Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You like Nami, Boa, Yamato and Robin because they are following a typical "female in media" pattern in term of characterization, attitude and design. Carrot is completely different. She jumps, she scream, she garchu, she is not afraid of loving cool things, she jump before thinking, she stupid, she doesn't care.

And this is what made a full part of the fanbase.. hate her for no actual reasons.
I like Robin,Nami, Boa and all of them because they are interesting characters. They are strong or smart or funny. I also like Lola she isn’t pretty, she is also not that strong, actually she is weak by current standards. But I still like her, cuz she is funny.

Carrot is boooring, she has nothing that goes for her. Do I have to like someone because she jumps around and doesn’t think? Have you ever thought that people like different thinks, different types of characters? Carrot can become the strongest mink and I will not like her. She doesn’t do anything, she is not funny, she is not strong, she is not smart. The only thing she has going for her is that she is from a different race. But we have thousands of those and among them she is not special. She is Naive and that is something I never liked. Go and check the definition of sexist you idiot. Sexism is judging by the sex of a person. I’m judging her by her annoying character, which again I don’t like and don’t have to like. I hated her from the first panel she was shown and I don’t really have a reason. And I don’t need one. Some characters you like immediately and some you hate immediately. Carrot is the later.
Now go and do a video about how people are sexist against Carrot not because of her sex but because she is annoying and post on your YouTube channel.

I like Robin,Nami, Boa and all of them because they are interesting characters. They are strong or smart or funny. I also like Lola she isn’t pretty, she is also not that strong, actually she is weak by current standards. But I still like her, cuz she is funny.

Carrot is boooring, she has nothing that goes for her. Do I have to like someone because she jumps around and doesn’t think? Have ever thought that people like different thinks, different types of characters? Carrot can become the strongest mink and I will not like her. She doesn’t do anything, she is not funny, she is not strong, she is not smart. The only thing she has going for her is that she is from a different race. But we have thousands of those and among them she is not special. She is Naive and that is something I never liked. Go and check the definition of sexist you idiot. Sexism is judging but the sex of a person. I’m judging her by her annoying character, which again I don’t like and don’t have to like. I hated her from the first panel she was shown and I don’t really have a reason. And I don’t need one. Some characters you like immediately and some you hate immediately. Carrot is the later.
Now go and do a video about how people are sexist against Carrot not because of her sex but because she is annoying and post on your YouTube channel.
The guy has a YouTube channel?

Keep coping also if you still think that Toei doesn't spoil stuff for the manga readers, you are stupid.
Yup. Toei doesn't spoil stuff to mangareaders

Wrong. But good to know you're clueless.
Yes it is. But I don't intend for you to understand it. It's ok. Let's agree to disagree.

I know very well what's sexism but what are you pointing at exactly??
My point is that there is a trend in the community where toxic masculinity is omnipresent. That trend is leading toward transphobia against character like Kiku or Yamato, but that trend is also leading toward sexism toward women in general in the story and all the more against Carrot.

fiction isn't reality for a reason you know
And bad behavior doesn't stop because something is fictionnal.

Carrot is literally a stereotype, I forgot the name of the trope but she’s literally another cliche of women in anime
Luffy is also a stereotype, do you see anyone bashing him for that reason ? Stereotype and archetype are just the base of characters. When those character are good - like Carrot - they go beyond that.

Strawhats = main characters
/thread
Never said that Carrot was a strawhat.

yes that's sexism but that's not the case here

they don't like carrot as a character but it's not due to her sex rather it's due to poor portrayal of her character
If toxic men were disliking women based on their sex, the world would be a completely different place. Toxic men don't like women because of a lot of things (I just mentionned some of them earlier). And that's the case with Carrot here. And that is sexism and toxic masculinity.

It might be non intentional, it's still harmfull.

Because behind Carrot they are people who don't feel worthy of stating their love for the character because of that constant bashing.

Debatable

“Carrot the straw hat” or something like that. But he doesn’t admit it.
That's not me. ;)

He does but he doesn’t upload anything if you say anything Bad about carrot in a YouTube video he will be there https://youtube.com/channel/UCAyu8KEVu_j6g9GS6jqBMgA
Yup that's me

Carrot is boooring, she has nothing that goes for her
Of course she has. She had one of the best moment in whole cake.. but you are choosing to ignore it. No wonder you find Carrot "boooring"

Carrot is boooring, she has nothing that goes for her. Do I have to like someone because she jumps around and doesn’t think? Have you ever thought that people like different thinks, different types of characters? Carrot can become the strongest mink and I will not like her. She doesn’t do anything, she is not funny, she is not strong, she is not smart. The only thing she has going for her is that she is from a different race. But we have thousands of those and among them she is not special. She is Naive and that is something I never liked. Go and check the definition of sexist you idiot. Sexism is judging by the sex of a person. I’m judging her by her annoying character, which again I don’t like and don’t have to like. I hated her from the first panel she was shown and I don’t really have a reason. And I don’t need one. Some characters you like immediately and some you hate immediately. Carrot is the later.
"I'm not sexist, I just don't like a girl because she is not funny, she do not act, she is not strong, she is not smart, she is naive, she is annoying, I just hated her from the first panel she was shown and I don't really have a reason" (the first full panel of Carrot was Carrot clashing against a man)

L.m.a.o

"I'm not sexist, I just don't like a girl because she is not funny, she do not act, she is not strong, she is not smart, she is naive, she is annoying, I just hated her from the first panel she was shown and I don't really have a reason" (the first full panel of Carrot was Carrot clashing against a man)

L.m.a.o
Taking things out of context

Yup. Toei doesn't spoil stuff to mangareaders

Yes it is. But I don't intend for you to understand it. It's ok. Let's agree to disagree.

My point is that there is a trend in the community where toxic masculinity is omnipresent. That trend is leading toward transphobia against character like Kiku or Yamato, but that trend is also leading toward sexism toward women in general in the story and all the more against Carrot.

And bad behavior doesn't stop because something is fictionnal.

Luffy is also a stereotype, do you see anyone bashing him for that reason ? Stereotype and archetype are just the base of characters. When those character are good - like Carrot - they go beyond that.

Never said that Carrot was a strawhat.

If toxic men were disliking women based on their sex, the world would be a completely different place. Toxic men don't like women because of a lot of things (I just mentionned some of them earlier). And that's the case with Carrot here. And that is sexism and toxic masculinity.

It might be non intentional, it's still harmfull.

Because behind Carrot they are people who don't feel worthy of stating their love for the character because of that constant bashing.

Debatable

That's not me. ;)

Yup that's me

Of course she has. She had one of the best moment in whole cake.. but you are choosing to ignore it. No wonder you find Carrot "boooring"

L.m.a.o
Wrong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.