Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely have no idea where the carrot hate stems from someone enlighten me pls. She is well designed likable decently strong prob inbetween weakling trio and middle trio. She is very useful if she were to be part of the crew.
same for yamato although the hate for her character isnt as strong as carrots she has the same things going for her well designed likable very strong. Both have 1 valid reason not to like them carrot has a unreasonable grudge but so does neko and pretty much all the minks. Yamato has a identity crisis between being yamato kaido’s offspring or being oden. This are the only valid reason to not like them. If u dont like furry humanoids then what about the other minks or chopper. Heck neko has a decent fanbase. And like yamato is technically a furry humanoid as well with her being a wolf. So someome enlighten me plssss. Until there are balid arguements with evidence #carrot&yamto4nakama

decently strong prob inbetween weakling trio and middle trio
This is one of my major reasons why I don't like Carrot (and Caribou)... We're getting closer to the end of the story to have a SH who can be grouped with the weaklings... She's too weak to defend herself alone against the likes of Peros even at this point (ROFL she and Wanda lost together with Sulong against Peros)...

She's an interesting returning ally in the final war or in a cover story but that's it... Her character is lacking... No major setups towards joining the crew (actually less than Paulie had)... Lacks connection to pre-TS plots or characters...

She is very useful if she were to be part of the crew.
She's useless... Not powerful nor expert into something... No, not lookout, she flopped in that role (Usopp did better)...

I genuinely have no idea where the carrot hate stems from someone enlighten me pls. She is well designed likable decently strong prob inbetween weakling trio and middle trio. She is very useful if she were to be part of the crew.
same for yamato although the hate for her character isnt as strong as carrots she has the same things going for her well designed likable very strong. Both have 1 valid reason not to like them carrot has a unreasonable grudge but so does neko and pretty much all the minks. Yamato has a identity crisis between being yamato kaido’s offspring or being oden. This are the only valid reason to not like them. If u dont like furry humanoids then what about the other minks or chopper. Heck neko has a decent fanbase. And like yamato is technically a furry humanoid as well with her being a wolf. So someome enlighten me plssss. Until there are balid arguements with evidence #carrot&yamto4nakama
The big thing is carrot just adds nothing to the crew.

Character wise she’s a female less mature chopper.
Power wise she shares a special transformation like chopper but is dependent on plot and timing
Dream wise she doesn’t have any (same complaint I have with Yamato)

All in all, as a normal side character she’s fine. As a potential straw hat she’s not. Remember our last potentials were Jinbe and Brook who were fantastic throughout their arcs. Carrots non existent through most of them

This is one of my major reasons why I don't like Carrot (and Caribou)... We're getting closer to the end of the story to have a SH who can be grouped with the weaklings... She's too weak to defend herself alone against the likes of Peros even at this point (ROFL she and Wanda lost together with Sulong against Peros)...

She's an interesting returning ally in the final war or in a cover story but that's it... Her character is lacking... No major setups towards joining the crew (actually less than Paulie had)... Lacks connection to pre-TS plots or characters...

She's useless... Not powerful nor expert into something... No, not lookout, she flopped in that role (Usopp did better)...
Okay IN MY OPINION Only half of this is valid she was good at being a lookout i think someone on twitter compiled all the times her lookout skills came in clutch. And in terms of not powerful and not expert in anything is half true all characters get stronger after fights this rule doesnt only apply to the strawhats look at lucci and kaku both got stronger and got promoted. And one of ur points is very biased even u have to admit it the no connection to pre-ts plots applies to yamato too if u follow that logic jinbei is last strawhat case close. Fair but okay i dont agree with all ur points but at least i have context

Power wise she shares a special transformation like chopper but is dependent on plot and timing

All in all, as a normal side character she’s fine. As a potential straw hat she’s not. Remember our last potentials were Jinbe and Brook who were fantastic throughout their arcs. Carrots non existent through most of them
Dream i can agree
maturity wise valid but u cant blame her she grew up on zou nvr met anyone else other than the minks and she is 15 with no past traumatic events to mature her until pedro’s death (not perro fault)
compare to momo who just got aged ip he is technically still 8 but is more mature. Why? Because he went through alot of shit at the age of 8. And characters mature along their journey which for carrot is only just beginning.
last point the one about jinbe and brook. Okay semi valid as well but look at robin she was introduced and joined in alabasta even tho she didnt do much other than help the strawhats here and there while being an independent party(I think this is a fair point by me) bu she got her shine later on did she not? So what makes u think the same cant happen with carrot? And once again hahahaha why are the issues with carrot the only things brought up wat about yamato
Post automatically merged:

I still believe in my heart that Pe D. Ro is coming back and taking his rightful place as the best representative of the minks in the strawhat crew.

It's just a dream though :josad:

On the other hand watching carrot4nakama get slowly destroyed is such great Schadenfreude

Ccarrot fans got overconfident. Now they must pay the price and take the L :milaugh:
Hahahaha lowkey ur dream is more delusional than smoker 4 nakama

Dream i can agree
maturity wise valid but u cant blame her she grew up on zou nvr met anyone else other than the minks and she is 15 with no past traumatic events to mature her until pedro’s death (not perro fault)
compare to momo who just got aged ip he is technically still 8 but is more mature. Why? Because he went through alot of shit at the age of 8. And characters mature along their journey which for carrot is only just beginning.
last point the one about jinbe and brook. Okay semi valid as well but look at robin she was introduced and joined in alabasta even tho she didnt do much other than help the strawhats here and there while being an independent party(I think this is a fair point by me) bu she got her shine later on did she not? So what makes u think the same cant happen with carrot? And once again hahahaha why are the issues with carrot the only things brought up wat about yamato

Hahahaha lowkey ur dream is more delusional than smoker 4 nakama
The thing with her Maturity is that there’s no time to forcefully mature carrot. We’re in the endgame, the characters aren’t going to get much development and Carrot missed her opportunity to show any.

Robin was also super impressive in all arcs she was in. She showed her personality, her dream, and got plenty of shine showing up constantly in Alabasta and throughout the saga

And I have the same issues with Yamato, I don’t think she’s a good potential straw hat either, but she still has the rest of the arc to grow.

she was good at being a lookout
She's inconsistent... Her last "lookout" attempt, she almost died and the Sunny almost sank...

all characters get stronger after fights this rule doesnt only apply to the strawhats look at lucci and kaku both got stronger and got promoted
It may apply to Carrot, but she needs a lot of arcs to catchup with the SHs (and the SHs has to be frozen or she'll be left behind) and there's not much time left... Lucci, Kaku, didn't they got past the timeskip?

the no connection to pre-ts plots applies to yamato
ROFL... Who made Ace's vivre card? And she's a friend of Ace... Unlike Carrot who never had any connection to any pre-TS elements...

The thing with her Maturity is that there’s no time to forcefully mature carrot. We’re in the endgame, the characters aren’t going to get much development and Carrot missed her opportunity to show any.

Robin was also super impressive in all arcs she was in. She showed her personality, her dream, and got plenty of shine showing up constantly in Alabasta and throughout the saga

And I have the same issues with Yamato, I don’t think she’s a good potential straw hat either, but she still has the rest of the arc to grow.
haahha thx for the calm and collected reply my perspective is now slightly widened even tho my stance hasnt change i still want both to join. But im glad this fandom can react calmly. Since the moment zorotards and sanji stans clash it turns toxic even the carrot hate can be thrown into the same level of toxicity. I wish i nvr got onto this page hahahaha but spoilers so i here trying to calm the toxicity which obv doesnt work

She's inconsistent... Her last "lookout" attempt, she almost died and the Sunny almost sank...

It may apply to Carrot, but she needs a lot of arcs to catchup with the SHs (and the SHs has to be frozen or she'll be left behind) and there's not much time left... Lucci, Kaku, didn't they got past the timeskip?

ROFL... Who made Ace's vivre card? And she's a friend of Ace... Unlike Carrot who never had any connection to any pre-TS elements...
Okay last point valid a miss on my part.
But ur arguement about ussop being a better lookout isnt valid hear me out ussop wasnt in wci carrot was carrot was a decent lookout definitely better than anyone present. So comparing her to ussop wasnt valid its kinda like buying an apple from lets say Australia and buying one from japan and complaining why do they taste differen. U see my point?
second point semi valid yea she’ll need a lot of time to catch up to the mid and top strawhats but maintaining her current position which to me is in between weak and mid strawhats aint that bad. And strawhats only climb so maybe final war weakling trio power could be early wano mid trio power level and if u slot carrot in between she could definitely hold her own. Not against admirals but some vice admirals definitely possible

Last edited:
But ur arguement about ussop being a better lookout isnt valid hear me out ussop wasnt in wci carrot was carrot was a decent lookout definitely better than anyone present. So comparing her to ussop wasnt valid its kinda like buying an apple from lets say Australia and buying one from japan and complaining why do they taste differen. U see my point?
Carrot still failed to detect Daifuku's genie approaching... A good lookout will detect an opponent that close... Meanwhile, Usopp can sense even the undetectable ones...

her current position which to me is in between weak and mid strawhats aint that bad
Which proves my previous point... The SHs don't need that power position deep into the story because that's a recruit quality downgrade which never happened after East Blue (with Chopper being the initial standard, he's the best weak tier)... Jinbe is clearly just below the Wings tier... Yamato is near Wings tier... Should there be another recruit, he/she must be between Wings and mid tiers... Oda has been consistent with that, likely because the level of opposition is also increasing...

Degenerate Fanbase. Maybe 3 years ago I wanted her to join. But then I made the mistake of entering the Reddit Hivemind where Carrot Slander = Death and if you said she doesn't join you are a bigot.

I don't like extremist pushes for anything unless it has substantial backing and proof behind it. I have never seen Carrot for Nakama really viable since Luffy could not give two shits about her post WCI.

Maybe she can be a Chopper special companion 🤔

T

Tyronejenkins

Chopper is gonna reach adult age soon, Carrot not as much though. 🤔 but well Carrot is not technically human, not sure how it works there. She looks too young for sure.
Carrot is probably around 16, but also Chopper is a reindeer. He should have been an adult years ago but Oda treats him like a human 17 year old. The more I think about this topic the more I realize the fucked up implications of Chopper getting any kind of romantic involvement outside of the reindeer species :noo:

Carrot is probably around 16, but also Chopper is a reindeer. He should have been an adult years ago but Oda treats him like a human 17 year old. The more I think about this topic the more I realize the fucked up implications of Chopper getting any kind of romantic involvement outside of the reindeer species :noo:
Yeah I don't feel like any of them sounds adult so a ship of their feels creepy for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.