Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes not but they're both pretty similar
And id rather oda actually do more stuff with chopper than add carrot

Were in an arc with they strongest zoan users in the world along with the mink one of the most impressive countries
This is literally the perfect arc for chopper to grow
I always hope for their love story

She is the best partner he could get so far in the manga

Regarding Carrot, I find straNge that, while Oda went out of his way to include other Minks last chapter in the background on the Sunny (Wanda, that over-serious Lion, etc.), the only one we saw here was Carrot and she seemed to be integrated into the crew, since she alwats shared the same "place" as Sanji, Nami and all.

I suscribe to the theory that we'll get at least 10 crewmembers + Luffy and that neither Vivi nor the ships counts since Jinbe is the 9th officially.

Last edited:
Regarding Carrot, I find strnage that, while Oda went out of his way to include other Minks last chapter in the background on the Sunny (Wanda, that over-serious Lion, etc.), the only one we saw here was Carrot and she seemed to be integrated into the crew, since she alwats shared the same "place" as Sanji, Nami and all.

I suscribe to the theory that we'll get at least 10 crewmembers + Luffy and that neither Vivi nor the ships counts since Jinbe is the 9th officially.
He's shown Carrot this chapter reacting to Jinbei's return because she's part of the WCI group and knows who he is, and what he escaped from. Same reason that Zeus was shown.

On the other hand, the other Minks might know who Jinbei is if they read newspapers, but they don't actually know the guy and have no reason to celebrate or even react. Not much point showing their lack of reactions.

He's shown Carrot this chapter reacting to Jinbei's return because she's part of the WCI group and knows who he is, and what he escaped from. Same reason that Zeus was shown.

On the other hand, the other Minks might know who Jinbei is if they read newspapers, but they don't actually know the guy and have no reason to celebrate or even react. Not much point showing their lack of reactions.
While I agree for the celebrate part, but one of them could have looked surprised when the ship was destroyed. it's probably not indicative of anything, but with Oda, we never know...

At this point I really hope the crew closes with Vivi's return.

I've always had a problem with the idea of new crewmates joining in the New World because, after so many years since Brook, a new addition would feel "out of place"; also, we're almost in the ending of the journey. That's why someone like Jinbe was okay to me: not only because I really like the character, but because he was mentioned in East Blue and first bounded with Luffy in Impel Down, being his biggest support after Ace's death. So in a sense he was there since before the timeskip and was linked to Kuma's separation in a way.

Considering what Luffy stated about getting ten crewmates plus how Blackbeard has his ten titanic captains I can only see one more person joining, and Vivi fits. Since she's considered an ex-member of the crew and the Nefertari family was the only founder to not move to Mary Geoise, I'd find it really weird that she didn't end up accompanying Luffy during his last travel. You don't forget a nakama so easily, after all, and while her position as the princess of Arabasta was usually stated as a counter-argument, her current situation may be way different. Considering what may have happened during the Levely and Im's focus on her, an outlaw Vivi is a strong possibility today.

Sure, she's theoretically weak, but this can be solved by Oda easily; for example, a devil fruit could have done the work (even Monet's once she joins! A dessert queen with a snow logia would be interesting, wouldn't it?). In fact, my personal fantasy is that Vivi spent these years travelling under the pretext of "political duties" to islands all around the sea in order to learn from the Straw Hats friends and become stronger in the process in case Luffy needed her in the future. Imagine, for example, that she improved her peacock slashers learning from Paulie's rope action. This would be a creative way to return the help the Straw Hats gave to their friends throughout the journey, since all of them would have turned their last crewmate into a force to be reckoned with.

So that's my bet: Vivi's return and that's it, like a circle closing.

Last edited:
At this point I really hope the crew closes with Vivi's return.

I've always had a problem with the idea of new crewmates joining in the New World because, after so many years since Brook, a new addition would feel "out of place"; also, we're almost in the ending of the journey. That's why someone like Jinbe was okay to me: not only because I really like the character, but because he was mentioned in East Blue and first bounded with Luffy in Impel Down, being his biggest support after Ace's death. So in a sense he was there since before the timeskip and was linked to Kuma's separation in a way.

Considering what Luffy stated about getting ten crewmates plus how Blackbeard has his ten titanic captains I can only see one more person joining, and Vivi fits. Since she's considered an ex-member of the crew and the Nefertari family was the only founder to not move to Mary Geoise, I'd find it really weird that she didn't end up accompanying Luffy during his last travel. You don't forget a nakama so easily, after all, and while her position as the princess of Arabasta was usually stated as a counter-argument, her current situation may be way different. Considering what may have happened during the Levely and Im's focus on her, an outlaw Vivi is a strong possibility today.

Sure, she's theoretically weak, but this can be solved by Oda easily; for example, a devil fruit could have done the work (even Monet's once she joins! A dessert queen with a snow logia would be interesting, wouldn't it?). In fact, my personal fantasy is that Vivi spent these years travelling under the pretext of "political duties" to islands all around the sea in order to learn from the Straw Hats friends and become stronger in the process in case Luffy needed her in the future. Imagine, for example, that she improved her peacock slashers learning from Paulie's rope action. This would be a creative way to return the help the Straw Hats gave to their friends throughout the journey, since all of them would have turned their last crewmate into a force to be reckoned with.

So that's my bet: Vivi's return and that's it, like a circle closing.
My biggest issue is Vivi and Monet's Df. Other than that I mostly agree.

My biggest issue is Vivi and Monet's Df. Other than that I mostly agree.
I mentioned Monet's fruit following popular theories that are usually brought up regarding Nami's trees and the Yuki Yuki, plus how Oda likes to play with contrasts like a desert princess having a cold ability (e.g.: Crocodile, the water animal wearing a big coat that keeps you warm, controls something as hot and dry as sand; Kuma, the big "teddy bear" with cute ears, is an intimidating war machine that will repel you instead of "hug" you; Kawamatsu, who would need to keep his head full of water if he were a real kappa, always wears a hat that was designed to prevent the rain from wetting your head; etc.).

I personally would be fine if Vivi just developed his fighting style, which seemed to be interesting and creative among One Piece fighters.

I mentioned Monet's fruit following popular theories that are usually brought up regarding Nami's trees and the Yuki Yuki, plus how Oda likes to play with contrasts like a desert princess having a cold ability (e.g.: Crocodile, the water animal wearing a big coat that keeps you warm, controls something as hot and dry as sand; Kuma, the big "teddy bear" with cute ears, is an intimidating war machine that will repel you instead of "hug" you; Kawamatsu, who would need to keep his head full of water if he were a real kappa, always wears a hat that was designed to prevent the rain from wetting your head; etc.).

I personally would be fine if Vivi just developed his fighting style, which seemed to be interesting and creative among One Piece fighters.
My thoughts are, its still Monet's DF.

I would like if Momo join the crew, he was born in Whitebeard ship and ride in Roger's one, whats the problem with him being a kid? He, more than any stawhat was born in the "crème de la crème" of pirates world.

Shanks, Buggy, Teach, Marco and Jozu were kids too when they enter their crews.

He could be a cabin boy anda mature with Luffy to be a good leader for Wano.

Pekoms is an interesting character to me. Much more so than Carrot. Can you imagine an awakaned turtle zoan lion mink in sulong form? I would love to see him reach that level. Hes been around since FI and we know all about him, just need to give him a dream. I thought Pedro with his will to stay alive no matter what and witness the dawn of the world had potential, maybe build onto that with Pekoms.

Other than him we should wait and see what happena to the Kuja, i think Hancock has a chance depending on that scenario. But its really hard to find relevant dreams for a PK crew, someone from Wano could have Odens dream of opening the borders, i mentioned Pedros potential dream and i cant think of anything else ATM. With that in mind i think we might see only one new member after Jimbei. IIRC, there was a quote from Oda that he wont introduce new SHPs, that anyone who will join was already seen, or was that fan BS? That makes the guessing game somewhat easier.

I would like if Momo join the crew, he was born in Whitebeard ship and ride in Roger's one, whats the problem with him being a kid? He, more than any stawhat was born in the "crème de la crème" of pirates world.

Shanks, Buggy, Teach, Marco and Jozu were kids too when they enter their crews.

He could be a cabin boy anda mature with Luffy to be a good leader for Wano.
Momo fits with his tragic past, but his dream of becoming Shogun wont be accomplished by traveling. But Luffy called him nakama this chapter so lets see

Status
Not open for further replies.