Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I want to describe, what I think of the current situation: The fight between Zoro and Lucci started, because Lucci attacked Vegapunk and Stussy shielded the Stellar with her body.

As I said before, I think that Stussy is on the WG’s side and only shielded the Stellar, because Punk Records would die, if he died – and the WG wants it to be kept safe at all costs. Lucci knew that she was on the WG’s side and wanted her out of the way, because he is on the SHP’s/Vegapunk’s side and wants them to be able to leave the island. Lucci banked on her needing to interfere, if he was to attack the Stellar – and she did do so. This way, Lucci could get her out of the way.

But with this move, he also did bank on something else: He wants the SHPs to see him as an enemy. The reason why he wants this is, because he knows what Kizaru is capable of and knows that if they all wanted to flee, the admiral could bridge the distance quite easily using his DF-power as seen in chapter 1992 and 1093 . This means that someone needs to stay back and stall Kizaru as long as the Sunny needs to get away (it’s not done with only one or two kms between Kizaru and the Sunny.).

However, Luffy and the others would not allow anyone of them to stay back and sacrifice himself so the others could flee. Everyone would wait until they can flee together as a group. The CP0 agent even commented in chapter 1107 on it saying, that the SHPs are unable to cut off one limb to safe the body – Lucci knows this very well and considers this in his plan – the SHPs are unable to make sacrifices.

And her it gets interesting because the characters of Lucci and Kizaru both consider sacrifices necessary. And both are ok with making sacrifices (Kizaru sacrificed his friends – Vegapunk, Bonney, etc. because of his mission and Lucci was sacrificing Robin for his mission as well). Now Lucci needs the SHPs to see him as an enemy, for him to be able to stay on the island and stall Kizaru for everyone to be able to flee. They would not wait for an enemy after all - because this time, he is going to act as the ultimate sacrafice.

This is also, why Oda did not lay so much focus on the fight between Zoro and Lucci and why many found it to be boring. It was a stalling fight with an unsatisfying ending.

Important is that Zoro was the only character, who was able to stall Lucci. Not because of his strength, but because he gets lost so easily. With everyone else, Lucci could have somehow fled the fight or broken it up – not with Zoro though. If he had broken up the fight with Zoro, that latter would have gotten lost and it would have maybe been a long time until they would have found him again. So, Lucci had to keep Zoro with him in one place – for someone to come and get Zoro. This is why the fight ended right as Jinbe came. Now, Lucci could be certain that Jinbe would lead Zoro back to the Sunny and he could end the fight the moment he noticed Jinbe. Take a look at chapter 1107, in which Zoro says that Lucci sound like he decides how long this fight will last – and indeed the agent did determine how long they fought, because Lucci did determine when he wanted to loose – when Jinbe arrived to take Zoro with him, he let Zoro win.

(Oda needed this stalling for Bonney and Kuma’s story to have space to be able to develop and breath. Now that it is over, we will see the other main-plot of the arc coming into focus. And here, Lucci is heavily involved.)

Now Lucci has successfully separated himself from the rest and is now able to follow his extended agenda - facing the WG and Kizaru.

In the next few chapters, we will have him going against the WG. If it happens in chapter 1111 it would be even better, because of the numerical reference to the 11th crew member. But here we have to wait.

You see, I still think that Lucci is going to betray the WG and will fight Kizaru – I’m as strongly convinced as never before.

And I somehow can’t wait anymore – Oda is drawing it out. 😣
:steef::steef::goyea:

Think of the big picture.

What is the actual goal of the Revolutionaries? To get rid of the World Nobles.

We don't know the "End" of Luffy's dream, but, we know that he wants to be the Pirate King to be the most free person in the world. In order to be that free, who does Luffy have to get rid of?

Bing bong, the Celestial Dragons. Until Luffy gets rid of the Celestial Dragons and Imu, nothing else can change.

It's entirely possible Sabo fits into Luffy's dream, Oda offscreened Luffy's dream after they left Wano for a reason.
Yeah, but I still am not convinced Sabo needs another crew rather than the one he already has in Revos. But I still kinda like the idea of another Marineford.

I want to describe, what I think of the current situation: The fight between Zoro and Lucci started, because Lucci attacked Vegapunk and Stussy shielded the Stellar with her body.

As I said before, I think that Stussy is on the WG’s side and only shielded the Stellar, because Punk Records would die, if he died – and the WG wants it to be kept safe at all costs. Lucci knew that she was on the WG’s side and wanted her out of the way, because he is on the SHP’s/Vegapunk’s side and wants them to be able to leave the island. Lucci banked on her needing to interfere, if he was to attack the Stellar – and she did do so. This way, Lucci could get her out of the way.

But with this move, he also did bank on something else: He wants the SHPs to see him as an enemy. The reason why he wants this is, because he knows what Kizaru is capable of and knows that if they all wanted to flee, the admiral could bridge the distance quite easily using his DF-power as seen in chapter 1992 and 1093 . This means that someone needs to stay back and stall Kizaru as long as the Sunny needs to get away (it’s not done with only one or two kms between Kizaru and the Sunny.).

However, Luffy and the others would not allow anyone of them to stay back and sacrifice himself so the others could flee. Everyone would wait until they can flee together as a group. The CP0 agent even commented in chapter 1107 on it saying, that the SHPs are unable to cut off one limb to safe the body – Lucci knows this very well and considers this in his plan – the SHPs are unable to make sacrifices.

And her it gets interesting because the characters of Lucci and Kizaru both consider sacrifices necessary. And both are ok with making sacrifices (Kizaru sacrificed his friends – Vegapunk, Bonney, etc. because of his mission and Lucci was sacrificing Robin for his mission as well). Now Lucci needs the SHPs to see him as an enemy, for him to be able to stay on the island and stall Kizaru for everyone to be able to flee. They would not wait for an enemy after all - because this time, he is going to act as the ultimate sacrafice.

This is also, why Oda did not lay so much focus on the fight between Zoro and Lucci and why many found it to be boring. It was a stalling fight with an unsatisfying ending.

Important is that Zoro was the only character, who was able to stall Lucci. Not because of his strength, but because he gets lost so easily. With everyone else, Lucci could have somehow fled the fight or broken it up – not with Zoro though. If he had broken up the fight with Zoro, that latter would have gotten lost and it would have maybe been a long time until they would have found him again. So, Lucci had to keep Zoro with him in one place – for someone to come and get Zoro. This is why the fight ended right as Jinbe came. Now, Lucci could be certain that Jinbe would lead Zoro back to the Sunny and he could end the fight the moment he noticed Jinbe. Take a look at chapter 1107, in which Zoro says that Lucci sound like he decides how long this fight will last – and indeed the agent did determine how long they fought, because Lucci did determine when he wanted to loose – when Jinbe arrived to take Zoro with him, he let Zoro win.

(Oda needed this stalling for Bonney and Kuma’s story to have space to be able to develop and breath. Now that it is over, we will see the other main-plot of the arc coming into focus. And here, Lucci is heavily involved.)

Now Lucci has successfully separated himself from the rest and is now able to follow his extended agenda - facing the WG and Kizaru.

In the next few chapters, we will have him going against the WG. If it happens in chapter 1111 it would be even better, because of the numerical reference to the 11th crew member. But here we have to wait.

You see, I still think that Lucci is going to betray the WG and will fight Kizaru – I’m as strongly convinced as never before.

And I somehow can’t wait anymore – Oda is drawing it out. 😣
Oh boiiiii..... I hope you won't have any memetics breakdowns when none of this happens. This theory of Lucci joining is getting crazier and crazier, to the point that I start to worry about you! Just let it go. You're still a cool person.

But I still kinda like the idea of another Marineford.
Are you serious
Post automatically merged:

Think of the big picture.

What is the actual goal of the Revolutionaries? To get rid of the World Nobles.

We don't know the "End" of Luffy's dream, but, we know that he wants to be the Pirate King to be the most free person in the world. In order to be that free, who does Luffy have to get rid of?

Bing bong, the Celestial Dragons. Until Luffy gets rid of the Celestial Dragons and Imu, nothing else can change.

It's entirely possible Sabo fits into Luffy's dream, Oda offscreened Luffy's dream after they left Wano for a reason.
But they don't have to be on the same crew to achieve their dreams, even if they have a somewhat common goal they go about it in their own individual ways.
Impel Down was created to hold Nika in the first place, an underwater prison with no sunlight that's meant to be impossible to escape from.
Thats actually an interesting idea

I mean, SHP gotta loose sometimes, keeps the tension higher. Maybe I don't want the exact same location, but I entertain the idea of Luffy getting captured and his allies heading to help. @CoC: Color of Clowns has a nice theory that Egghead is a parallel to Sabaody, and it's actually quite interesting, although with the Giant Pirates appearing I can see SHP easily escaping all the hell on Egghead.

I mean, SHP gotta loose sometimes, keeps the tension higher. Maybe I don't want the exact same location, but I entertain the idea of Luffy getting captured and his allies heading to help. @CoC: Color of Clowns has a nice theory that Egghead is a parallel to Sabaody, and it's actually quite interesting, although with the Giant Pirates appearing I can see SHP easily escaping all the hell on Egghead.
If Oda were to repeat the Impel Down capture plot I would riot

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
[QUOTE="Bisoromi Bear]But they don't have to be on the same crew to achieve their dreams, even if they have a somewhat common goal they go about it in their own individual ways.

Thats actually an interesting idea[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're right, they don't need to be on the same crew, I'm thinking about how Sabo would feel if he almost came close to losing his last brother. What would he choose to do? Let Luffy go off on his own? Or protect him?

If Luffy's dream WILL help defeat the Celestial Dragons, and it could let Sabo keep Luffy from getting captured again, he'd join Luffy, I think.

On the topic of Impel Down being used to imprison Nika, I want to see Imu's face reveal when they gloat to Luffy about capturing them.

Yeah, you're right, they don't need to be on the same crew, I'm thinking about how Sabo would feel if he almost came close to losing his last brother. What would he choose to do? Let Luffy go off on his own? Or protect him?

If Luffy's dream WILL help defeat the Celestial Dragons, and it could let Sabo keep Luffy from getting captured again, he'd join Luffy, I think.

On the topic of Impel Down being used to imprison Nika, I want to see Imu's face reveal when they gloat to Luffy about capturing them.
Even IF Luffy gets captured and imprisoned there's no need for Sabo to join the SHs after the saved Luffy

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave

Even IF Luffy gets captured and imprisoned there's no need for Sabo to join the SHs after the saved Luffy[/QUOTE]
Two years laters and I'm still complete shit at quoting. LOL.

:few:

This series isn't based about needs, it's based around character's dreams, right?

If it was based around needs Wano would have looked a lot different.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I think the poll should be reset and reduced to characters who really are potential candidates at this point...

Vivi - yes
Hancock - yes
Bonney - yes
Smoker - no
Bellamy - no
Caribou - yes
@Pot Goblin - yes
Vegapunk - yes
Yamato - no
Carrot - no
Stussy - yes
Lucci - no
@Pot Goblin the best nakama candidate!
Do we already know what dream or sad backstory @Pot Goblin had? Or idea of what post he/she would be?
:pepemwai:

Because this is not the politics thread. We have a section for this now.

All stories are political.

Meaning that a discussion about a stories has a LOT of chances to be political as well. And since we are discussing, debating and sometimes arguing about the next Nakama in the crew. We are putting in conflict different characters and therefore different values. And this is what politics are: A conflict of values.

And since some defensors of some character have used or are using some of the values of one character against the values of others.. the result is therefore even more politics than any other debate. Which makes this thread perfectly legitimate to have a political discussion in.

- When we explain that you don't need to be strong to be accepted in the group, we make politics
- When we explain that you need to be an ally and not a murderer to be accepted in the group, we make politics
- When we explain that a character's story had ended because the author choosed to show how important it is to find our own way to express freedom, we make politics
- When we explain that we should have more women in the group, we make politics
- When we explain that somefandom are toxic and why because of structural reasons, we make politics
- When we explain that a character should not be denied just because of their appearance, we make politics

Etc.

Political discussions are all over this thread without you even noticing it.

I'm only putting a spotlight on some of them.