Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry rabbit boy ahahahha

About Vivi, if Pluton is in Alabasta, the WG could be after that, so they killed Cobra, and tried to kill Vivi, and because of that she have to run from them and seek protection with the SH, could even be that to the public the WG framed as if the Revos were the ones that attacked Cobra and kidnaped Vivi. And of course, Wapol was leaking info to Morgans and he know that Vivi was a pirate under the SH flag.

Could even be that Kuma use his power to send Vivi to the SH.

Think most of this depend on what is the news the WG was trying to hide, if is the Alabasta one, the Sabo one or the Warlods one.

But making the VA record a video? I can't recall lol.
It's not something to be so hyped about xd. They congratulate popular characters differently each year starting with Law. Last year it was VAs writing a congratulatory message on a board, this year it's a record video and a drawing. It's going to go full circle till the Law's birthday in October 2022 then they'll do something new again.

Last edited:
This is total guesswork from me, but I think that Shuiesha might have a bit more to say about what goes on the front cover than they do for the colour pages.

And they might have said “hey, we’re on to a good thing with Yamato here, Oda, you put her on the front cover of this issue.”

Just wouldn’t surprise me, cause there’s certainly a massive push for Yamato that goes even beyond what Law got in Dressrosa.

Just wouldn’t surprise me, cause there’s certainly a massive push for Yamato that goes even beyond what Law got in Dressrosa.
Law was on WSJ cover only twise, back in 2012 (Punk Hazard) and in 2021 (the captain trio cover). It's interesting to me because Law was rivaling Luffy for the first place in popularity during HP and DR era, he had exhibitions dedicated solely to him alone and stores in Japan were overflowing with Law mech back in 2013-2016. And still he didn't get to the cover, not even once xd Maybe Shueisha didn't want for him to get even more attention, he had already more than just enough to the point of overshadowing the MC. So who knows.

That's why I feel weird with all the Yamato pushing, feels like they are using her to build a hype rather than anything.

Yamao's an arc only fan service character so of course they're going to excessively milk her for all she's worth in the remaining time they can. It's the behaviour you'd expect especially when working with a limited time product.

Has nothing to do with joining the crew of course. Jinbe never received even a sliver of this media focus because he's old, fat and ugly. Not exactly the figure you'd use to promote a series to potential readers.

But a sexy oni Nami, that's powerful and has the culturally trendy Kimetsu no Yaiba hair to boot, and also might join the crew?!! Gold! They'll slobber all over that.
Even after this chapter Oda refused to include Jinbe in any straw hat material and all OP marketing was done entirely without him, with hunky fan favourite Law replacing him in Wano straw hat merch.
It's really not some huge mystery as to why the popular character of the time is being promoted lmaoo.

has the culturally trendy Kimetsu no Yaiba hair to boot
lol you know what, that one got me the most and I was thinking about it too. She and her coloring indeed looks like something trendy from another franchise. Call me a fool if she actually joins, but she's so contrasting to the actual SHs. Like a fairy among the goons with their boring one tone colors xd

lol you know what, that one got me the most and I was thinking about it too. She and her coloring indeed looks like something trendy from another franchise. Call me a fool if she actually joins, but she's so contrasting to the actual SHs. Like a fairy among the goons with their boring one tone colors xd
It's just one of the reasons why I reckon that Yamao didn't even exist as a character in Oda's mind until like the Udon portion of the arc. He winged her, just like the supernovas. It'd explain why there was literally zero foreshadowing whatsoever, which is always rare from Oda.

Yamao's hair is completely ripped off from demon slayer which is a cultural phenomenon in Japan. The series brought in a new wave of people dying the tips of their hair specific colours to match the characters. But demon slayer only became trendy in late 2019, and there's no doubt IMO that KnY is the source of inspiration for Yamao's hair. And I can't imagine Oda would design a main character in his 2 decade long series, based on a trend from another series...

I can see Oda just looking at this popular trend and deciding to slap it on his new fan servicey character. "Ah, they like that? Then they'll love this!"
Call me a fool if she actually joins, but she's so contrasting to the actual SHs. Like a fairy among the goons with their boring one tone colors xd
I agree. There's too much going on. Whilst they each have their own unique traits, their base appearances never seemed..."busy".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.