Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If yes, that seems to throw off the power balance of the crewmates. Yamato would be only below Luffy which feels wrong. Zoro is the literal First Mate and Sanji is Zoro's rival. The wings of the Pirate King. The Monster Trio.
Refer to Jinbe's situation... Pseudo-nerfing exists and that "Wings must always be more powerful than the rest except Luffy" school of thinking only matters with powerscalers...

If no, where does Yamato fit in the crew? Between Sanji and Jinbe? After Jinbe? IMO, Yamato cannot be between Zoro and Sanji as that throws off the rivalry between the two of them.
Below Zoro which won't matter as Sanji will always "protect" Yamato being a female, because of pseudo-nerfing...

Im sure they're still here under a different name
:kuzanshut:

You're assuming everyone thinks Ace and Sabo are on a level between commanders and Emperors. Subjective power scaling that differ greatly from person to person isn't an argument.
Ace and Sabo were near equals. Ace is Roger's son and was the 2nd division Commander. That's comparable to YC2 level pretimeskip with a faster growth rate than most. Sabo is the Chief of Staff of the Revolutionaries second only to Luffy's dad Dragon.

Based off card game suits ranks, Ace would be above the Calamities King, Queen, and Jack.

It is subjective but the likelihood of Luffy's older brothers being on that level are high.

Do you think Oda powerscales the Strawhats? I imagine it's inevitable to a certain degree. So if Yamato is on that level, then Oda will answer how it works in the crew but I don't see how.

By the way, I see Yamato more around Jinbe's level as I think Yamato is overhyped while Jinbe seems to be getting underhyped.
Power level here is irrelevant.

Oda can throw fucking level character to the SHs if he wants to. But the problem is the background and how to make it with sense.

Yamato's power level is irrelevant. She will never be stronger than Zoro and Luffy.

She's only a threat to that blonde cuck.
Oda could add whoever but he won't. Because it has to make sense to him as you stated. There is a method to his storytelling.

So power level is relevant if Yamato will never be stronger than Luffy or Zoro. Otherwise hypothetically Yamato could be stronger than both, no?

It seems many Yamato believers are Sanji haters. Zoro and Sanji are near equals. If someone can defeat Sanji, in all likelihood they can defeat Zoro too.
Refer to Jinbe's situation... Pseudo-nerfing exists and that "Wings must always be more powerful than the rest except Luffy" school of thinking only matters with powerscalers...

Below Zoro which won't matter as Sanji will always "protect" Yamato being a female, because of pseudo-nerfing...

:kuzanshut:
Jinbe I'm assuming didn't go through rigorous training for ~2 years to allow the Monster Trio to be set up to surpass him while the rest of the crew to became respectable. Notice how Jinbe didn't get to truly join until Zoro received Enma and Sanji had Stealth Black which later modified his body. Oda established the path for both to jump above Jinbe.

"Nerfing" an established character in Jinbe is not the same as "nerfing" Yamato who is still in their introductory arc.

It's a weird dynamic to have a crewmate be between Zoro and Sanji in powerscaling because of their rivalry. It's even weirder for Sanji to "protect" Yamato if Yamato is a more capable fighter. And you think Oda will nerf Yamato who has only been in 1 arc? How?

I doubt that type of drama in the series and real life perception is what Oda envisioned. But I guess Sanji can call Yamato now instead of Robin if Sanji happens to be matched up against a female.
:kayneshrug:

Do those who think Yamato will join see Yamato on Ace/Sabo level? I'll assume that is between an Emperor and Sweet Commander/Calamity.

If yes, that seems to throw off the power balance of the crewmates. Yamato would be only below Luffy which feels wrong. Zoro is the literal First Mate and Sanji is Zoro's rival. The wings of the Pirate King. The Monster Trio.

If no, where does Yamato fit in the crew? Between Sanji and Jinbe? After Jinbe? IMO, Yamato cannot be between Zoro and Sanji as that throws off the rivalry between the two of them.
I agree that Yamato will be below Sanji if she joins but I don't think the reason is to preserve the Zoro/Sanji "rivalry"

I think it's more so the fact that Sanji has always been the cemented #3 of the crew and that's never changed despite the constant clamors of "X character will take Sanji's spot in the M3"

Jinbe I'm assuming didn't go through rigorous training for ~2 years to allow the Monster Trio to be set up to surpass him while the rest of the crew to became respectable. Notice how Jinbe didn't get to truly join until Zoro received Enma and Sanji had Stealth Black which later modified his body. Oda established the path for both to jump above Jinbe.
You need to read FI arc and the beginning of the raid...

"Nerfing" an established character in Jinbe is not the same as "nerfing" Yamato who is still in their introductory arc.
Pseudo-nerfing the SHs the Oda's way is to give them "lesser" opponents or not giving one at all...

I agree that Yamato will be below Sanji if she joins but I don't think the reason is to preserve the Zoro/Sanji "rivalry"

I think it's more so the fact that Sanji has always been the cemented #3 of the crew and that's never changed despite the constant clamors of "X character will take Sanji's spot in the M3"
This...

People are just overreacting and gatekeeping TBH...

:ihaha:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It seems many Yamato believers are Sanji haters. Zoro and Sanji are near equals. If someone can defeat Sanji, in all likelihood they can defeat Zoro too.
Depends.

I'm a Zoro fan and I hate the idea of her joining but not because I feel threatened she may overtake Zoro.

It's just stupid, zero background, no interactions with crew. She only repeats two lines which is I'm Oden and I knew Ace so I will sail with Luffy!

Do those who think Yamato will join see Yamato on Ace/Sabo level? I'll assume that is between an Emperor and Sweet Commander/Calamity.

Why make it about the rivalry.

Sanji will always be a close number 3 in the crew because he’s one of the three leaders of the crew and that he is one of luffys two most trusted crew mates.

Sanji and zoro are wings because of what they mean to Luffy not because Sanji is Zoros rival.

And no Yamato won’t change that. She’ll eventually go the way of Jinbe which everyone said “Jinbe will break the monster trio” and now Sanji can literally low diff Jinbe

Who will be saltier if their respective choices don’t join?
Carrot Fans? Or Yamato fans?

those who are extremely dedicated to Carrot gotta be in what’s considered a cult at this point, and Yamato fans are extremely confident she’s joining.
Yamato fans because most carrot fans already accepted their L. If Yamato doesn’t join her fandom is going to salt the earth

Who will be saltier if their respective choices don’t join?
Carrot Fans? Or Yamato fans?

those who are extremely dedicated to Carrot gotta be in what’s considered a cult at this point, and Yamato fans are extremely confident she’s joining.
I'm fine with Yamato not joining as long as she travels with Luffy or at bare minimum goes out to sea some other way. Joining the crew aside, it would literally be a waste of dozens of chapters and buildup for her to change her mind on leaving Wano at the last minute.

I will always say it's the equivalent of Momo deciding not to be shogun after all these flashbacks and character moments building it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.