badass to have some saboteurs BBP high comand come to the Sunny and then the DUN DUND DUND UDN overtaken ost plays and Yamato comes out of the shadows and says "i'm oDeN, protector of the Straw hat ship".

I used to mock Carrot fans because I thought she's too weak but then I remember we have someone who gets like low to mid diffed at most by Vergo or Daifuku on the crew (Usopp)
Never understood people who powerscale SH candidates, most SH are below YC5

Now... If this system can't really predict anything, CAN WE predict anything ?

Well... Yes I still think so.. But I think that we are looking at the problem the wrong way. Instead for trying to confirm a candidate and therefore confirm a bias, we should do the opposite

I mean that instead of saying "how can we say that Bonney will join", the thing we should really ask ourself is rather: "How can we get rid of any possible other candidate ?"
Oda has written the story in such a way that it is literally impossible for him now to not make Lucci a Straw hat pirate. Currently, there is no other character anymore, who would fit all of Oda's hints regarding the 11th SHP. No one! Except Lucci and Hattori. I literally have ruled out any other characters by now and only Lucci is left. Try it - every hint Oda ever published can be applied to Lucci and Hattori.

While I tried to do that at first with the 5 golden rules. In reality, I discovered only what the strawhats had in common at the end of the line, not what they needed to have to be good potential candidate.

I think that instead of looking at the post or a dream or anything like that, we should look at one core principle:

THE NARRATIVE POTENTIAL

You mean the narrative potential, which would arise, if Lucci joined Luffy and Vivi got wind of it? How would she react to the fact that Luffy now has a crew member, who has supported the side, which was responsible for her father's death? And I wont start with the man with the burned scar, as everyone, who has connections to the underworld, seems to at least have heard of that guy somehow (Kuzan; Law; Kid). Luffy can be glad that Lucci has connections to the underworld as well, as he is a broker.

Yamato being a Guardian of Wano fits being a Ship Guard. However, I do not expect Yamato to stay on the Sunny when they dock. I would expect Yamato to do their best impression of Oden by jumping off the ship and running fully tilt to whatever adventure awaits the island...similar to Luffy. Problem is by doing so Yamato would be neglecting their duty of guarding the Sunny.

So even though Yamato has some skills to be a Ship Guardian, Yamato's "Oden" personality does not mesh well to being a Ship Guard.

Oda has written the story in such a way that it is literally impossible for him now to not make Lucci a Straw hat pirate.
Based

Yamato being a Guardian of Wano fits being a Ship Guard. However, I do not expect Yamato to stay on the Sunny when they dock. I would expect Yamato to do their best impression of Oden by jumping off the ship and running fully tilt to whatever adventure awaits the island...similar to Luffy. Problem is by doing so Yamato would be neglecting their duty of guarding the Sunny.

So even though Yamato has some skills to be a Ship Guardian, Yamato's "Oden" personality does not mesh well to being a Ship Guard.
I dunno i don't see any other role for her tho, she's to me top 3-4 candidates most likely to join. :choppawhat: