*enters thread, whoa, few pages, must be some interesting discussion!*

Meanwhile the thread:
Racism
Boobs
Furries
Shit posting
2 posts of serious nakama talk
Walls of text courtesy to Logiko

I guess I will get back when the chapter drops to discuss how the giants would be an amazing addition to the Grand Fleet or something.

Oh, and just to be on topic - biggest boobs in OP belong to this character!

Until we meet the giant chicks I suppose :catsure:
Oda cooked having an innocent 16 year old have enormous titties. I'm sure there's absolute nothing wrong with him mentally.

You're surprised at the nudity in works aimed at people approaching or dealing with puberty, the age where the sexual desire is at the apex?
Well, I started reading manga when I turned 17, and I didn't like the amount of fanservice even then. I mean, if I want something hot and steamy, I go read smut manga directly, not shounen. If it doesn't make sense in the story (and quite often it does not), it's just "ok yet another cliche beach episode just because".

#woof

Same institutional status means sames institutionnal racism. Because the minks are less researched doesn't means that they are "less hated". The institutional racism of the WG is the same for all races in the One Piece worlds, the fishmen just happen to be more valuable on the slave market.

Lets not try to compare who is more or less hated there.. I have enough of those toxic conversation in the real world.

The systemic racism against non human races is implied by the story. Because it isn't shown doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Fishmen are THE representation, but what the fishmen are living other races are living it as well.

Completely comparable on the contrary.

Yes, because in one case the term is used as a delegitimation tool, in the other its used as a description and nothing else.

Because the word "animal" can be used as a dehumanization tool. There are literally present gov and people that are using this word to justify genocide and war crime.

And in this thread, the word was not used as a description tool but as a delegitimization tool against Carrot (and in the past against Jinbe on other forums). People should know that using this rethoric to delegitimate characters is not normal.

The story of One Piece is specifically created to deliver anti dehumanization messages. So I'm sorry if you feel that I bring this topic a bit too much, but that's precisely what One Piece is about. And when we talk about the potential of a character to join, its always nice to understand that dehumanizing said character is not really "cool".

You do what you want mate.

Like what :choppawhat:

------------------------------------------

Funny thing is..

This "excitment" you guys are generating (because I'm not the one doing it here, I'm literally making one post per hour) is really revelating of your mindset. I'm seeing the same pattern emerging when I'm talking about a slighly leftist subject in front of a bunch of far rightist in the political thread:

The MOMENT someone says something that question your belief system, its like the rise of the dalek.. You are all attacking as a single hivemind in order to justify your vision or laugh at the vision that is threatening your belief system..

So predictible... and I understand ! Not attacking me would be agreeing that you guys participated in a compagn of harrassment with a lot of sexist and racist bias.. But let's be honest one second, things would be so much easier for you if you started listening honestly to me for once instead of letting your bias speak..

But hey.. If you like freaking out so much...

:kayneshrug:

Case and point...
Dude, you need serious help... :ohreally:

Why do you have such a hard time acepting they are animals? The monkey mink is literally not a "humanoid race with animal atribute", he is quite literally a monkey.
Not more than us. We are animals too. Technically we are ALL animals, minks included.

The point is that words have a CONTEXTUAL MEANING. And calling a mink an animal to attack one of them is a form a dehumanization just like calling a human a animal is ALSO a form of dehumanization.

Again, words have contextual meaning.

You just deny everything it's amazing
No, mostly bs.

he has 0 humanoid features
So Bepo :
- Don't talk ?
- Don't think ?
- Don't feel ?
- Doesn't stand ?
- Does wear cloth ?
- Doesn't walk on his feets ?
Etc.

Hm ? "No humanoid features" ?

So the only people who've displayed any sort of hate/predjudicism for the mink people are once again, the villains of the story.
The bad guys
The characters who the reader is supposed to be disgusted towards.

Where in the story did regular citizens or hell even the not good pirates display any racism towards the animal people? ffs Law has one on his crew
You don't understand what institutional/systemic racism is mate ?

If not, I won't explain it here. It would be a waste of time for both of us.

Carrot acts like a rabbit (because she is one)
Wanda acts like a dog (because she is one)
Have attribute of =/= Are

The minks are just as much as animals as other humans.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT CHARACTERS ON A PIECE OF PAPER, WHAT TOXICITY?!
If you don't understand that point, I won't explain it to you. Its a waste of time. Plus, this would need a long political explaination and Mods here are completely freaking out when debate outside of the political thread becomes a little bit too much political. So lets leave it as that.

Carrot caught heat for a lot of different reasons lmao, if anything her race was extremely minor in the cease pool of problems people had with her.
Yes indeed, there was also sexist reasons. Now, I'm talking about a specific subject here.

Logiko your description of Minks as "humanoid with animal atributes" might actually be offensives towards Minks since it has the underlining assumption that Humans are the default and animals are inferior in some way.
Indeed. But what you don't understand is that you are forcing me to give you that definition since you don't accept the mink as ust "the minks". In the context of a description compared to our world : Humanoid don't mean human, it means human like. The difference is that I don't attack Mink here contrary to other people. I use that specifically to describe further a race that you still want to consider as animals when they are not.

Again, the minks are the minks, that's what I said to you. You don't need to add the term "animals" or me "humanoid with animals attribute". The minks are the minks. Just like the fishmen are the fishmen.

Animal are not "inferior". The point is that using the word "animal" as a way to attack a character or a person that is dehumanizing. Don't make me quote actual people in real life and real life event to make you understand that... Again, words have contextual meanings. Linguistic 101.

Maybe with this leftist racial type of logic you'll understand
You have made my point for me bro, you did not help yourself..

You can call them animals with people characeteristics or humanoids with animal characteristics, some are human like, others are just animals basically, it doesn't matter it's a cartoon with cartoon logic
It matters when we analyse the behavior that consist in dehumanizing said characters to attack and degelitimize them.

If the minks were real people I would just call them minks and leave it at that.
I completely agree. That's what any proper individual should do.

The mink are the minks, there are no reason to call them "animals".

This is all a low key to excuse bestiality and to make it morally aceptable to clap Tristan
Dude.. if you want you can imagine this case:

Imagine that one day a space ship lands on earth and the extraterrestrial beings happens to look like cat standing up. Would you dare to call them "animals" ?

Or would you call them by he name of their race ?

It's fine, i already feel like a retard for unironically comming to an online forum to discuss the merits or issues with calling cartoon animal people animals.
The problem here is you thinking that the link between the interactions of the reality and the fictionnal its not an important topic.

Putting Carrot there is just disrespectful to the rest of them. Only one who grew up happy without struggle.
#woof...

Apparently calling Minks animals is racist now?
Not necessaraly. If you call mink and other races as animals to describe their biological nature (as we are all animals) then no, there is nothing inherently wrong with it.

The problem comes with the context. And its the context that is important here:

If you essentialize a mink or a fishmen to their animal attribute and nothing more to attack them or delegitimize them, then yes, its called "dehumanization" and in the context of One Piece, its inherently racist. Just like calling human "animals" to justify genocide or war crime is a dehumanization process and inherently racist when its aimed at racialized people in real life.

Dude, you need serious help...
sure :yurazclear:

Not more than us. We are animals too. Technically we are ALL animals, minks included.

The point is that words have a CONTEXTUAL MEANING. And calling a mink an animal to attack one of them is a form a dehumanization just like calling a human a animal is ALSO a form of dehumanization.

No, mostly bs.

So Bepo :
- Don't talk ?
- Don't think ?
- Don't feel ?
- Doesn't stand ?
- Does wear cloth ?
Etc.

If you don't understand that point, I won't explain it to you. Its a waste of time. Plus, this would need a long political explaination and Mods here are completely freaking out when debate outside of the political thread becomes a little bit too much political. So lets leave it as that.

Yes indeed, there was also sexist reasons. Now, I'm talking about a specific subject here.

Indeed. But what you don't understand is that you are forcing me to give you that definition since you don't accept the mink as ust "the minks". In the context of a description compared to our world : Humanoid don't mean human, it means human like. The difference is that I don't attack Mink here contrary to other people. I use that specifically to describe further a race that you still want to consider as animals when they are not.

Again, the minks are the minks, that's what I said to you. You don't need to add the term "animals" or me "humanoid with animals attribute". The minks are the minks. Just like the fishmen are the fishmen.

Animal are not "inferior". The point is that using the word "animal" as a way to attack a character or a person that is dehumanizing. Don't make me quote actual people in real life and real life event to make you understand that... Again, words have contextual meanings. Linguistic 101.

It matters when we analyse the behavior that consist in dehumanizing said characters to attack and degelitimize them.

Imagine that one day a space ship lands on earth and the extraterrestrial beings happens to look like cat standing up. Would you dare to call them "animals" ?

The problem here is you thinking that the link between the interactions of the reality and the fictionnal its not an important topic.

#woof...

Not necessaraly. If you call mink and other races as animals to describe their biological nature (as we are all animals) then no, there is nothing inherently wrong with it.

If you essentialize a mink or a fishmen to their animal attribute and nothing more to attack them or delegitimize them, then yes, its called "dehumanization" and in the context of One Piece, its inherently racist. Just like calling human "animals" to justify genocide or war crime is a dehumanization process and inherently racist when its aimed at racialized people in real life.

From all your walls of text I conclude that you simply don't like animals.

No, mostly bs.

So Bepo :
- Don't talk ?
- Don't think ?
- Don't feel ?
- Doesn't stand ?
- Does wear cloth ?
Etc.

#woof...

Lol are you saying that Carrot crying means shit
She's crying over someone who iirc wasn't even related to her
I've literally went through more trauma than her. Think about that.

- Don't talk ?
- Don't think ?
- Don't feel ?
- Doesn't stand ?
- Does wear cloth ?
Etc.
Animals communicate in their own ways
Animals have feelings like wtf?!
Animals stand on feet too?!?
Not all humans wear the same amount of clothes at all times. Do people suddenly lose their civilisation level when they put on a bikini on the beach? your logic makes no sense whatsoever

From all your walls of text I conclude that you simply don't like animals.
Why ? I love animals

But people have to understand the power of words in specific context. When someone call another individual "an animal" in order to attack them. They are not trying to explain their biological nature, they are trying to remove all what is making them legitimate to justify their attacks or hatred:

And since noone wants to understand:

This is what happens in real life when someone has been led to believe that its normal to call "animals" other people.

Here, we are talking about fiction, its therefore not the same scale. But its important to understand the relationship between the way we treat fiction and the way we treat reality.

She's crying over someone who iirc wasn't even related to her
Dude has been a mentor figure for her, she wears a green cape most likely because of him, she listen carefully to him, she is literally the bearer of his will.. but he was "no even related to her" ?

Please.... :seriously:

I've literally went through more trauma than her. Think about that.
And ? Usopp just lost his mother and people lost a lot more in real life, does it mean that Usopp is not legitimate as a strawhat ?

your logic makes no sense whatsoever
You are cheerypeecking here... just to counter my point. Come on..

No, mostly bs.

So Bepo :
- Don't talk ?
- Don't think ?
- Don't feel ?
- Doesn't stand ?
- Does wear cloth ?
Etc.

#woof...

I'm sorry for being blunt but this sort of behavior ain't normal dude, that's all I'm saying. You're taking on a weird righteous attitude over japanese cartoons and almost any topic ffs.

And you kind of ruin any Carrot fans' attempts to defend her by having a Carrot post thrown into every Great Wall of Text you make talking about some weird socio-political shit. I was going to try and defend her by bringing up her lack of a detailed backstory and her lack of parents as possible hints of her having something more tragic we don't know about, but you just kind suck the fun out of this. :risitameh:
This thread is getting pretty messed up. ngl