Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Lili changed his original name cause they had a breakdown in a spoiler thread that people (including Reddit and on twitter) clowned on him and changed his name most likely cause of said spoilers.
Well, whatever the reason, I still have no clue what it is or supposed to do, but if it breaks down that easily over a comic book, it needs to have its poopy diapy changed and be put to bed early so it stops being so fussy :kayneshrug:

Like would it have been that hard to give Yamato an actual goal to strive for? Oda once said every straw hat is written such that they could be the protagonist of their own story, and then to give us Yamato or Carrot two characters who not only don’t have their own stories, but don’t even have an actual character or arc to achieve is just sad

People can accept Yamato joining, but it doesn’t invalidate their grievances with her
2 flashbacks and you say she doesnt have her own story?:choppawhat:

2 flashbacks and you say she doesnt have her own story?:choppawhat:
I’m talking about character arc in which case she’s either redoing odens or she doesn’t have one.

But her first flashback about being imprisoned by her father for not being what her father wants and then starves is a worst version of Sanjis backstory.

So no she still doesn’t have her own story and seriously needs to be developed as a character

Changed my mind. Yamutto will probably not set sail with Momo at the end of the arc.

That will come later. As of this chapter, she is 110% staying in Wano with her master. The bitch is lucky to have such loving owners.

Well I was holding this but I might as well. I only support Carrot. Anything else just an info drop like an update on research.

I will be talking about The Samurai Movie Ronni-Gai. This movie is about samurai adjusting to living in peace. There is a special expensive whore called Oshin. She is the main love interest of one the protagonist samurai Aramaki Gennai. Aramaki depends on Oshin a lot. He does not like the feeling of needing her but he needs her. Originally I thought Hiyori might be based on Oshin. She fit the qualities of being a pricy person and stealing/tricking to support others. One quality she didn't have was having a man completely relying on her. Oshin pickpockets people to support her former lover Aramaki, her uncle is killed without Aramaki caring. Aramaki seemed to reflect luffy and zoro. He loved to drink, he ate without paying, he stole swords from dead samurai, he got into many fights, he flirted with other women, he saves Oshin from the villains with his friends, finally he takes Oshin with him. I thought this character only reflected luffy and zoro but he seem to be reflected Momo too. Momo is a pervert toward nami/robin. Momo needed help, Momo save Yamato who was restrainted similar to Oshin. Oshin eventually end up following Aramaki. She knew he was no good but she loves him anyways despite his short comings.

From what I can tell about the events that unfolded and the story of the movie, Aramaki acted like he didn't care but when the time came for him to die for Oshin, he choose death over abandoning her. The latest chapter 1055 showcases Momo crying. Paralleling the climax of the samurai movie, I wonder what will be said? This is an emotional moment between Oshin & Aramaki. 4 of the strawhats were able to sense shanks haki and I doubt Yamato wouldn't have sense it either. Green Bull was obviously about to kill him and spoke loudly and directly before shanks involvement. Maybe they communicated briefly. There is also another concern. Something feels off with how jinbei has spoken lately. Its surprisingly stern yet friendly. There is also the recent interview about oda interntionally making fan mad at him. Something feels off...

So what is going to happen now? I don't know but the war for carrot 4 crewmate continues at least for a while longer.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Changed my mind. Yamutto will probably not set sail with Momo at the end of the arc.

That will come later. As of this chapter, she is 110% staying in Wano with her master. The bitch is lucky to have such loving owners.
Even in a supposed Yamato "confirmation chapter" Momo is the one getting all development and character growth. Yeah no, that bitch is never joining. The antithesis of how you wrote a potential protagonist
:pepecopium::pepecopium::pepecopium:

Status
Not open for further replies.