Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Carrot fans coping as always? :suresure::suresure::suresure:

She would soon be a distant memory:gokulaugh:
It’s not even Carrot fans at this point, Yamato joining is such a sure thing that it’s only whether you’re arguing for it or you’re arguing because you have nothing else in your life that brings you joy (in the pervert’s case, it’s both since no Yamato means he has no personality) :smoothy:

If this is some sort of new definition thanks to the LGBTQ+, feminism, social justice influence than I disagree in every way. A tomboy girl adapts some guy's traits/characteristics, dresses a bit different (doesn't apply to all tomboys) and acts tough. She still shows her feminine side to people she's vulnerable with, especially a guy she likes.
Fuck that community, idgaf about them, but you finally have a better definition.

The problem with Yamato's character is the way Oda has written her. A girl acting like a guy. Utter stupid and bullshit at its finest. It would've been fine if she was a strong female character like Hancock, Big Mom and Devon, instead we got someone trying to pretend who she's not. She's obviously joining the SHs but what makes me dislike her is what I explained.
I hate the Oden stuff but that’s obviously supposed to be a character growth thing

I hate the Oden stuff but that’s obviously supposed to be a character growth thing
She would've been up there with Boa Hancock amongst favorite characters if she was portrayed as a strong and powerful woman, while being soft and feminine (her self) within the SH crew. Treating Luffy like a normal person and coping with his stupidity (this is what Robin does with Luffy). It would've made Yamato one of the best female characters rivaling Hancock.

Instead we the readers get shoved stupid things in the face. Especially characters like Kiku and Izou who are born men, but dress and act like women ("women at heart"). I get there were a lot of guys pretending to be women in Japanese history, but please stop shoving it in my face. This is why I love the Mongols and The Huns, they were the manliest of the Asiatic tribes.

She would've been up there with Boa Hancock amongst favorite characters if she was portrayed as a strong and powerful woman, while being soft and feminine (her self) within the SH crew. Treating Luffy like a normal person and coping with his stupidity (this is what Robin does with Luffy). It would've made Yamato one of the best female characters rivaling Hancock.

Instead we the readers get shoved stupid things in the face. Especially characters like Kiku and Izou who are born men, but dress and act like women ("women at heart"). I get there were a lot of guys pretending to be women in Japanese history, but please stop shoving it in my face. This is why I love the Mongols and The Huns, they were the manliest of the Asiatic tribes.
We don't need another women who just looks and acts pretty, a rough and tough woman is something we could have, Yamato is close enough.

We don't need another women who just looks and acts pretty, a rough and tough woman is something we could have, Yamato is close enough.
The whole point of rough and tough is to strike fear in the enemy whether you're a woman or a man. Being soft in front of your enemies is a sign of weakness. Also Yamato is already design wise hot.

The whole point of rough and tough is to strike fear in the enemy whether you're a woman or a man. Being soft in front of your enemies is a sign of weakness. Also Yamato is already design wise hot.
Doesn't mean we can't have both, imo she does both. Sure she could be more wild/tough/rough but what we got is what we got. Needlessly arguing on this won't get us anywhere

Boku girls are tomboys in japan lol, she just chose to copy Oden but like I said that is likely something she will shed off.

I would actually prefer if yamato had some definition to her character design tbh, idk if you consider that masculine

Doesn't mean we can't have both, imo she does both. Sure she could be more wild/tough/rough but what we got is what we got. Needlessly arguing on this won't get us anywhere
I'm not arguing, I'm honestly just chit-chatting, the only argument I had was in my thread about Wano some guy couldn't speak proper English and trashed Madara.

Boku girls are tomboys in japan lol, she just chose to copy Oden but like I said that is likely something she will shed off.

I would actually prefer if yamato had some definition to her character design tbh, idk if you consider that masculine
Yeah it's still something to do with Japanese culture that I can't seem to understand. Needless to say, I just wonder if Oda is aware the OP isn't just popular in Japan.

There's nothing tomboyish in Yamato.
There are plenty of characters in anime that our very similar yamato personality. The characters that come to mind yankee style female characters
ranmaru good luck girl
Ryūko from kill la kill
Some characters beelzeblub

Here is some people that will kind explain yankee/delinquent trope of her character

Last edited:
There plenty characters in anime that very similar yamato personality. The characters that come to mind yankee style female characters
ranmaru good luck girl
Ryūko from kill la kill
Some characters beelzeblub

Here is someone that will kind explain yankee/delinquent trope of her character
Hahahaha it was you who had that of Ranmaru. I had forgotten who it was...
@Ghostly Reflections

Nothing has changed.

Yamato is a gold-digger,that has the same desire as carrot to travel around the world ,yet just like Carrot she has no redeeming qualities.

Zero dreams beyond adventures which isn't really a dream.

Sub par main flashback that didn't show naything for her role after Wano.

Zero good interactions with the other SH(not that it matters much for me ) and Completely ignored by Luffy in whatever she said to him.

He couldn't care in the slightest. He doesn't even name her correctly after her correcting him again and again.

Meanwhile Oda is building chapter by chapter the relationship between her and Momo. Such a coincidence that Oda builds her up to follow her own road instead of wanted to copy the road of Oden.

B-but I forgot ,she mentions she wants to go on adventures with Luffy so she must go. Silly me :yasu:
Adding this avatar to my Afroking avatar tier list, but it's still neg diffed by Bunny Stalin and Shrek's nipples.

Status
Not open for further replies.