Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re acting as if Yamato being a last minute addition to Wano is detrimental to her case. As far as we know Oda created Carrot on a whim and decided to have her sail with the crew for an arc to spice things up
His point is that Yamato potentially being last minute would equate to her not being planned to be in the crew. The logic being that the final crew was planned years in advance and all the editors know it. There are obvious holes in that the editor in question only joined 2 years ago, never asked when Yamato was made and we don't know when Oda decided on the last member after Jinbe.

Based on his original concepts, most of the crew had drastic changes and took years for him to finalize. The original Botanist went from some TB zombie to most likely Robin along with an entirely different role and design. The shipwright was supposed to be a klabautermann and he went through several design changes and no concept had the name Franky or cyborg. Jinbe was added, removed in later concepts, and had different designs all the way until Impel Down.

For all we know, Oda could've had a tall guy with a different role in Dressrosa then decided on a new revamp years later as he did with Robin.

I get the feeling that Kaido might start eventually thinking of Joy Boy again and call Luffy that once Kaido is very close to being defeated, which might be when Luffy rejects that reasoning that he's still Luffy and doesn't need to be someone else to be himself. That might also be when Yamato sees that and realizes that she doesn't need to be Oden to achieve great things either.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
His point is that Yamato potentially being last minute would equate to her not being planned to be in the crew. The logic being that the final crew was planned years in advance and all the editors know it. There are obvious holes in that the editor in question only joined 2 years ago, never asked when Yamato was made and we don't know when Oda decided on the last member after Jinbe.

Based on his original concepts, most of the crew had drastic changes and took years for him to finalize. The original Botanist went from some TB zombie to most likely Robin along with an entirely different role and design. The shipwright was supposed to be a klabautermann and he went through several design changes and no concept had the name Franky or cyborg. Jinbe was added, removed in later concepts, and had different designs all the way until Impel Down.

For all we know, Oda could've had a tall guy with a different role in Dressrosa then decided on a new revamp years later as he did with Robin.

Usopp as the vice captain is the only piece of this I will accept as canon :usosmug:

Kid was planned to have his spotlight
Lol no. Don't twist that interview. You have to be stupid to think Oda planned for Kid to hang out with the SHs for a decade nakama-style like Law. Importance =/= spotlight. Shanks is important and we don't see him at all. Kid like a typical enemy-rival type would've had a sparse appearance throughout the story Shanks-style: only when it matters or to challenge Luffy. Just like now in Wano.

As for what Oda actually said I'm pretty sure he didn't expect for Law to become one of the main characters who rides along with the crew. Law was introduced thirteen years ago as a part of the captain trio and they made a promise to meet in the new world, Oda obviously had bigger plans for him than for the rest of the Supernovas (aside from Kid). But then his plans got even bigger lol
I think Oda already made up his mind about Law being a big deal when he saved Luffy and when he said "D will bring another storm" for the first time, which happened before the time skip during the MF and Amazon Lily arc. And we haven't seen from him for more than two years since then. Oda sure was taking his time with Law xd But that way the character doesn't feel forced and his story progressed naturally through multiply arcs which I appreciate in Oda's writing.

The delay in Jinbei's welcoming is a possible sign that another might join (they will welcome more members this way)

Just a question/thought: Zoro aside, Yamato is Sanji/Jinbei level at least thus: If Yamato joins won't the Straw Hats become overpowered?
The answer is: they won’t. Remember that currently there are 4 capable haki users. Usopp has haki but he hasn’t developed it yet so far. With Yamato, the crew will have 6 of 11 members having haki. It’s still not overpowered. Do not forget also that BBP consist of people with DF users.

Even if all members are haki user, still doesn’t mean they’re overpowered

Last edited:
for someone who is a candidate to join the crew
carrot has got fodder esque focus in wano tbh
oda will have to hard pivot to ensure yamato doesnt sail out to sea and I just dont see him doing that yet.
even better ,in seeing luffy take down kaido , think she will understand he is the sort of person she wants to sail to sea with .

Last edited:
Lol no. Don't twist that interview. You have to be stupid to think Oda planned for Kid to hang out with the SHs for a decade nakama-style like Law. Importance =/= spotlight. Shanks is important and we don't see him at all. Kid like a typical enemy-rival type would've had a sparse appearance throughout the story Shanks-style: only when it matters or to challenge Luffy. Just like now in Wano.

As for what Oda actually said I'm pretty sure he didn't expect for Law to become one of the main characters who rides along with the crew. Law was introduced thirteen years ago as a part of the captain trio and they made a promise to meet in the new world, Oda obviously had bigger plans for him than for the rest of the Supernovas (aside from Kid). But then his plans got even bigger lol
I think Oda already made up his mind about Law being a big deal when he saved Luffy and when he said "D will bring another storm" for the first time, which happened before the time skip during the MF and Amazon Lily arc. And we haven't seen from him for more than two years since then. Oda sure was taking his time with Law xd But that way the character doesn't feel forced and his story progressed naturally through multiply arcs which I appreciate in Oda's writing.
Yeah I think the marineford arc is where he made up his mind when it comes to Law’s character. In Saobody he seems more aloof compared to marineford where he’s more blunt and serious.

@Rushwheel

Take Pudding, also the daughter of a yonko. She played a significant role in WCI and was foreshadowed all the way back at FMI. Close to 200 chapters ahead of her relevance. Oda knew she'd be a key figure of the arc and so he set her up in advance. He even gave away the 3rd eye reveal.

Meanwhile:
- Yamao gets no mention at Punk Hazard. (Could've had her watching Luffy during Ceasar's experiment along with Jack's men).
-No mention at Dressrosa in Kaido's intro
-No mention at Zou when we saw Kid bloodied and defeated (Could've had Yamao sharing the cell with him, to set up an early meeting with Luffy in Udon)
-Not a single mention throughout the first 75 chapters of the Wano arc itself. Despite the fact that she's an infamously rebellious daughter whom all the beast pirates knew about
So you have to been foreshadowed to join the crew? Brook joined the crew in less than 50 chapters. Yamato has been around for 60 chapters by now.

There’s nothing that leads us to believe Carrot was planned. She’s not even the first mink we see in Zou
I would argue that Carrot wasn't planned to be important until the end of Zou because otherwise she would have gotten a spotlight instead of Wanda. She was just a random mink in that arc. Oda probably decided to have her tag along as the white rabbit trope for the Alice in Wonderland arc, and now that that's over she doesn't have a reason to exist, hence her being shoved into the background behind the likes of Zuess and Raizo in Wano.

Why are you so obsessed with Yamato being a last minute addition when there’s no evidence of long term planning with Carrot
Why the tears? If you've actually got an argument just spit it out.

-Everything points towards Yamao being made up on the spot. A character Oda most likely thought up midway through Wano.
-Meanwhile there's nothing to indicate that Carrot was a last minute character

Those are the facts. Not my fault you don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.