Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No because we were all under the assumption the Ace was Roger's son. He literally does the same with Luffy (he calls him "your father" in water 7)

iirc even Greg points out how Oda literally had to introduce the late pregnancy to make it work. It clearly wasn't as planned as C4N wants you to believe
We didn't know that Ace was Roger's son though. Ace's and Garp's conversation was purposefully being kept vague.
I'm not saying it was planned since Alabasta. I just think it was planned out by Impel Down.

We didn't know that Ace was Roger's son though. Ace's and Garp's conversation was purposefully being kept vague.
I'm not saying it was planned since Alabasta. I just think it was planned out by Impel Down.
We mostly assumed Dragon was his father. The fact that Garp said stuff like "your father" was irrelevant because that's how he reffered to Dragon when talking with Luffy. Ace then goes on to say that he used his mothers name instead so it wasn't that suspicious that he had a different last name

Any of the OG readers can vouch for me

> an interview talking about marineford

> oda suggest an idea to an editor

> goes on to say shanks wasn't planned

but no they were clearly talking about alabasta ace
Yeah. None

What oda is doing here is ask the editor for a feedback. Nothing here changes the fact that Oda did put hints that Ace COULD BE Roger's son and that Luffy and Ace are adoptive brothers since Alabasta.

That's something authors do often if they are unsure about a plotpoint. (Here, probably because it was ground breaking)

In fact.. EVEN if it was true (most likely not). This doesn't change anything to what I said about being able to predict the logical future of the story because of hints in the preparations ;)

Yeah. None

What oda is doing here is ask the editor for a feedback. Nothing here changes the fact that Oda did put hints that Ace COULD BE Roger's son and that Luffy and Ace are adoptive brothers since Alabasta.

That's something authors do often if they are unsure about a plotpoint. (Here, probably because it was ground breaking)

In fact.. EVEN if it was true (most likely not). This doesn't change anything to what I said about being able to predict the logical future of the story because of hints in the preparations ;)

yeah, no. Learn to take L when you're wrong

1. Oda gave 3 of those guys the same trait before making Ace adopted, clearly it was supposed to be a genetical thing.
No it was supposed to be a diversion. Oda gives a lot of similar characteristics to people who appears as brothers (adopted or in arm) Usopp and Luffy are an example of that.

2. He's the one that captions the pictures, he could've done anything but call them "family"
Not sure he is the one to do that.
And even if it was the case, I would also call them "a family" regardless of the fact that Dragon is here. There is nothing surprising here for Oda to do this and it doesn't negate the fact that there are actual clues in the story in Alabasta about those two revelations.

Last edited:
Poor Yamato :josad:

I can't even imagine what she will do if not travel with luffy after this scene.... this was done so well in anime. And I still think there are just two endings for Yamato..she either dies..or travels with the SHs.
Nah she isn't dying in the story 😭 like what's there to kill her 😂 so she will leave with luffy just like she said 🙃

Honestly her dying wouldn’t really make any sense. There wouldn’t be any emotional built up or substance to her death
I agree on that, Yamato dying wouldn't make much sence as she was just introduced. And weres no death flags

I just realized that no one other than Kaido and his crew knows about Yamato's devil fruit 🤔 wait did Momo see Yamato in her beast form when she was telling him to create the flames cloud when she was climbing back up on Onigashima?👀
There is high chances he did.

Speaking of Yamato's Devil Fruit, I think it's interesting that Momo, the son of Oden, has the fruit of Wano's oppressor while Yamato, the "son" of Kaido, has the fruit of Wano's guardian

Poor Yamato :josad:

I can't even imagine what she will do if not travel with luffy after this scene.... this was done so well in anime. And I still think there is just two endings for Yamato..she either dies..or travels with the SHs.
Yamato dying makes no sense:
  • Not much emotional impact to the SHs...
  • No impact to the grand scale of things in the OPverse...

I agree on that, Yamato dying wouldn't make much sence as she was just introduced. And weres no death flags
Finally, you mentioned something logical... You're right on this... ZERO death flags...

Speaking of Yamato's Devil Fruit, I think it's interesting that Momo, the son of Oden, has the fruit of Wano's oppressor while Yamato, the "son" of Kaido, has the fruit of Wano's guardian
What makes it more interesting is that they both eat the fruit when they were hungry
This is what I believe to be a part of Oda's foreshadowing of the next SH since post-timeskip:

Why settle for Caribou (planned to join the SHs), Kin'emon (disguised as Momo's father), Momo (ate DF out of hunger), Monet (has DF-based snow ability), Caesar (uncuffed to help the alliance), Rebecca (locked down in Corrida Colosseum), Bartolomeo (hoping to meet Luffy and the SHs), Carrot (wanted to travel outside Zou), Pudding (a Yonko's daughter) or Tama (wanted to join Ace) as the next SH when we have Yamato (planned to join the SHs, disguised as Oden; ate DF out of hunger; has DF-based ice ability; uncuffed to help the alliance; locked down in Onigashima; hoping to meet Luffy and the SHs; wanted to travel outside Wano; a Yonko's daughter; wanted to join Ace) who is a full package?

All those people whom you thought would possibly be the next SH, are just foreshadows and red herring for the real next SH...

:pepecafe:

Status
Not open for further replies.