Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
This will be my avi after a week or so, I generally agree. I just can't deal with anything that's wildly non-proportional, usually. There are exceptions, though.

But this? Peak.

I still miss Pre Time Skip Robin, such a ridiculously beautiful character. She's still great, but man Robin's face, just that pensive stare, those mysterious eyes, her jet-black hair. I could just look at her face for days.

I think Vivi's new design is nice, the wavy hair is a lot more bold. I just need Karoo to eat a Mythical Devil Fruit.

Nearly 1000 chapters saving Vivi for Pluton, holy crap.

If Pluton gets offscreened Luton man, it's fucking Luton. PLZ no Luton Oda PLZ.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rest in Peace and Shine in Light
The sand effects on the bottom are just a nice touch. I love anime art where the characters look honestly happy, it's a big reason I like One Piece. Oda does a great job with smiles. I could go on and on about how each character's different smile means something to me.

I guess that's a big part of a character being Nakama to me, as weird as it sounds.

Vivi, Carrot, Yamato, and Tama all had Nakama smiles to me at times, just they big, goofy cheery grins.

I like serious anime, too, but the lighthearted stuff is good for my soul.

What does this have to do with the minks is what I'm asking.
First, because minks have the same status as fishmen in the institutions of the One Piece world. They are just less researched than fishmen and mermaids. Second because Mink represents a positive attitude concerning the status of race acceptation and an example of extreme humanization.

Both races are depicted as EXTREMELY human.

For those reasons, Minks and fishmen can be considered a representation of the struggle of racialized people, very powerful and human populations in the real world and an amazing representation of people that should be accepted in their identities. Therefore we must question and call out the fact that people are using dehumanization rethorics and techniques to attack Carrot or Jinbe.

Again, the way we treat people in fiction is linked with the way we treat people in real life.

First, because minks have the same status as fishmen in the institutions of the One Piece world.
The minks have the same bounty at the auction house as all the other abnormal species in that world except for the fishman and giants.
The fishman are higher than everyone other than the giants so this is already wrong.
For those reasons, Minks and fishmen can be considered a representation of the struggle of racialized people, very powerful and human populations in the real world and an amazing representation of people that should be accepted in their identities.
Nobody other than the Celestial Dragons and Perospero has ever spewed anything derogatory about the minks in the story. You know the villains?

It's not like the fishman where they're pretty much forced to live in Fishman island because of discrimination, the minks primarily live on Zou because that's just been their home for centuries.

Not comparable.