Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair zoro and ussop's flashback was pretty short practically one chapter. But it always possible there will more to the flashback when get to see it from Kaido's perspective to add on Yamato's backstory.
These two were shorter but memorable and unique in terms of characters, setting and location (town, village): (and also happened a long time ago, back then Oda probably wasn't sure he would be allowed to write backstories longer than 1-2 chapters anyway) Usopp had Kaya, his mother, Ningin, Tamaneji, Piiman as "Usopp pirates" and his own village setting I forgot how it's called sorry . Zoro had Kuina, Koushirou, stairs and the Shimotsuki village setting. Yamato has no one special Oda created for her and for her only, who belongs to her and her past only. Oden? Oden is for everyone and he never met her. Ace? Ace is for everyone and he never treat her like she's more special to him than the others he was friendly with. And why would he they met for a day at most and then he flew off. The fact that the guy who gave Yamato food doesn't even have a name or a face tells a couple of things to me, like Oda didn't care to elaborate. So yeah, it is what it is so far.
There might be more from Kaido yeah but I have a feeling it will be mostly focused on his Rocks past and the days when he was very young himself. We have enough of adult Kaido during Oden's flashback already.

Well you pretty much have made points with what I was about to say lol. But I’ll just make points so they should be easier to read

Monet Pros:
- great design. She is the only harpy in the whole series
- great powerset. She is the first and only canonical female logia
- interesting personality. We’ve seen she has somehow shy personality under her cruel cover
- her name starts with M, and there is no Straw Hat with alphabet M as their initial name thus she fits the alphabet theory
- Oda mentioned in SBS, and later in Vivre Card, that Monet & Sugar had had terrible past and they were saved by Doflamingo. Terrible past is one of the main conditions to have to be a Straw Hat. It’s pretty sus that Oda bothered explaining that she & Sugar had terrible past, only to be killed
- regarding her Logia power, she fits if she’s the only logia in the crew. Sounds a bit too stretched, but maybe that’s also the reason why she is the only canonical female logia so far
- if she joins, she can complete the cycle of power of the girls in the crew: Nami as non-DF user, Robin as Paramecia DF user, Yamato as Zoan DF user, and Monet as Logia DF user
- her Logia DF is just right. But in the case of fighting, she’s more of brain than brawl. She could outsmart Luffy. If she joins, IMO she’s definitely not a downgrade; especially if Robin can’t use haki yet. She’s still weaker than Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jimbei, Yamato but stronger than Robin
- her DF power is not dependent on occasional scenario. She could even survive the heat side of Punk Hazard while scouting Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, Robin without any side effects on her power
- Luffy’s intense love for snow which has been hinted many times
- also regarding her DF power, some say that it would be too redundant if there is another snow/ice user in the crew. IMO, so far Yamato only has 1 ice based attack. I have a speculation that Yamato can use other elemental attacks besides ice (like fire or electric)
- she is presumed dead, but since her DF hasn’t been shown in circulation & nobody has been seen using her DF power, I still have faith she will still be alive; especially with the ambiguity of her status in Vivre Card databook
- with the release of the recent chapter, the speculation above gets stronger. Kinemon survived a supposedly fatal blow from Kaido, and his body was torn into 2 again. This could probably be a hint that Monet could also survive the heart stab; especially since she is a Logia, and the stab wasn’t imbued by haki
- she is also similar with Nami & Robin; being an intellectual. If she joins, her role can be an astronomer, and she may be the key to know Uranus as an ancient weapon
- she was a villain, similar with how Nami & Robin went to the bad way. If she makes a comeback, her mentioned tragic past could be revealed in her comeback arc
- her obsession with birds may possibly related to her past; especially because birds are symbol of freedom. It may also be related to either Skypiean/Lunarian, and she has an obsession with birds/winged creature. It’s also pretty sus that other creatures in Punk Hazard are land based half-creature as she’s the only sky based half-creature
- it’s pretty weird if Oda gave her one of the rarest type of DFs; only to be killed in the same arc, especially since she’s the first and only canonical female Logia. Sounds too sussy
- she has obsession with sky related themes, as birds, and especially with the appearance of sky related books on her desk (books with ASTRO and CLIP; where CLIP is probably eCLIPse). She may have intense obsession, but since she’s indebted to Doflamingo, she toned down her obsession. This obsession could be revealed if she will have comeback later.

Monet Cons:
- presumed dead. Although this point has quite a counter-argument which has already been explained above
- too long to make a comeback. This is another con, but if she has a comeback, it may be possible that her comeback is in Vegapunk arc; especially that tech, sci-fi related themes have been hinted pre-TS, and more as a recurring theme post-TS
- regarding the point above, IMHO I think it’s still much better to be out of story for the meantime because of her presumed death; rather than still alive but being a background character

those are my opinions and points for Monet anyway
Other con:

- Was an ennemy
- Helped Ceasar experiment on children

I don't know, those look like pretty big deal to me.. Especially for Nami who would never forgive that.

:seriously:

Other con:

- Was an ennemy
- Helped Ceasar experiment on children

I don't know, those look like pretty big deal to me.. Especially for Nami who would never forgive that.

- Robin & Franky were enemies
- She helped Caesar under Doflamingo’s orders. Nami & Chopper hated Caesar, but they still didn’t mind working together with him. Besides, nothing in the manga is pointing towards your speculation that Nami will not forgive what Monet did, especially that what Monet did was under Doflamingo’s orders. The kids were also shown having no fear nor hatred towards her, means that although she helped Caesar under Doflamingo’s orders, she was never hostile to the kids.

And still her pros are thrice more than her cons
:goyea:

Last edited:
Rectification:

Robin and Franky were antagonist. There were prepared as false ennemy and future ally. (You can see that in the first introduction of Robin and the discussion between Usopp and Franky)

I don't see how helping Ceasar because of Doflamingo help her case. Nami and Chopper had no choice but to work with Ceasar.

Yes everything in the manga points to Nami not Forgiving Monet. All punk Hazard was constructed on the love on Nami about children and her anger toward those who did that to them. So sorry, but Nami wouldn't forgive Monet.

The fact that the kid had no fear against Monet don't neglect the fact that she was their oppressor.

Monet might have more pro but her con are much more stronger and quite eliminatory.

Well you pretty much have made points with what I was about to say lol. But I’ll just make points so they should be easier to read

Monet Pros:
- great design. She is the only harpy in the whole series
- great powerset. She is the first and only canonical female logia
- interesting personality. We’ve seen she has somehow shy personality under her cruel cover
- her name starts with M, and there is no Straw Hat with alphabet M as their initial name thus she fits the alphabet theory
- Oda mentioned in SBS, and later in Vivre Card, that Monet & Sugar had had terrible past and they were saved by Doflamingo. Terrible past is one of the main conditions to have to be a Straw Hat. It’s pretty sus that Oda bothered explaining that she & Sugar had terrible past, only to be killed
- regarding her Logia power, she fits if she’s the only logia in the crew. Sounds a bit too stretched, but maybe that’s also the reason why she is the only canonical female logia so far
- if she joins, she can complete the cycle of power of the girls in the crew: Nami as non-DF user, Robin as Paramecia DF user, Yamato as Zoan DF user, and Monet as Logia DF user
- her Logia DF is just right. But in the case of fighting, she’s more of brain than brawl. She could outsmart Luffy. If she joins, IMO she’s definitely not a downgrade; especially if Robin can’t use haki yet. She’s still weaker than Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jimbei, Yamato but stronger than Robin
- her DF power is not dependent on occasional scenario. She could even survive the heat side of Punk Hazard while scouting Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, Robin without any side effects on her power
- Luffy’s intense love for snow which has been hinted many times
- also regarding her DF power, some say that it would be too redundant if there is another snow/ice user in the crew. IMO, so far Yamato only has 1 ice based attack. I have a speculation that Yamato can use other elemental attacks besides ice (like fire or electric)
- she is presumed dead, but since her DF hasn’t been shown in circulation & nobody has been seen using her DF power, I still have faith she will still be alive; especially with the ambiguity of her status in Vivre Card databook
- with the release of the recent chapter, the speculation above gets stronger. Kinemon survived a supposedly fatal blow from Kaido, and his body was torn into 2 again. This could probably be a hint that Monet could also survive the heart stab; especially since she is a Logia, and the stab wasn’t imbued by haki
- she is also similar with Nami & Robin; being an intellectual. If she joins, her role can be an astronomer, and she may be the key to know Uranus as an ancient weapon
- she was a villain, similar with how Nami & Robin went to the bad way. If she makes a comeback, her mentioned tragic past could be revealed in her comeback arc
- her obsession with birds may possibly related to her past; especially because birds are symbol of freedom. It may also be related to either Skypiean/Lunarian, and she has an obsession with birds/winged creature. It’s also pretty sus that other creatures in Punk Hazard are land based half-creature as she’s the only sky based half-creature
- it’s pretty weird if Oda gave her one of the rarest type of DFs; only to be killed in the same arc, especially since she’s the first and only canonical female Logia. Sounds too sussy
- she has obsession with sky related themes, as birds, and especially with the appearance of sky related books on her desk (books with ASTRO and CLIP; where CLIP is probably eCLIPse). She may have intense obsession, but since she’s indebted to Doflamingo, she toned down her obsession. This obsession could be revealed if she will have comeback later.

Monet Cons:
- presumed dead. Although this point has quite a counter-argument which has already been explained above
- too long to make a comeback. This is another con, but if she has a comeback, it may be possible that her comeback is in Vegapunk arc; especially that tech, sci-fi related themes have been hinted pre-TS, and more as a recurring theme post-TS
- regarding the point above, IMHO I think it’s still much better to be out of story for the meantime because of her presumed death; rather than still alive but being a background character

those are my opinions and points for Monet anyway
Yeah. There are good points. About Monet vivre card, I think she is alive, because her information seems to point out that she is not dead, only suffered an attack from caesar and nothing more. I really find interesting if Yamato and Monet joins, the could be the fourth girls with all different DF styles. No one, Paramecia, Zoan, Logia.

But I believe that Momo will join, and yamato being the protector of wano. but maybe I am wrong. Maybe Momo will fight with two swords and all sword styles will be completed. Zoro 3, Momo 2, Brook 1. But if Momo doesnt join, I believe wholeheartedly, that yamato will be the last.

In my mind. Jimbe is like zoro and Chopper. Monet like nami and robin. Bellamy as ussop and franky (Here I have doubts with kuma and pedro). And Momo with Sanji and Brook (Sometimes I have doubts with X Drake, but for me momo is a better choice, but only my opinion)

About your "Monet Cons". It was funny because I was speaking about that with my girlfriend and some friends yesterday. We were talking about the candidates for nakama, Vivi, Carrot, Monet and Yamato, they four were the subject of the conversation. And a very close friend said the same about monet as you, "too long to make a comeback, almost 7 years out", and Suddenly I said that we have to think the time in one piece and not the real time. For Luffy, since he met monet, were two weeks ago. But of course, I am honest with myself and it is still being a horrible situation, but it only depends in Luffy reaction.

And Yeah, Luffy loves the snow, I don´t remember the chapter that he said "I wish I had snow in my ship". (Before chopper Arc, but i don´t know, I forget that sorry.) And yes, the "Terrible past of monet who said Oda and misteriously he didnt show in the whole past of DD pirates", it seems to be a hint of Oda about monet sad past is more important that we could imagine.

The only good things, since we started onigashima raid, a lot of hints about that were showed by Oda. The gropu of "birds woman in the battle", The cp0 speaking about a room which didnt suffered damages in PH, the gigants mistery and all the references to punk hazard. And 1030 kinnemon again had a half body like PH and The fire yokai of Kanjorou is like smiley poison creature of PH

I mean, a lot of people started to think again about monet, and it is a good signal.

And still her pros are thrice more than her cons
This is only the main reason why I started to find One piece nakama patterns.

Especially for Nami who would never forgive that.

Nami also said that she would never forget arlong. And Jimbe Joined.

These two were shorter but memorable.
Yeah. This is the best answer. We dont need a looooooooooooooong story. If the candidate had a terrible sad past, a role , a dream, and Luffy is interested in her or him. We don´t need nothing more.

I think the heart pirates could just disband.
I always believe that it will happen. But It seems that Law have something new in mind, so the crew will continue, but it can change.
Monet might have more pro but her con are much more stronger and quite eliminatory.
I don´t think so. For me the benefits are quite bigger having monet as nakama, but it is truth that is not sure, monet right now is like pedro, maybe they are fine or not.
Vivi maybe will travel again with luffy, maybe as nakama or not, but I hope to see her again with mugiwaras
Lets talk a little bit about Hancock. What if she entered the crew? :shocking:

I can see Sanji turning stone everyday. :yasu:
Two things. Hamcock would be great as nakama, but i don´t se her in the ship, she need something more. And about sanji, right now his ADN is changing, maybe he will be more formal with ladies.

Two things. Hamcock would be great as nakama, but i don´t se her in the ship, she need something more. And about sanji, right now his ADN is changing, maybe he will be more formal with ladies.
Yes, i dont see Hancock in the ship either but it would be cool so i dont care. :kayneshrug:

Sanji's DNA is changing so when he sees Hancock he will hard as Diamond. :getnappaed:
Also Judge's experiment isnt changing Sanji's emotions only his body and we will see this at the raid.
Post automatically merged:

Rectification:

Robin and Franky were antagonist. There were prepared as false ennemy and future ally. (You can see that in the first introduction of Robin and the discussion between Usopp and Franky)

I don't see how helping Ceasar because of Doflamingo help her case. Nami and Chopper had no choice but to work with Ceasar.

Yes everything in the manga points to Nami not Forgiving Monet. All punk Hazard was constructed on the love on Nami about children and her anger toward those who did that to them. So sorry, but Nami wouldn't forgive Monet.

The fact that the kid had no fear against Monet don't neglect the fact that she was their oppressor.

Well the thing with Monet is she has done bad things for the children. It doesnt matter if she is do it herself or helped Caesar because when Strawhat does bad things like beating people and stealing Oda justifies it.

Let me give an example Nami steals but she only steals from pirates. Franky beats Usopp but he didnt take the money his men did and he spend it before even meeting Usopp so on and so forth. But hurting kids and animals Oda and we readers would never forgive that because kids are pure at heart and Oda shows it by Nami's hatred towards Caesar.

Well you guys can say but maybe she didnt do anything maybe Caesar did everything. It doesnt matter letting someone doing horrible things to the children is as bad as doing those things to those children and i think Punk Hazard shows that. In this regard i agree with you.
Well i guess i took this way too seriously then i should. :hope:
Monet is a fun character but terrible candidate. Whatever love you all and see you on my next TED talk. :brootea:

Last edited:
Only idiots think there was any possibility Monet would join, like you actively have to ignore Punk Hazard to make up fantasies about them the go into the range of lets just make shit up about them to make them more interesting or important then Moet ever was.

Last edited:
Monet is an even worse shout than Carrot is
I mean you don't want a child killing, poisoner who happily worked with an evil maniacal sociopath and and Evil Scientist who had no qualms about said poisoning and child killing?

I mean who wouldn't want to make shit up about how they didn't like it or was forced/indebted to do it just like how we pretend Monet wrote the note to Chopper even though the story clearly state along with Law saying it was him and his chains were fake.

And that’s exactly the reason why I actually don’t want to talk about Monet. But at least I have said my opinions and not forcing them into anybody’s throat and act like a professional analyst. Still have more faith in Yamato

for the Nami won’t forgive Monet argument: remember Hatchan? He was Arlong’s henchman, and Nami said she wouldn’t easily forgive him for what happened. But in the end Nami still forgave him, and they’re on good terms now. Well, that’s all I can say.

In the end, I beg to differ: Monet >>> Carrot (P.S. I’m not talking about candidacy to join at this part)

Last edited:
If you go by strictly interactions and dynamics with the crew for entertainment value, i think Bonney and Perona would be the best choices..

Bonney
  1. She can turn any Strawhats in a child or old man at will
  2. She would have food contest with Luffy
  3. She's boorish
  4. Zoro attitude irritates her
  5. She will verbally abuse Sanji in return for being a pervert?
  6. Her powers won't work on Brook?
  7. She will terrify chopper
Perona
  1. Her powers work on everyone but Usopp, moments to show God Usopp's greatness
  2. Brook is afraid of Ghosts
  3. She's selfproclaimed princess
  4. Nami has beef with her for trying to steal her treasure
  5. She would get along with Robin's dark humor
  6. Zoro's attitude irritates her, though they are somewhat on good terms now
  7. Sanji would get ghosted every single time
  8. Chopper will admire Usopp even more, Perona will want Chopper for her teddy bear collection

And that’s exactly the reason why I actually don’t want to talk about Monet. But at least I have said my opinions and not forcing them into anybody’s throat and act like a professional analyst. Still have more faith in Yamato

although I beg to differ: Monet >>> Carrot (P.S. I’m not talking about candidacy to join at this part)
1 Why ? But you don´t have to feel bad about monet haters. I don´t care what people says about her. We are free to think.

2 I agree with you. If Monet doesnt Join, I prefer yamato than carrot, for me is better.

If you go by strictly interactions and dynamics with the crew for entertainment value, i think Bonney and Perona would be the best choices..

Bonney
  1. She can turn any Strawhats in a child or old man at will
  2. She would have food contest with Luffy
  3. She's boorish
  4. Zoro attitude irritates her
  5. She will verbally abuse Sanji in return for being a pervert?
  6. Her powers won't work on Brook?
  7. She will terrify chopper
Perona
  1. Her powers work on everyone but Usopp, moments to show God Usopp's greatness
  2. Brook is afraid of Ghosts
  3. She's selfproclaimed princess
  4. Nami has beef with her for trying to steal her treasure
  5. She would get along with Robin's dark humor
  6. Zoro's attitude irritates her, though they are somewhat on good terms now
  7. Sanji would get ghosted every single time
  8. Chopper will admire Usopp even more, Perona will want Chopper for her teddy bear collection
I think Perona is a better choice. The supernovas were an idea of last time that Oda imagine before Shabaody. Bonney is difficult.

Hancock and Law joining Strawhats might be a dream at this point but i want best boy and best girl in the Strawhats. :optimistic:
Everything could happen in one piece. Look at me, I want for nakama Bellamy and Monet, so unpopular opinion. But Hamcock is better than law.

-----

What If carrot join into Law or Kidd crew? She wants to see the world, and luffy is not the only one, there are others crews.

1 Why ? But you don´t have to feel bad about monet haters. I don´t care what people says about her. We are free to think.

2 I agree with you. If Monet doesnt Join, I prefer yamato than carrot, for me is better.
for number 1, I personally disagree. Anybody who doesn’t share the idea of Monet joining doesn’t mean they’re Monet haters. They just simply don’t see the qualities in Monet, and we have to appreciate them. Yes we are free to think, but they are also free to speak their opinion and we have accept their opinion without saying that they’re Monet haters

for number 2 I don’t have to say anything :cheers:

Last edited:

I think Perona is a better choice. The supernovas were an idea of last time that Oda imagine before Shabaody. Bonney is difficult.

Everything could happen in one piece. Look at me, I want for nakama Bellamy and Monet, so unpopular opinion. But Hamcock is better than law.
Oh, dont worry i like Monet maybe Oda will do her a redemption arc just like he did to Bellamy. Like how Bellamy is a bad guy then sees the World and becomes good. I like Monet but i wanted to talk about her Real possibility and why i think she is not gonna happen imo.

Hancock and Law are S tier characters. Hope we see Hancock more often.

for number 1, I personally disagree. Anybody who doesn’t share the idea of Monet joining doesn’t mean they’re Monet haters. They just simply don’t see the qualities in Monet, and we have to appreciate them. Yes we are free to think, but we are also free to accept their opinion without saying that they’re Monet haters

for number 2 I don’t have to say anything :cheers:
1 Oh yes. I didn´t write well. I wanted to say "haters" for people who said bad things. I respect all ideas when they write with education

2 In my opinion, Yamato would enjoy a better story than carrot, i am not saying carrot is a bad character. I am only saying yamato is more complete.

Oh, dont worry i like Monet maybe Oda will do her a redemption arc just like he did to Bellamy. Like how Bellamy is a bad guy then sees the World and becomes good. I like Monet but i wanted to talk about her Real possibility and why i think she is not gonna happen imo.

Hancock and Law are S tier characters. Hope we see Hancock more often.
Dont worry. For me is interesting to read all candidates that people say. Between "yes" and "no" everything could happen. If I remember Oda said that Boa will be more important again.

The entirety of her existence from Zou to Wano is 95 % background character, that's how bad she is..
Carrot is not linked with the world like the mugiwaras. Carrot never met an important character, and pedro maybe is alive, this is the problem

Last edited:
Yes, i dont see Hancock in the ship either but it would be cool so i dont care. :kayneshrug:

Sanji's DNA is changing so when he sees Hancock he will hard as Diamond. :getnappaed:
Also Judge's experiment isnt changing Sanji's emotions only his body and we will see this at the raid.
Post automatically merged:

Well the thing with Monet is she has done bad things for the children. It doesnt matter if she is do it herself or helped Caesar because when Strawhat does bad things like beating people and stealing Oda justifies it.

Let me give an example Nami steals but she only steals from pirates. Franky beats Usopp but he didnt take the money his men did and he spend it before even meeting Usopp so on and so forth. But hurting kids and animals Oda and we readers would never forgive that because kids are pure at heart and Oda shows it by Nami's hatred towards Caesar.

Well you guys can say but maybe she didnt do anything maybe Caesar did everything. It doesnt matter letting someone doing horrible things to the children is as bad as doing those things to those children and i think Punk Hazard shows that. In this regard i agree with you.
Well i guess i took this way too seriously then i should. :hope:
Monet is a fun character but terrible candidate. Whatever love you all and see you on my next TED talk. :brootea:
Sanji would turn even harder than his Exoskeleton when he will eventually see Hancock again I presume.

The fact she didn't join the crew made his blood stay in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.