Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She offers nothing new to the table. There is nothing she can do that the rest of the crew can't do just as well, if not better
She has no possible role
Yamato came in the arc and has been present, relevant and major addition.
That's an exaggeration. If you reread Onigashima, you'd be surprised at how superfluous Yamato's contributions were. Yes she held off Kaido, but that didn't really progress the plot in any meaningful way other than provide an excuse for Kaido to stay on the roof while Luffy was out.
She bonded with Luffy and Momo, and has past with Ace.
She bonded with Momo yes, but basically everything Luffy said to her was some variation on "yes" or "where's Kaido?" Hell, when Luffy was mentioning the people he was fighting Kaido for, he notably didn't mention
If Vivi is an honorary Strawhat for traveling with them for a while. So is Momo.
It's different with Vivi because she's explicitly treated as an honorary member of the crew in the manga and in promotional material
But Momo is more of a Strawhat than Yamato is, so I agree with you there
After the raid she bonded with all the Strawhats.
Okay? You realize the issue here is that Oda didn't find it important enough to show onscreen, right? That's not how a main character is treated in their own arc
The only thing remaining is for her to ask one last time. And like always that will happen during the departure. Meaning at the end of Wano.
Actual headcanon. If Yamato joins or not is something that's decided by the author and he doesn't seem to be writing her as a Strawhat

She offers nothing new to the table. There is nothing she can do that the rest of the crew can't do just as well, if not better
She has no possible role

That's an exaggeration. If you reread Onigashima, you'd be surprised at how superfluous Yamato's contributions were. Yes she held off Kaido, but that didn't really progress the plot in any meaningful way other than provide an excuse for Kaido to stay on the roof while Luffy was out.

She bonded with Momo yes, but basically everything Luffy said to her was some variation on "yes" or "where's Kaido?" Hell, when Luffy was mentioning the people he was fighting Kaido for, he notably didn't mention

It's different with Vivi because she's explicitly treated as an honorary member of the crew in the manga and in promotional material
But Momo is more of a Strawhat than Yamato is, so I agree with you there

Okay? You realize the issue here is that Oda didn't find it important enough to show onscreen, right? That's not how a main character is treated in their own arc

Actual headcanon. If Yamato joins or not is something that's decided by the author and he doesn't seem to be writing her as a Strawhat
How is your opinion betyet han ours pray tell? How is it that you naysayers always feel the need to think and say they know how Oda writes a Strawhats any more than the rest of us? Hoe fucking arrogant are you!

So your logic of “Jinbe is the 10th member and no one is joining” works for Yamato, but it doesn’t work for Vivi. Cobra is sick and Vivi will surely replace Cobra to be the rightful queen of Alabasta.

If you want to be a two faced cunt at least make one of them beautiful:cheers:
I never said that Vivi's going to leave Alabasta behind? I'm just saying that it's reasonable to expect her to sail with the crew again, even if it's just for a short period of time
My quickest guess would be a combatant, like Zoro.

Does the pirate crew only need one combatant per group? I don’t think so ; )

by the way, I’m not even a Yamato supporter (seriously). I just see that she WILL join the crew. lol

The day is imminent I can feel it~
Except that Zoro's whole gimmick is that he's the main "fight guy" of the crew behind Luffy. Yamato just can't play that same role in the crew dynamic

She has no possible role
She offers a lot. You just can’t see it. She offers way more than Vivi. Actually Vivi doesn’t offer anything.
but the thing is, she doesn’t have to offer anything for Luffy to accept her. When luffy accepted nami he didn’t know about he skills, same with Usopp amd chopper.
They bonded. And the words don’t matter. The fact that they can understand each other with so little is actually a plus. Not a minus. I and my best friends are able to communicate with just looks, because we understand each other so good. Something you can’t understand apparently.

all I hear from you is :pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium:

I never said that Vivi's going to leave Alabasta behind? I'm just saying that it's reasonable to expect her to sail with the crew again, even if it's just for a short period of time

Except that Zoro's whole gimmick is that he's the main "fight guy" of the crew behind Luffy. Yamato just can't play that same role in the crew dynamic
Moving goalpost. You didn’t say anything about “short period of time” before. You now say it because you were checkmated about you contradicting your own argument of “Jinbe is the 10th member and no one is joining” but at the same time pushing Vivi. Again, Cobra is sick and the only heir is Vivi. She will be queen of Alabasta

So now your logic is that Vivi can simply bring Alabasta together to the seas with her. Set sail = leaving Alabasta behind. Do you think Vivi will magically bring Alabasta as a moving island everywhere? I know you’re dumb but I can’t believe you’re this dumb.

The diplomat shit has already done by Robin. Robin is shown better to do it, she even can collect information. If your “probability” of Vivi’s role as diplomat could work, then the “probability” of Yamato being a commander/tank of the crew could also work. Zoro is offensive, Yamato is defensive. The monster trio + Jinbe will always aim to the top ranked enemies, making the weaker ones as easier target. Monster trio + Jinbe can preserve their haki & energy to fight the stronger enemies. Yamato can be present to protect them.

She offers a lot. You just can’t see it. She offers way more than Vivi. Actually Vivi doesn’t offer anything.
Vivi had no role -> She didn't join (Honorary member but still)
Rebecca had no role -> She didn't join
Momo had no role -> He didn't join
Kinemon had no role -> He didn't join
Carrot had no role -> She didn't join
Yamato has no role -> ??????
but the thing is, she doesn’t have to offer anything for Luffy to accept her. When luffy accepted nami he didn’t know about he skills, same with Usopp amd chopper.
Luffy isn't the one writing the story

They bonded. And the words don’t matter. The fact that they can understand each other with so little is actually a plus. Not a minus. I and my best friends are able to communicate with just looks, because we understand each other so good. Something you can’t understand apparently.

all I hear from you is :pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium:
"Momo...Tama...Kinemon...Pedro..."
These are the people he's mainly fighting Kaido for. Notice who he isn't mentioning here? You know like a certain someone who was imprisoned by him for 20 years?
But sure they're best friends or whatever :luuh:
Post automatically merged:

Moving goalpost. You didn’t say anything about “short period of time” before. You now say it because you were checkmated about you contradicting your own argument of “Jinbe is the 10th member and no one is joining” but at the same time pushing Vivi. Again, Cobra is sick and the only heir is Vivi. She will be queen of Alabasta

So now your logic is that Vivi can simply bring Alabasta together to the seas with her. Set sail = leaving Alabasta behind. Do you think Vivi will magically bring Alabasta as a moving island everywhere? I know you’re dumb but I can’t believe you’re this dumb.

The diplomat shit has already done by Robin. Robin is shown better to do it, she even can collect information. If your “probability” of Vivi’s role as diplomat could work, then the “probability” of Yamato being a commander/tank of the crew could also work. Zoro is offensive, Yamato is defensive. The monster trio + Jinbe will always aim to the top ranked enemies, making the weaker ones easier target. Yamato can be present to protect them.
I'm saying that she would temporarily sail with the crew during a period (most likely the final war) where it's in her kingdom's best interests to do so. Stop twisting my words here

I'm saying that she would temporarily sail with the crew during a period (most likely the final war) where it's in her kingdom's best interests to do so. Stop twisting my words here

Vivi will set sail with the crew at least one time before the series ends because she's already a Strawhat
Like, they're clearly setting up Sabo and Vivi to have a prominent role in the coming arcs. Do you think they're gonna get killed offscreen or something?
Twisting words? You sure this is not you? Weird, because I don’t see any mention of TEMPORARILY here, or in any posts before. Want me to quote everything you said about Vivi? I ought to say stop being illiterate + dumb but we all need the whole damn circus to be laughed at, eh?
:cheers:

Twisting words? You sure this is not you? Weird, because I don’t see any mention of TEMPORARILY here. I ought to say stop being illiterate + dumb but we all need the whole damn circus to be laughed at, eh?
:cheers:
When I say one last time, what do you think I’m saying? She’ll likely sail with the crew for a bit and then go back to Alabasta when shit cools down

Momo...Tama...Kinemon...Pedro..."
Momo got his parents killed by Kaido and had to suffer a lot because of him. And is not strong enough to take him down. Luffy is fighting for him.

Tama also suffering because of Kaido. Lost her parent because of him and doesn’t have enough food to eat. Luffy made a promise to her and is fighting for her, as again she can not do it herself.

Kinemon lost is master and friend because of Kaido, he saw his country bleed because of him, fought him to the bring of death and couldn’t take him down and asked Luffy for help. Luffy is fighting for him too.

Pedro died for the strawhats and Wano. Luffy is ready to die for the people he cares about. We’ve seen it enis lobby, Marine Ford, WCI and Wano. He values those kinda people. Ofc he will mention his name.

Yamato has been imprisoned by Kaido and has taken her freedom. But do you know what he couldn’t do to her? He couldn’t break her spirit. Yamato kept fighting and fighting, she couldn’t leave but her spirit was not broken and the fact she has CoC is prove of that. Luffy knows that, that’s why he doesn’t have to fight her battle. And Yamato understands Luffy as well. She let him have Kaido alone although she could have helped.

You know what other names Luffy didn’t mention there?

here are some: Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jinbe and LAST BUT NOT LEAST Yamato

what lack of role? Are you one of those guys who is reading Two Piece?
Yamato came in the arc and has been present, relevant and major addition. She bonded with Luffy and Momo, and has past with Ace. If Vivi is an honorary Strawhat for traveling with them for a while. So is Momo. After the raid she bonded with all the Strawhats. The only thing remaining is for her to ask one last time. And like always that will happen during the departure. Meaning at the end of Wano.
I think they're referring to role on the ship rather than in the story

I think people that can't see the following are reading two piece as well:

Her knowledge of how to find Laugh Tale and sail to it (as we know the coordinates from the Road Poneglyphs arent enough) will be integral. We also know, due to her strength in literature, that it is likely someone is going to chronicle the adventures of the Strawhats for posterity, so why not Yamato? Furthermore, a key point of the story of One Piece is the fall of the world government and who better to re-write the void century than a "Kozuki" travelling with Robin on the crew that will eventually bring the Government down or at least set off the events that do it?

Honestly people saying Yamato won't join are just coping or unreasonably/pessimistically hedging their bets on the low chance Luffy says no

When I say one last time, what do you think I’m saying? She’ll likely sail with the crew for a bit and then go back to Alabasta when shit cools down
“Likely”

One last time can be a long time, and Alabasta would’ve been in danger already if the queen chose to set sail, leaving her country behind; especially with notorious pirates. Alabasta was in danger even when the king was well and alive, so the logic applies if the queen set sail, leaving it behind, it will be in danger. When the crew left, they chose not to say a word to Vivi as Nami said that Vivi shouldn’t be shown having any relations with pirates especially the ones who defeated Baroque Works.

And yet that “one last time” is still “likely”. You do understand that your shitty opinion means nothing, right?

Momo got his parents killed by Kaido and had to suffer a lot because of him. And is not strong enough to take him down. Luffy is fighting for him.

Tama also suffering because of Kaido. Lost her parent because of him and doesn’t have enough food to eat. Luffy made a promise to her and is fighting for her, as again she can not do it herself.

Kinemon lost is master and friend because of Kaido, he saw his country bleed because of him, fought him to the bring of death and couldn’t take him down and asked Luffy for help. Luffy is fighting for him too.

Pedro died for the strawhats and Wano. Luffy is ready to die for the people he cares about. We’ve seen it enis lobby, Marine Ford, WCI and Wano. He values those kinda people. Ofc he will mention his name.

Yamato has been imprisoned by Kaido and has taken her freedom. But do you know what he couldn’t do to her? He couldn’t break her spirit. Yamato kept fighting and fighting, she couldn’t leave but her spirit was not broken and the fact she has CoC is prove of that. Luffy knows that, that’s why he doesn’t have to fight her battle. And Yamato understands Luffy as well. She let him have Kaido alone although she could have helped.

You know what other names Luffy didn’t mention there?

here are some: Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jinbe and LAST BUT NOT LEAST Yamato
You’re conveniently forgetting that Yamato waited years and years so that Luffy could fight Kaido. By her own admission she is not strong enough to fight Kaido. She’s in the exact same boat as Momo and you’re trying to skirt around that fact. If Oda wanted to sell this “bond” you talk so much about, then why didn’t he have Luffy say Yamato’s name? The answer is that this “bond” is 90% headcanon

He didn’t mention his crew because they weren’t hurt by Kaido at all

You’re conveniently forgetting that Yamato waited years and years so that Luffy could fight Kaido. By her own admission she is not strong enough to fight Kaido. She’s in the exact same boat as Momo and you’re trying to skirt around that fact. If Oda wanted to sell this “bond” you talk so much about, then why didn’t he have Luffy say Yamato’s name? The answer is that this “bond” is 90% headcanon

He didn’t mention his crew because they weren’t hurt by Kaido at all
Question:
How much of a dumbass are you going to look like after Yamato does join the crew?

If I were you, C4N etc I'd be VERY CAREFUL going forwards over the next 10 chapters

I think they're referring to role on the ship rather than in the story

I think people that can't see the following are reading two piece as well:

Her knowledge of how to find Laugh Tale and sail to it (as we know the coordinates from the Road Poneglyphs arent enough) will be integral. We also know, due to her strength in literature, that it is likely someone is going to chronicle the adventures of the Strawhats for posterity, so why not Yamato? Furthermore, a key point of the story of One Piece is the fall of the world government and who better to re-write the void century than a "Kozuki" travelling with Robin on the crew that will eventually bring the Government down or at least set off the events that do it?

Honestly people saying Yamato won't join are just coping or unreasonably/pessimistically hedging their bets on the low chance Luffy says no
You literally just described Robin’s role on the endgame. You’re kidding yourself if you think some rando who just got introduced is replacing a character the audience has known for hundreds of chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.