Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I'm not counting out Luffy vs Saturn still happening in egghead. Despite the other gorosei showing up, Saturn still has all the setup as the big bad of this arc. Luffy needs to beat him to resolve Bonney and Kuma's plot.
Yeah, I get where you are coming from, but Luffy explicitly said they're running away and as of now he cannot realistically defeat Saturn, even with Giants helping.
Unless Oda has yet another trump card in his sleeve.

I kinda feel we need a "training" arc now, so that other SHP can catch up to Luffy ..

Yeah, I get where you are coming from, but Luffy explicitly said they're running away and as of now he cannot realistically defeat Saturn, even with Giants helping.
Unless Oda has yet another trump card in his sleeve.

I kinda feel we need a "training" arc now, so that other SHP can catch up to Luffy ..
They ran away in WCI but Luffy still had a huge fight against Katakuri. The other gorosei showing up is actually what makes Luffy vs Saturn more likely because now Saturn can go down and the strawhats still have to run away.

As for not being able to beat him, there's obviously some trick to the regeneration he has to figure out. It's definitely not impossible.

Because it's a reacreation of the mountain god incident and because he's presumably the top gorosei but also not Luffy or Zoro's opponent, so no other strawhat makes sense for the matchup.
A looooooooooooooot of assumptions here

Ju Peter is number 1, Saturn is number 5 - these are the numbers that would lend to the strongest Gorosei if the numbers are relevant at all

Warcury's shown Haoshoku Haki, and that's it. It's almost 100% certain they will all have all the same Haki abilities as eachother.

Also, what is the need to recreate the mountain god incident?

Last edited:
A looooooooooooooot of assumptions here

Ju Peter is number 1, Saturn is number 5 - these are the numbers that would lend to the strongest Gorosei if the numbers are relevant at all

Warcury's shown Haoshoku Haki, and that's it. It's almost 100% certain they will all have all the same Haki abilities as eachother.

Also, what is the need to recreate the mountain god incident?
Look I'm not saying it has to happen, just that she already has a perfect matchup if she does join.

As far as warcury, it's more that he's the one in the middle, acts as if he's the one in charge, and his name is literally top man. Maybe he's not the strongest, I just said presumably.

All I'm saying is that if we already know the endgame opponents, it helps a newcomers case if there's a good matchup for them.
You got a point. But then I remember that Sanji vs King aerial battle didn't happen either
True, but like I said, it's just the fact that there are opponents that make sense for her in both the endgame enemy factions. Also Sanji vs King was always a pipe dream. Zoro will fight the sword guy every single time.

The satellites offered the perfect counter to the road poneglyphs. If you want Luffy to have more rivals on the journey to the PK, have VP already know (through Ohara or through his own research) what the four road poneglyphs say, then have each satellite align/go/be kidnapped by a different faction, so that said knowledge can be harnessed by different people.

The satellites offered the perfect counter to the road poneglyphs. If you want Luffy to have more rivals on the journey to the PK, have VP already know (through Ohara or through his own research) what the four road poneglyphs say, then have each satellite align/go/be kidnapped by a different faction, so that said knowledge can be harnessed by different people.
Maybe cross guild, since Blackbeard and Shanks already have 3 poneglyphs and a potential way to read them. I could see York joining them.